Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Villa's owners are okay with paying the transfer fee; the wages are the big problem.
  • Coutinho's Barcelona salary: £25M/year before tax (or just above £480,750/week)
  • Villa are currently paying less than 25% of Coutinho's salary for this loan spell, or ~£120k/week.
  • Coutinho will enter his final year in his current Barcelona contract next season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Marca (Luis F. Rojo; article in English)
  • Atletico Madrid's interest in Emerson Royal isn't recent.
    • They were interested in him before he joined Tottenham.
    • Initial contact with the player & his camp 1 month ago
  • Inter are also interested, but the player prefers Spain.
  • Atletico Madrid are also looking at Matty Cash but are more interested in Emerson Royal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Source: Marca (Luis F. Rojo; article in English)
  • Atletico Madrid's interest in Emerson Royal isn't recent.
    • They were interested in him before he joined Tottenham.
    • Initial contact with the player & his camp 1 month ago
  • Inter are also interested, but the player prefers Spain.
  • Atletico Madrid are also looking at Matty Cash but are more interested in Emerson Royal.
Atletico Madrid have been in touch with fecking everyone.

sparx99

Just remember that should you not make top 4, you will not have much of a transfer budget from the Glazers and all those leaving because of the contracts being up don't help, and the ones you say are not good enough are never going to get contracts from other teams to match Man Utd. If you had 12 going out, how many do you think you can sign with a 50M budget with very little coming from player sales?
We could sell or release 12 players quite easily and replace them with only 4-5 signings. Our squad is absolutely bonkers massive. I make it 37 players who could be part of the 1st team squad in some capacity. The good news is that even if our budget is £50-80m we could probably raise a solid £100m+ not including the huge wages being freed up. I'm not being that generous with fees either.

De Gea
Henderson
Heaton
Grant

Dalot
AWB
Laird

Telles
Shaw
Williams

Maguire
Tuanzebe
Varane
Lindelof
Mengi
Bailly
Jones

Matic
Fred
McTominay
Pereira
Van De Beek
Pogba
Mata
Bruno
Mejbri
Garner

Chong
Amad
Sancho
Rashford
Elanga
Lingard
Greenwood

Ronaldo
Cavani
Martial

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We could sell or release 12 players quite easily and replace them with only 4-5 signings. Our squad is absolutely bonkers massive. I make it 37 players who could be part of the 1st team squad in some capacity. The good news is that even if our budget is £50-80m we could probably raise a solid £100m+ not including the huge wages being freed up. I'm not being that generous with fees either.

De Gea
Henderson
Heaton
Grant

Dalot
AWB
Laird

Telles
Shaw
Williams

Maguire
Tuanzebe
Varane
Lindelof
Mengi
Bailly
Jones

Matic
Fred
McTominay
Pereira
Van De Beek
Pogba
Mata
Bruno
Mejbri
Garner

Chong
Amad
Sancho
Rashford
Elanga
Lingard
Greenwood

Ronaldo
Cavani
Martial
We have some big wages coming off for us too. With the club being sold, we are fortunate that a few of our loaned players are really having a strong showing because I think Chelsea will have a quiet summer incoming. Perhaps two players at best.

MrSingh2002

Source:
  • Current salary: £150k/week
  • Expected to rise if the new terms are agreed
feck Luke Shaw. Hope we sell him. He's a definite waster who never truly cared to reach his potential and he's never in shape which is unexcusable for a professional player.

clonsolar

Shaw at start of the season was after an amazing Euro's and we were full of hope. I still think that he has a part to play in a 'New United'. Lot's more need to be shown the door before him.

Andrew7582

Why does Shaw's contract need to be raised when he's already on £150k, that's more than enough already, this club spends on wages like money grows on trees.

Brophs

The One and Only

Source:
Today it was apparently a setback that the underperforming Rashford wanted out and now it’s a boost that the underperforming Shaw wants to stay. Funny old game, Saint.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

Source:
Hmm... yeah let's see if his form improves. If not, get rid.

But being realistic, the club will probably keep him rather than selling him and buying a more expensive replacement.

sparx99

Hmm... yeah let's see if his form improves. If not, get rid.

But being realistic, the club will probably keep him rather than selling him and buying a more expensive replacement.
Maybe it’s just me but after his poor early season form he’s been largely solid since around Christmas at least hasn’t he?

I’ve certainly not noticed huge errors like he was making earlier in the campaign.

As others have said we’ve got enough problems before we worry about Shaw and Telles. Both could be improved upon but when you look at what City got out of Zinchenko for years a good coach can make those two work.

roseguy64

Right now it's too late. Most players who are free or in the last year of their contract have already negotiated or are about to close deals.
United are without a coach and it is not known who he will be.

This indecision will cost another lost year.
You're being far too optimistic with your outlook on players about to close deals. No agent worth their salt would have anything agreed right now. The best possible deal for their client would come at the end of the season.

Right now they're just fielding offers/letting clubs know their player might be interested and what the demands are.

James Peril

Yeah, this Lewandowski-nonsense is never going to happen. First of all, the ones making decisions are acutely aware about his age and the fact that he plays in a weak, less physical league. Secondly, we see what is going on with Ronaldo, a player who was superior to Lewandowski in every possible way for 15 years. The Premier League is a different animal, even a young player like Sancho is struggling enormously to make an impact and cope with the requirements. Lewandowski doesn’t have time to adjust before he’s too old.

Dolf

Akanji for 30 mill euros and Tielemans for 40-50 mill euros wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

jeepers

Akanji for 30 mill euros and Tielemans for 40-50 mill euros wouldn't be a bad deal at all.
Akanji is a mediocre CB, we have plenty of those, I see no point of him to be sincere.
What Kostov said, and especially not when we need to use that money on a proper holding midfielder. Unsure if Tielemans can make the step up, to be honest. But if Pogba goes, I wouldn’t say no to tielemans. But a holding midfielder has to be priority above all other positions in the summer.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You're being far too optimistic with your outlook on players about to close deals. No agent worth their salt would have anything agreed right now. The best possible deal for their client would come at the end of the season.

Right now they're just fielding offers/letting clubs know their player might be interested and what the demands are.
The agents work for the players, and if they got an offer from a club they like and the economic offer is good then they will accept it.
Obviously there will be players who will wait until the end of the season but the options are greatly reduced.

You have the cases of Zakaria who signed for Juventus 6 months after the end of the contract.
Sule with Dortmund and it seems that Christensen with Barcelona. And there will be more cases being announced little by little.

Dolf

What Kostov said, and especially not when we need to use that money on a proper holding midfielder. Unsure if Tielemans can make the step up, to be honest. But if Pogba goes, I wouldn’t say no to tielemans. But a holding midfielder has to be priority above all other positions in the summer.
He might not be better than what we currently have but he has a different playing style.
If we are serious about Ten Hag then we simply can’t keep playing Maguire. He’s not suited to the type of football EtH wants to play.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

What this means:

This means that, at this time, Christensen and Rüdiger will definitely be free agents, whilst Azpilicueta will become one if his extra year isn't triggered (which is very unlikely).

Santos J

What this means:

This means that, at this time, Christensen and Rüdiger will definitely be free agents, whilst Azpilicueta will become one if his extra year isn't triggered (which is very unlikely).
I know the sanctions can be extended but at this time they expire May 31st don't they? So they'd still be under contract if sanctions ended then.

Crick

Pies are still available though so it's all fine

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juventus: possible contact by the end of the month on the Renato Sanches front, which is one of the tracks that the bianconeri are evaluating to reinforce the midfield.

The reasoning focuses on who - in terms of design - will have to play in front of the defense. Therefore, ongoing reflections on the game system, Locatelli in the mezzala role, etc.
At the moment they are drawing up a profile of someone who can play in front of the defence and who combines physicality with quality. I would add that we'll have to see what happens on the Arthur/Rabiot front.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: SRF

Fabian Schär on Newcastle and his future:
Everyone at the club knows how comfortable I feel in this team and under this coach. I can well imagine staying at Newcastle beyond the summer. It wasn’t always like that; things weren’t always very happy for me under the old owner. The next few weeks will show how things will go for me. Newcastle are certainly my priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.