Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

jesperjaap

I was a huge fan of Camavings so followed Rennes games as much as possible. This guy was the replacement for him, think he was only 17 but was coming off the bench a lot and playing towards the end of Camvingas time at Rennes. Absolutely uge for someone so young, looked a big talent the few games I watched, but not followed them so much since Camavinga left and the exciting Doku and Sulemana always seemed to be injured, so not sure how he has progressed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
60 pro games dont mean much when more than half of them were late game subs, he probably has the same amount of minutes as Lavia but hasnt proved himself a starter. I dont know much about Lavia since I dont watch a lot of Southampton so I can't compare the 2 players but even Rennes fans are happy to take the money and run. But Montpellier fans are pissed since you're offering the same amount of money for an unproven DM as you did for their starting 9 :D
Yeah 60 games is very raw. I was only comparing him to Lavia to say he has even less experience than this guy but he’s valued double. I presume it’s because his 34 games have come in the PL, som more hype generated.

Maybe my brain has been conditioned by PL prices but but £23M doesn’t seem like a lot for what I supposed to be a very talented kid with huge potential.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Yeah 60 games is very raw. I was only comparing him to Lavia to say he has even less experience than this guy but he’s valued double. I presume it’s because his 34 games have come in the PL, som more hype generated.

Maybe my brain has been conditioned by PL prices but but £23M doesn’t seem like a lot for what I supposed to be a very talented kid with huge potential.
Yea the PL has skewed the perception on transfer prices, but in french Ligue 1 it's a lot of money. A lot of fans are shocked at the amounts spent by Strasbourg but they spent like 50M total for 3 players. Unless you deal with one of the big clubs (PSG/OL/OM/ASM), anything over 20M is pretty rare unless it's a generational talent. My own team record transfer fee is still €8M and we're a middle table club and former big club.

Dannn411

Remember the uproar on here when we didn’t sign him, another caf classic :lol:
Still feel he would have been a great signing for us and might have saved us the additional outlay on Malacia. His trajectory was affected by having to play under negative managers at Spurs. He would have been great under a Ten Hag or even Solskjaer.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What a waste of ressources this would be... Plus Turner has been doing alright in his limited minutes.
Meanwhile Saka is getting ready to play 90 minutes of every 60 games with no cover in sight :boring:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
What a waste of ressources this would be... Plus Turner has been doing alright in his limited minutes.
Meanwhile Saka is getting ready to play 90 minutes of every 60 games with no cover in sight :boring:
We are in discussions with Arsenal for Turner so it could be we’re looking elsewhere for a GK

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
We are in discussions with Arsenal for Turner so it could be we’re looking elsewhere for a GK
If the talk is about getting the starting role then that would be understandable from Turner's pov but if it's to be Henderson's cover then that would be a bit dumb, no offence.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
Tough blow to the best keeper in the league (according to Arsenal fans)
Whoever said he's the best GK in the league is simply wrong. Aaron Ramsdale is essentially our Joe Hart - an English, popular (in the dressing room and with fans) and charismatic keeper who nonetheless will one day have to be upgraded upon if we want to truly compete at the elite level.

His profile and personality mean he's popular and the move to upgrade on him will be controversial but I absolutely think it'll be necessary sooner or later and it might as well be sooner.

Raya is a significant enough upgrade to be worth it, IMO. He's at least a solid step closer to the elite quality we need in the position.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t know what this means for Chalobah. Or do they think Fofana is done at the club? We know Silva is only here for an extra season so maybe they’re preparing for his departure ahead of time?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Juventus are one of the teams most insistent on signing Franck Kessié.

Sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli is trying to convince the Ivorian to return to Italy and believes he has a real chance.

Kessié's priority is the Premier [League], but it depends on the offers he receives.

There are still no concrete proposals from [Saudi] Arabia.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
If the talk is about getting the starting role then that would be understandable from Turner's pov but if it's to be Henderson's cover then that would be a bit dumb, no offence.
From our point of view, the Henderson deal is looking unlikely to happen. Turner is the alternative.