Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

Lee565

I kinda respect him, it could have been easy for him to just take liverpool offer and had he done he would have been making them easily a top 4 side but joining Chelsea does not guarantee ucl football still and if they are going to be able agree a fee and end up staying at brighton

justsomebloke

feck me, that is crazy money.
Looks like the market has established this is the cost of starting central defensive midfielder for a top team now. Rice, Caicedo, Paqueta, all with pretty much the same price tag. And Enzo Fernandez, who's not exactly a defensive midfielder but he plays in a withdrawn midfield position. Obviously top teams are now heavily prioritising having top quality in that position, which is interesting.

West Ham will then sell TWO central midfielders in the same window, each for a sum greater than the previous British transfer record. And that wasn't even that great a midfield. I mean they're very good players obviously, but was anyone talking about West Ham's amazing, dominant midfield last season? While they were trying desperately to pull out of the relegation zone?

Last edited: