Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Yes I agree and this is why I’m baffled when expectations and anger here becomes so high.

We are still sorting our structure out and it was never going to be ready for this window. We haven’t replaced the chief scout or head of global recruitment yet and I suspect we are overhauling everything behind the scenes. This was evident with all the high profile departures that were announced prior to the appointment of Ten Hag.

Klopp was in a better, more stable, environment than Ten Hag and still took that amount of time to see progress. All of our changes, including the manager and coaches, are happening now. Unfortunately football won’t go on pause for us though so we still have to get through this window sensibly whilst doing the best we can to remain stable and progressive on the pitch.
Sorting our structure out != being in total chaos if we fail to reach an agreement with our primary candidate.

You could've hired any random Caf poster to make a summer plan for the club with contingencies for anticipated problems and they'd have come up with something better in two hours than whatever the feck it is we're doing now.

It's the same story as Ole being given a new contract without proving anything (still not public how much we had to pay to get rid of him as a result), and not having a manager replacement lined up after the Pool 4-0 because "we were showing Ole respect by not talking to other candidates" and getting an interim to an interim and not announcing Ralf before the international break to let him work on his methods with the squad.

The evidence is there to see, the organization is just dysfunctional and simply cannot plan longterm. I assume everyone runs around doing busywork so they have absolutely no time to plan but it's not the sign of a healthy organization at all.

Last edited:

RedMilo

Sorting our structure out != being in total chaos if we fail to reach an agreement with our primary candidate.

You could've hired any random Caf poster to make a summer plan for the club with contingencies for anticipated problems and they'd have come up with something better in two hours than whatever the feck it is we're doing now.

Even now I'm not really sure they're thinking anything through beyond short term panic.
100% This. Anyone sticking up for the club at this point, either has alternative agenda's i.e. their family members of people who work at Utd so it's personal, or they don't understand the situation. It's like having a billion pound successful company, allowing two key people to leave at the same time without a succession plan, and then nearly 10 years later, they still don't know what to do - oh wait.. that happened. It's farcical - no more excuses sorry..

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

It's the same story as Ole being given a new contract without proving anything (still not public how much we had to pay to get rid of him as a result), and not having a manager replacement lined up after the Pool 4-0 because "we were showing Ole respect by not talking to other candidates" and getting an interim to an interim and not announcing Ralf before the international break to let him work on his methods with the squad.

The evidence is there to see, the organization is just dysfunctional and simply cannot plan longterm. I assume everyone runs around doing busywork so they have absolutely no time to plan but it's not the sign of a healthy organization at all.
Some posters would have you believe that things are still being sorted out structurally when the club are bidding millions and willing to commit millions over a long term contract - this wouldn't happen if they were "still working on the structure".

It also doesn't take 6+ months to hire people who have a clue either, the people on charge have been here long enough, Woodward was known to be leaving a year ago, like Murtough/Arnold could have laid the groundwork for the changes to be made right away.

It's just like them thinking you can only start talking to players about a move when the transfer window opens.

These "positivity no matter what" lot keep on moving the goalposts with regards to the hierarchy.

Giggsy13

Underwhelming.

Don't know where to ask this but Januzaj is still available as free agent after released by Real Sociedad, right? Can we go for him instead and play Sancho on the left, if we're so desperate.
What are you on about, Januzaj is underwhelming. Gakpo is an exciting young attacker with tons of potential.

Footyislife

What crazy wages? Bailly earns 80k/week with champions & 60k/week without (if the 25% pay cut clause is true)

Apokalips

What are you on about, Januzaj is underwhelming. Gakpo is an exciting young attacker with tons of potential.
I really don't understand some of our fans...will criticise every move we make but then make weird suggestions like Januzaj!

TheReligion

Abusive
Some posters would have you believe that things are still being sorted out structurally when the club are bidding millions and willing to commit millions over a long term contract - this wouldn't happen if they were "still working on the structure".

It also doesn't take 6+ months to hire people who have a clue either, the people on charge have been here long enough, Woodward was known to be leaving a year ago, like Murtough/Arnold could have laid the groundwork for the changes to be made right away.

It's just like them thinking you can only start talking to players about a move when the transfer window opens.

These "positivity no matter what" lot keep on moving the goalposts with regards to the hierarchy.
I prefer to read up on things and listen to knowledgeable posters like @Adnan in terms of where we are up to though.

You clearly don’t have a clue. Sorry.

Giggsy13

I really don't understand some of our fans...will criticise every move we make but then make weird suggestions like Januzaj!
I don't understand either. Januzaj is shite, he's not even top half PL quality, debatable bottom half.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Mad how we're battling Leipzig and Monaco for signings and coming short

This club is so unattractive for players.
TBF I doubt this is true, Falk only had passing insider knowledge of Bayern and thats about it.
macheda14 is right. Falk knows nothing about this; he's just relaying info from other BILD journalists, who aren't necessarily reliable.

sparx99

Well the word was if Monaco won last night Rabiot would have chose them
Ah I see. I missed that one. I’m guessing because of CL football.

If we could actually sell a project to teams there really isn’t a reason we couldn’t lure players here. City and PSG both built from lower ebbs than we are at.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is Falk not banned? He’s been proven to be a bullshitter god knows how many times now.
He's still good with news about Bayern Munich, which is why he isn't banned. I'm still surprised that people would post his Tweets about non-Bayern news, though.

ti vu

Opinion matter. I don't see the exciting, and ton of potential. At the same age, he's not as exciting as Depay nor even Bergwjin, and both didn't do so hot in PL in similar opinion. Last season despite Bergwjin lack gametime at Tottenham and Gakpo having a prolific season, Bergwjin proved to be better player for Netherland. Never impressed when I saw Gakpo played even when he scores PSV.

I am not sure about potential. I meant the host of Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, City all looked for and bought forward attacker this very window. If he's this exciting, I would have expected some serious competition, and he shouldn't be in this leftover category of this window. And IMO, when shopping for leftover, we may as well consider stop gap like Januzaj just to get by until next window, lest paying 30mil odd on a player that likely not enough.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's still good with news about Bayern Munich, which is why he isn't banned. I'm still surprised that people would post his Tweets about non-Bayern news, though.
Not even that.
He insisted Bayern weren't even interested in Mané, let alone sign him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Not even that.
He insisted Bayern weren't even interested in Mané, let alone sign him.
That's right, he was off the mark at the beginning. That plus the Xabi Alonso thing is why I don't consider him to be up there with Altschäffl, Hau, etc., but he's not terribly unreliable with Bayern news, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.