Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
This is the 50th player for the last two weeks that we are considering or preparing a bid for. Open the champagne!

Green Yellow Red

Man Utd’s recruitment incompetence since Fergie has been surgical in its precision in terms of targeting, signing, and extending the contracts of the wrong players. They’ve barely ever done the right thing by mistake, which given the volume of players is pretty incredible.

GreatDane

Reminder: he's just a name on the shortlist. Just because someone's shortlisted doesn't mean that we'll make a move for them in the next couple of weeks.
That's the guy we could have bought for peanuts a year or two ago right?

Johan77

How many are we considering now? How many have have we thought about considering?
It's laughable really....

sparx99

Man Utd’s recruitment incompetence since Fergie has been surgical in its precision in terms of targeting, signing, and extending the contracts of the wrong players. They’ve barely ever done the right thing by mistake, which given the volume of players is pretty incredible.
Even more impressive is that very few have recovered their careers afterwards. It took Moyes years, Mourinho struggled at Spurs and is doing ok at Roma.

But of the players who has gone onto a successful career? Blind has done wel back at Ajax. Memphis did reasonably well in France but Barca only signed him because he was free, even Di Maria hasn’t reached the same heights pre-United. We’ve become a graveyard of players careers either with us or after.

p.s Wilf Zaha is maybe the best example of a successful career after.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In fairness, there was a very weird part ownership issue with him that put a lot of clubs off, hence why he ended up at Brighton.

Hindsight is making it look very much like the wrong decision, as he took almost no time at all to break into their first team.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair, with our recent development of players it was probably best he didnt join us then.

Though you could argue whether its best for him to even join us now.

GreatDane

Yes but he was shite then. Now that's he's value has risen exponentially he's great. See how that works?
I don't remember him being shit, I remember him being unproven. But thank you for the great explanation.

GreatDane

In fairness, there was a very weird part ownership issue with him that put a lot of clubs off, hence why he ended up at Brighton.

Hindsight is making it look very much like the wrong decision, as he took almost no time at all to break into their first team.
The weird ownership rings a bell.

To be fair, with our recent development of players it was probably best he didnt join us then.

Though you could argue whether its best for him to even join us now.
True.

Robertd0803

Im almost looking forward to the transfer window closing in the (probably futile) hope that it will spark us in to action and we go a bit mad and get our act together finally.

Foolish optimism or just foolishness, one or the other.

PoTMS

So we still haven't signed someone else after a pathetic start to the season where we sit rock bottom? This club is taking the piss.

OmarUnited4ever

Even more impressive is that very few have recovered their careers afterwards. It took Moyes years, Mourinho struggled at Spurs and is doing ok at Roma.

But of the players who has gone onto a successful career? Blind has done wel back at Ajax. Memphis did reasonably well in France but Barca only signed him because he was free, even Di Maria hasn’t reached the same heights pre-United. We’ve become a graveyard of players careers either with us or after.

p.s Wilf Zaha is maybe the best example of a successful career after.
Lukaku found some success at Inter (won the league and iirc was top scorer in Italy) but failed miserably at Chelsea after a 100m move.

PoTMS

We rush out and sign someone - PANIC BUY - Pathetic club.

We don't buy someone - This club is taking the piss!

Rule of life: You cannot win.
:lol: Mate, you were the one advocating for patience at the back end of June when we hadn't signed anyone yet. Then you carried on throughout July and August with no significant strengthening to the first team. Now you're taking about panic buying. You couldn't make it up. It was painfully obvious this was going to happen.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A bit more info on the Rabiot deal stalling:

Summary:

The wage demands are too high from Rabiot, who's unconvinced about joining a team that isn't in the Champions League. As a result, this is also stalling Juve's ability to acquire Leandro Paredes. The only way Paredes can join Juve is if PSG is open to a loan deal.

Rabiot becomes another player who doesn't want to join United because we aren't in the CL.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: Mate, you were the one advocating for patience at the back end of June when we hadn't signed anyone yet. Then you carried on throughout July and August with no significant strengthening to the first team. Now you're taking about panic buying. You couldn't make it up. It was painfully obvious this was going to happen.
Well to be fair, I was hoping the FDJ deal was gonna happen before now. Infact I was convinced it was gonna happen and our transfer business would have been concluded by now.

If/when FDJ happens it'll be a great addition, but in hindsight, I think we waited far too long before approaching other targets.

The FDJ deal is a special situation (deferred wages) but I'd have liked more players in by now.

I was just highlighting how us NOT signing anyone these past two weeks was a sign of the club being incompetent, but also if the club were to make panic signings the club is also incompetent.

I'd be alarmed if EtH doesn't get the signings he requires over the line before the close of the window. The next 2-3 weeks is going to be interesting and we're going to have a very busy deadline day yet again I suspect.

Smores

We rush out and sign someone - PANIC BUY - Pathetic club.

We don't buy someone - This club is taking the piss!

Rule of life: You cannot win.
Rule of life UnitedSofa making up scenario posts :lol:

Wonder if you can come up with a third acceptable scenario.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Rule of life UnitedSofa making up scenario posts :lol:

Wonder if you can come up with a third acceptable scenario.
It literally has happened all over the CAF, people were slating United for panic buying and now they're getting slated for not buying anyone.

BlueHaze

A schimpanzee have better ability of negotiating than the useless dross we have at the club. They are the type of people who get offered a pair of jeans for 30 quid but end up paying 50. And because of this, with 2 weeks left of the window these morons are still out there contacting clubs 24/7 and making enquiries about 50 different players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
A schimpanzee have better ability of negotiating than the useless dross we have at the club. They are the type of people who get offered a pair of jeans for 30 quid but end up paying 50. And because of this, with 2 weeks left of the window these morons are still out there contacting clubs 24/7 and making enquiries about 50 different players.
I think you'll find players agents are offering them to us, rather than the other way round.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As UnitedSofa stated, it's the opposite; after the Arnautovic approach by United, many agents have started to reach out to United akin to how they'd reach out to Woodward for various deals. United have kept a few of those options open, but that doesn't mean that they'd entertain them. So far, United have only worked on Rabiot. United haven't done any work on the other players and have only gone as far as expressing their interest in SMS, Morata, Gakpo, Cunha, and Casemiro. That doesn't mean that they've commenced talks with those players' clubs or started discussing terms with their agents.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Im almost looking forward to the transfer window closing in the (probably futile) hope that it will spark us in to action and we go a bit mad and get our act together finally.

Foolish optimism or just foolishness, one or the other.
Nah mate I believe the ending of the window will spark us into action too.
Remember the window where Arsenal signed like 6 players (Bennayoun, Arteta etc) on deadline day? Thats what I expect from United this time. Good players won't be sold towards the end of the window and we'll sign more mediocrity on high wages. Would love to be proved wrong but I wouldn't count on that based on past experience.

Von Mistelroum

Wake me up when we manage to get past 'considering' and move on to 'preparing a bid' those few weeks are always more entertaining.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Maybe it's time to just pull the trigger on Neves & Tielemans - both could be attained for a combined cost of around the £60m mark and would literally take our midfield up a few tiers overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.