Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

It literally has happened all over the CAF, people were slating United for panic buying and now they're getting slated for not buying anyone.
Yeah because they want wise signings not a scramble for whatever's available. You're present two extremes as the only choices to pretend no one is ever happy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
This has been a shambles of a transfer window. Up there with Moyes and signing fellaini.

I'd be highly surprised if we sign anyone else now.

GwilDor

Might as well put in offers for Mbappe and Messi and 1986 Maradona while we're at it.
Might be a case of Schweinsteiger-light. RM had Camavinga in for long enough and decided he’s ready. Has Tchouaméni in and has evaluated him through summer. Modric resigned. Valverde, Ceballos, Asensio backups. So decide they no longer need Casemiro?

Now, who can we fool into taking over our tipping over the top player Casemiro…?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I don’t see how not giving an average player like Rabiot an absolute fortune can be seen as a negative.
Because we are in this situation to begin with where we are even offering players like Rabiot thats why. As it happens he would be a marginal upgrade on McT but not where we need to be or should be at.

Alemar

I wonder who may we theoretically want off them beside Casemiro?

2E_MUFC

So we’ve gone from signing the right players. To anyone who fancies it… we don’t have the money it’s quite clear.

avgp_1

I wonder who may we theoretically want off them beside Casemiro?
We could have got Jovic if we had tried sooner, who else do they have?? Ceballos, Diaz or Asensio are maybe who we can look at

Ollie Derbyshire

I know we cant and shouldn’t believe all the media crap about our transfers but good god, this window is a car crash with the FDJ saga. Can we not manage the media better? Put some denials out against the 100’s of players we’re linked too.

Ollie Derbyshire

It'd be a full-time job mate!
Well I’m sure we can find room in the wage bill for it, start by picking on a few journalists who are making stuff up, make them look stupid, others will then maybe think twice.

75% of these transfer tweets must be rubbish, unless I’m being to naive about our great club haha

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know we cant and shouldn’t believe all the media crap about our transfers but good god, this window is a car crash with the FDJ saga. Can we not manage the media better? Put some denials out against the 100’s of players we’re linked too.
People just need to chill a bit when it comes to players we're linked with. Obviously the window so far hasn't gone as well as we fans would like but it doesn't mean every rumour is true, or that every player we were linked to and didn't sign is a rejection or an embarrassment for the club.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Casemiro agents are obviously telling us there’s a deal to be had here, but it could so easily be a contract ploy. A real club would figure this out instantly which one it is. We’ll take a week either way.

Tiber

We have moved past desperation and are now just flailing around blindly

Clearly going to end up overpaying for Rabiot on deadline day

Ollie Derbyshire

People just need to chill a bit when it comes to players we're linked with. Obviously the window so far hasn't gone as well as we fans would like but it doesn't mean every rumour is true, or that every player we were linked to and didn't sign is a rejection or an embarrassment for the club.
I agree, but we don’t help ourselves either with prolonged transfer sagas. Also even if mostly untrue, in today’s world these tweets do make us look like a totally unprofessionally run club.

We need to get the next couple of windows sorted fast and be clear about it, who we want and when our business is done.

BuzzKillington

Well I’m sure we can find room in the wage bill for it, start by picking on a few journalists who are making stuff up, make them look stupid, others will then maybe think twice.

75% of these transfer tweets must be rubbish, unless I’m being to naive about our great club haha
I’d do that too. I reckon there’s a good chance Casemiro is using us for a new contract. Come out and squash it, stop players from doing that. It builds the general narrative that we’re not a desirable destination when we have players making up transfers to get a new contract then turn us down.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's hope so.

The alarm bells were there with the club/manager reminding us that we finished second a few seasons ago earlier in the summer, but i never imagined it would descend to this level of ridiculousness :(
Won't happen overnight but this is the beginning of the end. Players don't want to join us anymore. Sponsors want out. People are now seeing them for what they are. They will be inviting bids for the club within the year I reckon as it's going to fall apart before their very eyes.

Irrational.

It's clear no one has a fecking clue who we are and aren't in for any more :lol:

Dest, Caicedo, Casemiro, other unnamed Real players... all in the past 24 hours.

At least it'll be fun watching us go back to our scattergun approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.