Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

De Gea on his contract talks:
Yeah, I'm very relaxed. Just focus on training, perform as best as I can. But, for sure, it's going to end in a good way.
On whether he can end his career at United:
I hope so. I was saying this is my club, I've been here many, many years and it's a huge honour to be here and I'm so happy here.

Dannn411

As long as the "good way" means a significantly reduced salary (at least 60% reduction on his current salary) and a willingness to accept the possibility of becoming a back-up if sustained poor performance happens again in the future. Then i'm happy.

lysglimt

Scout
As long as the "good way" means a significantly reduced salary (at least 60% reduction on his current salary) and a willingness to accept the possibility of becoming a back-up if sustained poor performance happens again in the future. Then i'm happy.
60% salary reduction - get real. DDG is one of our best players and deserve to be well paid.

McTerminator

60% salary reduction - get real. DDG is one of our best players and deserve to be well paid.
a 60% reduction in his reported salary puts him on £140k per week. For a goalkeeper that is very well paid…

EDIT: Something in the region of £150k per week keeps him the most highly paid keeper in the league still. We need to get real with the salary problems Woodward left us with.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Manchester United are ready to offer €4m for the simple loan of João Félix.

The 'rojiblancos' are asking for 12/13M€.

Atlético remain calm and in no way rule out João's continuation.
Summarised translation:

Atletico Madrid are looking at Borja Iglesias of Real Betis to replace João Félix.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There's a chance! Tier 2:
[EXCLUSIVE] Enzo Fernandez's Chelsea deal collapses: Benfica have given up on selling him outside the clause after several days of negotiation.
  • The Portuguese club has already told the English [club] that, for now, he will only leave by paying the €120m clause in one payment.
  • Unless there is a complete turnaround, Enzo Fernandez will stay at Benfica. Rui Costa has shown a willingness to negotiate for several days but his position, after some manoeuvres by Chelsea, is clear: he will stay unless a club pays the release clause.
Translated summary:

Thanks to @Rolaholic for originally posting this in the Enzo Fernández thread.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

lysglimt

Scout
a 60% reduction in his reported salary puts him on £140k per week. For a goalkeeper that is very well paid…

EDIT: Something in the region of £150k per week keeps him the most highly paid keeper in the league still. We need to get real with the salary problems Woodward left us with.
First of all £150k does not make him the highest paid keeper. Ederson is reported to be at £180-200k - and Allison Becker is reported to be at £160-180k - and I agree that we have paid some of our players too much, but there is no person in the world who would happily accept a 60% salary reduction. And as DDG still is among our best performers he deserves to be well paid. So a 20-25% reduction would be ok in my opinion, anything more than that is wrong

GwilDor

I remember being excited by him in the WC, but i gotta admit i thought he was younger, and viewed him more as potential than as the finished package. Haven’t seen him outside the WC though, so don’t base that on much really…

ATXRedDevil

It’s a fair position given his age and our ability to replace him for much much cheaper. We had no bargaining power when he signed his last contract. Kepa, the next highest paid GK in the league, is on 40% of de gea’s salary (60% less). I’ve always thought reducing his salary by 50% should be the goal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Not only is Kolo Muani not interested in leaving Frankfurt soon, he's also going to be quite expensive if he continues to perform well.

ATXRedDevil

First of all £150k does not make him the highest paid keeper. Ederson is reported to be at £180-200k - and Allison Becker is reported to be at £160-180k - and I agree that we have paid some of our players too much, but there is no person in the world who would happily accept a 60% salary reduction. And as DDG still is among our best performers he deserves to be well paid. So a 20-25% reduction would be ok in my opinion, anything more than that is wrong
What if no other teams will pay him more than 40% of his current salary? 60% reduction to stay at his long time club sounds pretty good then? We have all the bargaining power here. No one will pay close to his current wages and we’re prepared to move on if he doesn’t play ball.

croadyman

From Ben Jacobs' Substack article for CaughtOffside (Tier 2):
Caught offside is garbage source,damn it why can't this be Whitwell/Stone/Ducker. Also suggests we would wait until he becomes free agent in the summer which sucks

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Tier 2:

Not only is Kolo Muani not interested in leaving Frankfurt soon, he's also going to be quite expensive if he continues to perform well.
That's all a matter of course, except I wonder where Mr Plettenberg gets the notion from that it is "almost certain" the Eintracht will play internationally next season..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's all a matter of course, except I wonder where Mr Plettenberg gets the notion from that it is "almost certain" the Eintracht will play internationally next season..
He might be referring to Frankfurt having to qualify for the Champions League. It's a weird translation, but that's what I get out of this.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He might be referring to Frankfurt having to qualify for the Champions League. It's a weird translation, but that's what I get out of this.
Yeah that would make more sense. Maybe he mistakenly wrote "what" instead of "that"

Gasolin

I liked the idea of Muani but if he keeps the nonsense of wanting to stay at Frankfurt then go to Bayern etc we should just move on. We don't have time for this kind of guy. Let's just go for Thuram for now and think about the summer afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.