Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Apparently, Manchester United are in talks with Asensio's camp.
Can I ask why we are allowed tweets like this when I got a warning for posting an aggregator without the source article link? Even though it had the source of the information in the tweet?

There’s no source article for this either and it’s from a lesser known journo & a tennis journo at that?

I can understand my warning for the other one but the aggregator one doesn’t make any sense to me when they were allowed before.

These haven’t been taken down either, not calling anyone our or want to get anyone in trouble but, just confused as to why some are allowed and some aren’t and these are from aggregators;

How reliable is Lynch?

Redo91

Apparently Athletic are reporting on this, seen it on Goal and Sporf. Trying to hunt down the Athletic article.....

Edit: can't find it, feel free to delete or ask me to delete in keeping with the rules.
I definitely saw it on the Athletic. I think Laurie Whitwell mentioned it in his mailbag.

Jericholyte2

Apparently Athletic are reporting on this, seen it on Goal and Sporf. Trying to hunt down the Athletic article.....

Edit: can't find it, feel free to delete or ask me to delete in keeping with the rules.
I imagine hoping for a top 4 finish then being in the mix in summer ‘23?

PoTMS

It was a throwaway line referring to next season. Nothing to see here.

GL21

Oh lord let this Jude Bellingham story be true...and furthermore lord, please cloud his judgement so he sees fit to join us this year...amen

croadyman

Oh lord let this Jude Bellingham story be true...and furthermore lord, please cloud his judgement so he sees fit to join us this year...amen
Won't move anywhere until next summer, see the Dortmund pattern emerging

2021 Jadon leaves
2022 Haaland leaves
2023 Bellingham leaves?

GL21

Understandably and I'd take a 2023 transfer in a heartbeat

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
are we not being linked to any actual DMs?
I am not really knowledgeable when it comes to your squad, but after FDJ a CB and a striker are certainly more important than a DM?

OmarUnited4ever

Who do you think you are chief? Don't quote my posts, got problem with something I've posted, report it. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

You deleted it or it was deleted for you..

All good now..

Don't do it again.

Superden

I am not really knowledgeable when it comes to your squad, but after FDJ a CB and a striker are certainly more important than a DM?
We NEED a DM more than any other position. been the case ever since Carrick retired. FDJ without a proper DM next to him will be half as effective and our defence will still be given the run around.

Keyser

Spooky. I edited to say exactly that :)

Or maybe we are actually pursuing two options and will take the one that gets done at the best price/timescale.
Would he complement FDJ?

Neves and FDJ in a Pivot with Bruno up top

Fred, McTom, Garner and DvB all rotation

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Would he complement FDJ?

Neves and FDJ in a Pivot with Bruno up top

Fred, McTom, Garner and DvB all rotation
He's terrible defensively, and likes to dictate the game himself so I'd say he's an alternative rather than someone to pair him with.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Can I ask why we are allowed tweets like this when I got a warning for posting an aggregator without the source article link? Even though it had the source of the information in the tweet?

There’s no source article for this either and it’s from a lesser known journo & a tennis journo at that?

I can understand my warning for the other one but the aggregator one doesn’t make any sense to me when they were allowed before.

These haven’t been taken down either, not calling anyone our or want to get anyone in trouble but, just confused as to why some are allowed and some aren’t and these are from aggregators;
Angelo Mangiante is a journalist, not an aggregator. This would likely be info that he's sourced from his connections (whether they're good or not, we'll see). He was assigned the Roland Garros final, but he's mainly a football correspondent for Sky Sport Italy. He's worked with Di Marzio in Sky Sports for many years, too.

Various aggregators, both good and bad, have twisted and conveyed the incorrect information in the past. utdreport, in particular, has posted some obvious BS on several occasions, and even high-quality aggregators miss some nuance and context in their Tweets. That Evan N'Dicka link? That was fake news, yet it stuck around in the football world for a few days. That's why it's not enough to just point to a journalist or source, especially if they've Tweeted out the information themselves (like Sport Witness did for the Garnacho story).

In terms of why those two Tweets haven't been taken down yet, feel free to report them so that the mods can take them down. I've already done so.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

To add on to what the others have already mentioned, the info that Laurie mentioned in the mailbag isn't even new. He and other reliable journalists associated with United have reported on different occasions over the past year about our admiration for Bellingham. Nothing has changed, sadly; we're still just monitoring his situation in the hopes that he becomes attainable. Feel free to delete the Tweet if you want to.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I reckon we'll sign two players shortly after 10am BST on Monday.

Demaw

Just want to say a Manchester United only tweets thread is an extremely brilliant idea. Cheers to the one(s) who thought and came up with this and keep the tweets coming :D
Totally agree, such a good decision. Thanks mods and helpers with this.

Demaw

Won't move anywhere until next summer, see the Dortmund pattern emerging

2021 Jadon leaves
2022 Haaland leaves
2023 Bellingham leaves?
When I read that, what brilliant recruiting from Dortmund. It could be 300 million in sales!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.