Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Antony and a loan move for Newcastle's backup keeper seems a bit of an underwhelming end to the big transfer push

So underwhelming only adding another 90 million pounds player

lysglimt

Scout
So underwhelming only adding another 90 million pounds player
Yes - only ending up with Malacia, Martinez, Eriksen, Casemiro, Antony and a new back-up goalkeeper - worst transfer window ever.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This was one of the worst days of the window. Literally nothing happening.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Mendes wants to set up a deal with Napoli for Ronaldo that'll also involve them selling Osimhen [implied destination: Manchester United] for a big fee.
    • No negotiations as of yet; Mendes wants to understand Napoli's intentions with Osimhen
    • Otherwise, Napoli aren't particularly keen on Ronaldo at this time.
  • Bayern Munich is definitely interested in Osimhen but aren't necessarily pursuing him at this time (from the article: "just a suggestion").
  • Other clubs that Mendes contacted:
    • Chelsea
    • Sporting CP
    • Marseille
    • AC Milan (in case Rafael Leão leaves)
      • Mendes is suggesting Leão as Ronaldo's replacement at United.

Tier 2:

EDIT: Di Marzio article summary

Last edited:

NoPace

Tier 1:
  • Mendes wants to set up a deal with Napoli for Ronaldo that'll also involve them selling Osimhen [implied destination: Manchester United] for a big fee.
    • No negotiations as of yet; Mendes wants to understand Napoli's intentions with Osimhen
    • Otherwise, Napoli aren't particularly keen on Ronaldo at this time.
  • Bayern Munich is definitely interested in Osimhen but aren't necessarily pursuing him at this time (from the article: "just a suggestion").
  • Other clubs that Mendes contacted:
    • Chelsea
    • Sporting CP
    • Marseille
    • AC Milan (in case Rafael Leão leaves)
      • Mendes is suggesting Leão as Ronaldo's replacement at United.

Tier 2:

EDIT: Di Marzio article summary
Surely the Milan deal here is just something smaller like a double loan of Giroud for Cristiano and they add some money and he takes a big paycut.

captaincantona

Signal that we will be bringing more players in if so
Definitely but if we are bringing in a RB, seemingly a deal for a GK is on the table…it makes it entirely unfathomable that we would get and attacker and a midfielder which arguable are our two biggest gaps at the moment.

2E_MUFC

If Ronaldo leaves we will need a striker. If AWB leaves we will need a right back. Seems like Dubravka will come in on loan. I think Antony will happen. Another Centre mid should come in but I can’t see it. Leaves a lot of business left to do with not a lot of time. Then you have to consider how slow we seem to be.

Snafu17

Can't imagine where we will find a suitable right back in 6 days. It's all a bit tight.

Erik the Red

Can't imagine where we will find a suitable right back in 6 days. It's all a bit tight.
You'd like to think they have had a bit of forward planning and have something lined up. They let Laird go, so we assumed that meant AWB would stay. Maybe the Gusto or Dumfries rumours have some substance, hopefully not Muenier or Dest. Or perhaps we are waiting for January post the WC to go back in for Timber. Can you imagine the reaction at Ajax if we ask for another of their players... £200m valuation, rising by £5m a day until the end of the January window!!!

Redfrog

None of them played in the Eredivise, where guys like Memphis and Bergwijn are tearing teams apart. Still pleasantly surprised how his stats stack up here, mind
To be honest, we can’t never know how it will end for Eredivise players. You have a lot of flops but some hits too. What I am more confident about is that his former manager who wants him. So he knows how to use him and probably think he will become better as well as he is young.

December_16

I’d rather keep AWB to fill up the squad this year. Someone has to play Europa League, Carabao Cup, etc. Dalot won’t play every game.

Erik the Red

I’d rather keep AWB to fill up the squad this year. Someone has to play Europa League, Carabao Cup, etc. Dalot won’t play every game.
I'm assuming we must have someone lined up to cover right back if AWB leaves, but who in the current squad would you say is Dalot's no.2 if we don't manage to bring anyone in?

December_16

I'm assuming we must have someone lined up to cover right back if AWB leaves, but who in the current squad would you say is Dalot's no.2 if we don't manage to bring anyone in?
No one, that’s the problem. Laird is out on loan. So we’ll have to play someone out of position, like Jones or Lindelof.

Marwood

I ask again - is he really so good that he warrants a Pogba-level transfer fee? More than we paid for Sancho?
Why do you keep asking?

You know nobody out there has the actual answer right?

He'll have to turn up and show us what he can do before anybody knows.

userman

Think we'll se Williams as the back up if we're letting Wan Bissake leave and not signing anyone

lysglimt

Scout
Considering we dont have a single right-back as backup if we let AWB go - of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.