Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwilDor

Tier 2:

€150m for Osimhen :eek:
Is being quoted 150 for him really that surprising?
-Transfermarkt has his transfer to Napoli at €75mill, pretty big buy for Napoli.
- Still has 3(+?) years left on his contract.
- De Laurentiis notoriously hard to negotiate with.(Italian D.Levy?)
- Napoli coming off season winning Serie A, if they wanna build a team for CL, they can probably hold best performers 1 or 2 years before they need to start letting Kvaradona/Osimhen etc go to avoid serious morale problems.

I’d definately not indicate an asking price any lower if i was Napoli. Maybe they’ll sell at €120m, but if so they wouldn’t start off negotiations from that point.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
-Transfermarkt has his transfer to Napoli at €75mill, pretty big buy for Napoli.
- Napoli coming off season winning Serie A, if they wanna build a team for CL, they can probably hold best performers 1 or 2 years before they need to start letting Kvaradona/Osimhen etc go to avoid serious morale problems.

I’d definately not indicate an asking price any lower if i was Napoli. Maybe they’ll sell at €120m, but if so they wouldn’t start off negotiations from that point.
Aswell, If Napoli win the league do they even want to sell him? Surely they’d want to maintain momentum and keep hold of him for another year?

-Supreme-

Aswell, If Napoli win the league do they even want to sell him? Surely they’d want to maintain momentum and keep hold of him for another year?
His contract runs out in 2025, this summer is the optimal time to get the best price for him.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
€150m for Osimhen :eek:
Can't be that surprising surely?

Possibly the most in demand striker in the world, a host of massive clubs queueing up to bid and De Laurenitis in charge of the price?

EDIT - someone beat me to it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yeah…cause he’s CLEARLY a ‘Ten Hag’ No.9…
feck Off please
Neymar to United my a$$. Thought we checked our sources :houllier:
Please God no
It astounds me that even after a couple days that people don’t even read the forum and just react to the post instead of reading subsequent postings. Incredible.
Before people express any sort of apprehension, this is coming from Dahbia Hattabi, who's Tier 3 overall and is one of the better Foot Mercato journalists.

However, Dahbia pours some cold water over this link by reporting that Neymar would rather stay in PSG (he wants to ends his career there) and, overall, is closer to remaining in PSG than leaving the club. Also, United are just monitoring his overall situation and only went as far as getting some info about him at the start of the year.

Blood Mage

Every single player seems to have a ridiculous price tag around their neck, especially when United get linked. It's a joke.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You got all that from that one tweet?
Amazing.
It is isn't it. Soon as Real come sniffing, we'll see tweets thanking United for giving him the opportunity to develop himself further and its been a dream to play for Madrid, etc., etc., etc.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Change to come at Monaco this summer

Axel Disasi biggest sale for ASM?

Nübel will leave

Vanderson, Youssouf Fofana and Breel Embolo courted

Philippe Clement's stay at the club is expected to continue...
The article itself only briefly mentions United. Fabrice Hawkins just states that United are ready to make a move for him should he be open to leaving Monaco.

sparx99

It is isn't it. Soon as Real come sniffing, we'll see tweets thanking United for giving him the opportunity to develop himself further and its been a dream to play for Madrid, etc., etc., etc.
Lots of players join Utd and never want to leave.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd be over the moon with Gravenberch, but I suppose it depends on the price set by Bayern. He looked great at Ajax and and would add a lot to our build up play. If he's relatively cheap it means we can still splash on the ST and GK as well.

We're definitely going to have to be smart in a few positions this summer.

DarkRed

I'd be over the moon with Gravenberch, but I suppose it depends on the price set by Bayern. He looked great at Ajax and and would add a lot to our build up play. If he's relatively cheap it means we can still splash on the ST and GK as well.

We're definitely going to have to be smart in a few positions this summer.
And if they will only let him go on loan, without an option?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
No contact between Osimhen and PSG

The Nigerian player's entourage denies that he has an offer on the table from the Parisian club despite the interest he has been attracting lately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1 - Loïc Tanzi):
A number of Ligue 1 stars from OM, Lens, Nice, Monaco and Rennes will be coveted by European clubs during the summer mercato, which promises to be lively.
  • Other clubs interested in Disasi:
    • PSG
    • Bayern Munich
    • Some other PL clubs
  • Price tag: €35m - €45m without bonuses

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Alejandro Garnacho signs a new contract with Manchester United that'll take his contract until 2028

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Transfermarkt has his transfer to Napoli at €75mill, pretty big buy for Napoli.
Depends how you ‘account’ for it. Often quoted in the Plusvalenze investigation that part of Napoli’s payment was 4 players with massively artificially inflated values.

JuriM

There is even an investigation going, Napoli seemed to have done some creative accounting while buying him, so they didn't play the 75m quoted for sure.

Onerealunited

Considering that Brightion is about to sign Joao Pedro from Watford for 30m pound I am surprized we havent been linke with him. He would definitely do well as a backup player now and could potentially improve to be starter

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Considering that Brightion is about to sign Joao Pedro from Watford for 30m pound I am surprized we havent been linke with him. He would definitely do well as a backup player now and could potentially improve to be starter
These are the type of signing United can’t afford to make when we don’t even have the first choice striker situation sorted yet and the expectation of what calibre of player he should be will not be good for his own development.
In a year or two we can start exploring these type of signings but timing will suck for him. Imagine us not signing a top striker and him not settling in straight away. Everyone Will be reminding us how we blew the Harry Kane opportunity, even if we had an offer rejected. It won’t matter because we are just a poorly run club.

GwilDor

Depends how you ‘account’ for it. Often quoted in the Plusvalenze investigation that part of Napoli’s payment was 4 players with massively artificially inflated values.
There is even an investigation going, Napoli seemed to have done some creative accounting while buying him, so they didn't play the 75m quoted for sure.
I was not aware of that, thanks for adding that information. Might indeed affect negotiations, especially with it being «public information».

still think he’ll be expensive, but ot might reduce the fee by 20-30 mill in a dream world.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
I was not aware of that, thanks for adding that information. Might indeed affect negotiations, especially with it being «public information».

still think he’ll be expensive, but ot might reduce the fee by 20-30 mill in a dream world.
Rife in Italian football. Though I’m not sure how it would impact a sale.

His artificial price has now been washed into the accounts and become his book value. Any profit from a sale would surely just be fee less book value, same as any sale? Even if it was somehow different I doubt they’d be inclined to take less during a bidding war.

I’m obviously no expert in these shenanigans though, so could be way off the mark!!

Zoo

United and PSG scouts were in Rome to watch Tammy Abraham on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.