Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMS

Are these the first signs that the prolonged takeover saga is going to affect our summer window? Any chance of deals being sewn up nice and early don't seem likely with the current landscape at the very least.

edcunited1878

It would do it in terms of having no suad players as well.
Telles, Bailly, Williams, Henderson, and Elanga either aren't with the current squad (Telles, Bailly, Henderson) or have had very limited minutes (Williams, Elanga). If McTominay and either AWB/Dalot were sold, United have had a lot of noise around a RB in Frimpong and CM is a priority even after getting Eriksen on a free.

With consideration for Hannibal, even Mainoo (still think he's too young), to slot into a CM position.

Woziak

Don't see how he fits into our team. Newcastle would be an interesting move for him. They likely have CL and he can fight out for a starting position there.
He fits in easily, he’s homegrown and we will lose a few of those, he can play right wing, number 10 and a number 8 he improves the squad day one, if he’s available at £40-50m and I’d take him in a heartbeat over Fred and DVB, sell the two buy Maddison, he can win you games and this is a fergie type signing so I doubt we’ll do it?

sepulturite

Are these the first signs that the prolonged takeover saga is going to affect our summer window? Any chance of deals being sewn up nice and early don't seem likely with the current landscape at the very least.
Yep I think it is, the ground work would normally be laid out for potential deals right now, and I doubt we can do that currently with the sale up in the air.

ti vu

He fits in easily, he’s homegrown and we will lose a few of those, he can play right wing, number 10 and a number 8 he improves the squad day one, if he’s available at £40-50m and I’d take him in a heartbeat over Fred and DVB, sell the two buy Maddison, he can win you games and this is a fergie type signing so I doubt we’ll do it?
A player who roam, is not the same at playing primarily at one position. He's not really a no 8 or winger, that leaves no 10.

I am all for selling deadwood, but it looks like we don't have a sugar daddy backing us in coming summer, so budgeting is not easy. Fred 30 year old and only one year contract. DvB flopped, just got a serious injury. I doubt we got even half of Maddison asking price selling them. So I don't see how we spend about 30mil just for a player in position down our priority list.

The Fergie type of signing we know was made at in position of strength: a winning team that can afford a luxury signing or two, even not signing anyone else.

It's not difficult to get homegrown squad filler. We don't have issue getting those 3rd, 4th choice homegrown goalkeepers. Budget consuming signing should however be carefully considered because our budget looks very tight.

Jev

Wouldn't be opposed to Maddison for around 50 million. With Bruno dropping deeper recently, I could see a midfield of Casemiro, Bruno and Maddison working out well. Considering what some other potential targets might cost I think it could be sensible business.

The United

I think Rabiot is better than Sabitzer in ball progression, but we've seen that Sabitzer has the right application, drive, and talent as a midfielder or central attacking midfielder when it comes to pressing, late runs, not afraid to link around the box, shoot/score, and allows for the team to be flexible.

A midfield of Casemiro, Rabiot, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Fred, and possibly Lavia. Then next summer, we'd have to look for a longer-term solution to supplant Eriksen and Rabiot. So in a few years, theoretically, it could be Lavia (CDM), the new CM, Hannibal, and the holder heads of Casemiro, Rabiot, possibly Sabitzer. Fred would be phased out by then.
Have we?!

croadyman

Wouldn't be opposed to Maddison for around 50 million. With Bruno dropping deeper recently, I could see a midfield of Casemiro, Bruno and Maddison working out well. Considering what some other potential targets might cost I think it could be sensible business.
Can he play that creative number 8 role?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
  • Real Madrid are asking for Kolo Muani.
  • Neymar is very disappointed and is thinking of leaving.
  • Jorge Mendes, yesterday in Milan.
  • Javi Guerra to stay at Valencia.
  • Arabia's latest offer to Sergio Ramos.
The key bits about Randal Kolo Muani:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Are all aggregator tweets banned from this thread now? Mine was deleted, apologies I didn’t know. Btw, there’s also one in the tweet above.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Are all aggregator tweets banned from this thread now? Mine was deleted, apologies I didn’t know. Btw, there’s also one in the tweet above.
Aggretator Tweets are fine as long as they're accompanied by the source (Tweet, link, image, etc.). In your case, however, the Tweet was referencing The Sun, which is banned outside of Neil Custis and Alan Nixon.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he's not navigating dressing room morale and being diplomatic then I don't understand. He simply does not work for playing out from the back and soaking up pressure. Would be a huge mistake.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well if this is his position, he won't last. Absolutely no justification whatsoever to extend De Gea. Zero.
Don’t extend De Gea and miss out on signing one & then we’re fecked. So extend and sign another.

Dannn411

Don’t extend De Gea and miss out on signing one & then we’re fecked. So extend and sign another.
No. Don't extend at all and work with what you have till you find the long-term number one. They 100% cannot be worse than De Gea. You say we'll be fecked if we don't extend and can't find anyone. Can we be any more fecked than we are now? Heaton was a number one in the PL for a long time and can easily do a job in the role till a long-term replacement is found. The benefit is that a severely underperforming £375k per week goalkeeper is off the books for good. That alone is a big cash injection.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The fans certainly don’t. The only way I’d be happy with him staying would be in a back up capacity on a fraction of his current wage.
What fraction though?

At half his current wage, he would still be the highest paid keeper in the league.

At one-third of current wage, he would probably still be in the top 3-5 of the highest paid keepers in the league.

DarkRed

Think we just telling everyone we want them any pulling time to the end of the season, De Gea would down tools if you tell him now you don't want him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:

Rob Dawson (Tier 2) also reported the same exact thing earlier in this article.

Both of them have reported that United's keeper shortlist includes both David Raya and Diogo Costa.

Devil81

He couldn't seriously think his position as number 1 is secure surely.

I actually wonder whether his current contract has a guaranteed number 1 clause as I can't understand how he's never been dropped.

Acquire Me

Tier 1:

Both of them have reported that United's keeper shortlist includes both David Raya and Diogo Costa.
I prefer Diogo Costa, but must say that David Rays is a very good and modern keeper. Would be happy if we got one of them in.

Dazzmondo

Tier 1:

Why would we be paying a goalkeeper £200k to be a backup? Think this is bollocks. We wouldn't be offering him a contract if ETH didn't plan for him to be first choice next season even if there is long term interest in Raya and Costa

cyberman

Why would we be paying a goalkeeper £200k to be a backup? Think this is bollocks. We wouldn't be offering him a contract if ETH didn't plan for him to be first choice next season even if there is long term interest in Raya and Costa
Wasn’t there reports of a pay as you play deal for the full amount not that long ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.