Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That had been the result of mainly Woodward and lack of progressive coaching. They tried it doing Jose's way, but club never truly backed him in his preferred way. Still won a couple trophies. Ole was the romantic choice, but having McKenna and Carrick primarily train the players, who weren't as good individually or collectively as Liverpool or City was always going to be a very tall order. Plus their managers are two of the very best.

I'm not too worried about losing Ronaldo at this juncture. There was always going to be growing pains in this transition. So be it. Let's just embrace the change and move ahead. Game stops for nobody.
I am a massive fan, and from that perspective, it’s disheartening, but you’re right. We move on.

The issue is that we have so much to do now that even getting back into the CL again could be a real struggle. Too many problem positions now.

Dr. StrangeHate

Ronaldo going is good for us. Means we have to go for a forward now. It is like the Ruud leaving and Saha stepping up situation to me without us having a Saha yet.

Dazzmondo

People on here bitch about Bailly not wanting to leave even if there's good evidence he is wanted, because he's getting a paycheck that he otherwise wouldn't get elsewhere.

Ronaldo wants to leave as long as a suitable offer is tables from a suitable club. People still bitch. One is clearly more worse than the other.

Ronaldo would fetch a larger transfer fee, free up more wages, and accelerate the transformation under EtH.
What evidence? Ronaldo obviously was going to be our most important attacker. Bailly won't play a single league game for us next season unless there's some serious injury disaster that means we have to rely on our 5th choice cb.

edcunited1878

I am a massive fan, and from that perspective, it’s disheartening, but you’re right. We move on.

The issue is that we have so much to do now that even getting back into the CL again could be a real struggle. Too many problem positions now.
United still have a route to CL...and that's why Europa League is viable, plus some UEFA coefficients (better than none and the Conference bs.). United may struggle for top 4 due to increased competition, but they can't play any worse than last year.

AndySmith1990

Would people have been happy with Cavani staying on another year if we had known Ronaldo wanted to leave earlier?
Cavani was a twat who decided to give up and go on holiday during our worst season. We need to stay away from these types of people at all costs, it's not what United is about and part of why we're in such a mess

edcunited1878

What evidence? Ronaldo obviously was going to be our most important attacker. Bailly won't play a single league game for us next season unless there's some serious injury disaster that means we have to rely on our 5th choice cb.
Fulham have been said to want Eric...in addition to Andreas Pereria.

Dazzmondo

Fulham have been said to want Eric...in addition to Andreas Pereria.
Yes which is why he should go and get his game time. Instead, reports are he's not going to leave and wants to stay picking up his pay check. I don't know what point you're trying to make. I thought you were suggesting something completely different in your initial post (suggesting he was wanted by Utd).

Marcelinho87

Would people have been happy with Cavani staying on another year if we had known Ronaldo wanted to leave earlier?
I reckon Ronaldo's arrival is why Cavani went off the boil, we would have been better had we kept Cavani as 7 and not touched Ronaldo but ah well.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Oh god, this is a nightmare, just when things were looking good. No idea who we could get as a striker now. Missing out on Nunez was an awful mistake if this was known as surely it must have been by people at the club. I still like Jonathan David. Scamacca seems to want to stay in Italy. Genuinely can't even think of anyone else right now.

Wonder if Gnabry would be prepared to join? I would think he can do better though. I know Nkunku just signed a new contract with a release clause of £51m. Anyone know when the release clause becomes active? I assume Leipzig wouldn't have been dumb enough to make it immediately triggerable? If the release clause is there no brainer imo.
Felix

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Is Laporte wanting to play hardball to get more money?

Dazzmondo

For the fees involved I'd prefer Osimen. I don't think Felix would work as well as a lone striker and even if I'm wrong and he would, not worth taking the risk when there's an alternative that would cost roughly the same (or possibly even less) who's consistently proven he can play that role well.

Von Mistelroum

"Very light" is a huge understatement. With Ronaldo gone we have the worst striker options in the prem and probably worse than a good portion of the Championship too. Rashford is not a striker and is not good either way. Martial is really, really poor.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Because he's clearly going to say negotiations with United are advanced and he expects FDJ to leave soon isn't he?
The fans would go mental.

He's telling the fans and media what they want to hear, so he can spin it when FDJ leaves saying he did everything to get him to stay, but his hands were tied

edcunited1878

Barcelona have to free up wages and player registration slots. They haven't even confirmed the free transfers they anticipate coming in and are nowhere near transferring players in. They must transfer players for a fee away from the club. FdJ out means Lewandowski in, yet Barcelona still have much more leg work on their end to do.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Are you suggesting Lewandowski expects to be paid in beans? He will still be getting a significant wage at Barcelona considering he won't be on a 5 year contract.
Ronaldo's wages are more, limiting the clubs that would take him.

Dazzmondo

One of the first things I thought about when the Ronaldo stuff first leaked was that it could make De Jong less interested in joining us, due to thinking we're not serious enough and lacking ambition. After a couple mins I thought I was probably overreacting and it wouldn't make a difference, but it concerns me to see something like this showing up. Hoping this hasn't made any difference to De Jong and he's still happy to join. If more similar reports start to emerge in the next couple days I will get very nervous. Losing Ronaldo on its own is bad enough, but if we ended up missing out on De Jong because of it, that would be an absolute nightmare.

Widow

What's the news from Ajax Mike?

As of this afternoon, Manchester United's offer was 45 million euros for Lisandro Martinez

M4YON

Ronaldo's wages are more, limiting the clubs that would take him.
Agreed, meaning only top european clubs, jn the UCL, who can afford our price for him and his wages would be interested. Kind of further reinforces my point.

Berbaclass

Agreed, meaning only top european clubs, jn the UCL, who can our price for him and his wages would be interested. Kind of further reinforces my point.
Mate we bought Ronaldo for a small fee last year, his value has only decreased.

C'est Moi Cantona

Because he's clearly going to say negotiations with United are advanced and he expects FDJ to leave soon isn't he?
The fans would go mental.

He's telling the fans and media what they want to hear, so he can spin it when FDJ leaves saying he did everything to get him to stay, but his hands were tied
Why? They must be expecting this anyway, reading their forum not even sure many really care.

I don't think I'd have gone mental if we'd have said Lukaku wasn't leaving just before he went, more so I would have been more likely to go mental if we'd said he was staying and then went the following week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mate we bought Ronaldo for a small fee last year, his value has only decreased.
Not at all. We’re not pushing him out like Juventus, and he just delivered another successful season personally. And he is Cristiano Ronaldo. No way his value has gone down from the 15m we paid for him. For a reluctant sale, I reckon we can get double even.

Berbaclass

Not at all. We’re not pushing him out like Juventus, and he just delivered another successful season personally. And he is Cristiano Ronaldo. No way his value has gone down from the 15m we paid for him. For a reluctant sale, I reckon we can get double even.
You daft mate, don't you know we don't make profit on transfers anymore :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.