Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
DON'T
  • Post a Tweet from a banned source (see below for the banned sources) unless they have held an interview with a player
  • Post a non-English Tweet without a basic translation. Suggested translators: Google Translate, DeepL, Reverso
  • Post anything from aggregator accounts (e.g. utdreport) without the original source.
    • Exception: an aggregator's Tweet is retweeted by the source. The Tweet must then be accompanied by a message/screenshot indicating this. Otherwise, the Tweet will not be allowed.
  • Post Tweets that Tweets that don't refer to a transfer story (example)
    • Post them in quotes/spoilers to avoid putting them into the feed
  • Post more than 3 Tweets per post. Otherwise, they will not show up in the Transfer Tweets feed.
  • Post anything that was tweeted more than three days ago. If it wasn't posted before then, nobody cares.
    • If you want to post an old Tweet as a reference, make sure to quote/spoiler it to avoid putting it into the feed.
  • Post off-topic comments or hold extended discussions over a single Tweet (that span multiple pages). Create a new thread instead.
What Kind of Tweets should I Post?
  • Player transfers, free signings, contract extensions, or releases
    • Includes U23 & U18 players (only for this thread)
    • Also includes young players signing their first professional contract for Manchester United
  • Managerial transfers, signings, contract extensions, or releases
    • Includes U23 and U18 head coaches (only for this thread)
    • Includes assistant managers and other coaches
  • Football executive appointments/releases (DoF, CEO/Chairperson, Head of Negotiations, etc.)
  • Transfer plans + any impacts to them
  • Transfer budgets + any impacts to them
The Caf now has its own pair of tier lists (one for United sources, and one for everything else). You can find them and more here. For your convenience, here are the list of banned sources (as of May 27, 2024):
Source (Individual)Source (Media Outlet)
Simon Jones
Mark Goldbridge (@markgoldbridge)
Stephen Howson (@MrStephenHowson)
Tom McDermott (@MrTomMcDermott)
Terry Flewers (@terryflewers)
z (@zeeshanxz)
Ross Harwood (@RossHarwood_)
mufcmpb (@mufcMPB)
SCOOP. (@AcademyScoop)
Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira)
Ekrem Konur (@Ekremkonur)
Pedro Almeida (@pedrogva6)
Rudy Galetti (@RudyGaletti)
Jacque Talbot (@jac_talbot)
Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) - Chelsea
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)
Kevin Palmer (@RealKevinPalmer)
Dean Jones (@DeanJonesSoccer)
Indykaila (@indykaila)
محمد الكعبي (@Qatari)
Shay Lugassi (@Shlugassi)
Eduardgo Hagn (@EduardoHagn) - exclusives only
Any other aggregator/ITK account that is not in a higher tier
The Sun
Daily Mail
Express
Standard
CaughtOffside
Metro
90min.com
Daily Star
Mirror
Goal
Manchester Evening News (@ManUtdMEN)
talkSPORT
Independent
Bleacher Report
Football365
BBC Gossip
Sky Sports Paper Talk
Don Balon (@DonBalon)
Diario Gol (@diarioGOLcom)
Fichajes.net (@fichajesnet)
El Chiringuito (@elchiringuitotv) - Spanish football/players
Fussball Transfers (@FT_Redaktion)
Jeunes Footeux
le10sport (@le10sport)
But! Football Club (@club_but)
Corriere dello Sport (@CorSport)
Tuttosport (@tuttosport)
All Italian transfer sites (e.g. Calciomercato.com, Calciomercato.it, TuttoMercatoWeb)
Transfermarkt (@transfermarkt)
Football Transfers (@Transfersdotcom)

Last edited:
£60m for them or Juventus. £30-40m for anyone else.

What a signing he’d be for Dortmund. He would bang them in there for fun. I could see him doing well there and then eventually coning back to play for Arsenal or Liverpool or someone like that or even getting a massive transfer to PSG Barca in 2 years. He’s still so young.

Can't see how a loan benefits us. He had a good season on loan already, put up the £50M or feck off.

It's not like Dortmund haven't got the money.

Dortmund are cheapskate bastards. I’ll be surprised if they’re even willing to stump up £30m for Sancho, despite banging on about him being home and how good he is.

Dortmund are cheapskate bastards. I’ll be surprised if they’re even willing to stump up £30m for Sancho, despite banging on about him being home and how good he is.

They're one of the richest clubs in Europe, I believe. There was some league table of richest clubs someone posted recently and I was surprised how high up they were.

Doesn't Greenwood's contract end next summer or am I remembering wrong?

In any case, Dortmund should shut the feck and pay up. They are probably trying to snap him on the cheap before selling him off to someone else for 100m after a couple of seasons.

Some relevance to United given their participation in the Europa League next season (Tier 1):

In short, all PL clubs competing in Europe can claim the difference between their UEFA coefficient payments and the club with the highest one as allowable losses under PSR rules. This, for example, will give a club like Aston Villa £20m - £30m in extra allowable losses next season. United should benefit from this as well given their participation in the Europa League.

Last edited:
ManchesterWorld understand Everton duo Jarrad Branthwaite and Amadou Onana are both being considered, as well as Crystal Palace ace Michael Olise and Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo. Marc Guehi, Max Killman and Pedro Neto are also admired, while the club have a long-term interest in Brighton striker Evan Ferguson.

Some relevance to United given their participation in the Europa League next season (Tier 1):

In short, all PL clubs competing in Europe can claim the difference between their UEFA coefficient payments and the club with the highest one as allowable losses under PSR rules. This, for example, will give a club like Aston Villa £20m - £30m in extra allowable losses next season. United should benefit from this as well given their participation in the Europa League.

Strange a club that doesn't qualify for Europe would suggest this.

No value in the market in coming
I’d take a bleak summer, if it meant we sorted our approach out, and at least started the process of losing our ridiculous reputation for overspending on anything that breathes.

Starting this new INEOS era with Branthwaite would be the ultimate enthusiasm vacuum.. of all the defenders we could sign, I refuse to believe that’s the best we can come up with

Starting this new INEOS era with Branthwaite would be the ultimate enthusiasm vacuum.. of all the defenders we could sign, I refuse to believe that’s the best we can come up with

Agreed. It reminds me of when Ole was on his 'prioritise English players' crusade and we ended up with Maguire and AWB.

This signing feels completely uninspired. We can and should do a lot better

So the Branthwaite rumors are false then? Because that's exactly what reckless spending is. He's worth no more than 40m. Bid for Todibo again, please.
I don’t know why people keep saying Todibo other than he plays for a Ratcliffe team.
he’s useless in the air and would be badly paired with Martinez

I don’t know why people keep saying Todibo other than he plays for a Ratcliffe team.
he’s useless in the air and would be badly paired with Martinez
Remember we were looking at Axel Disasi last year until Chelsea beat us to it, thank God J C Todibo is perfect in a back 3 playing a high line as the Furthest Right CB