Transfers: Where do you stand?

DeGea’sFeet

Forget about signings, I am more pissed that we haven’t sold a single deadwood
Amount of players who have left of free transfers, selling deadwood might backfire, we still need a squad. Our deadwood are actually good squad players, some are very good rotation players and one or 2 would be good in a successful team.

The problem is those players, who are not good enough to win trophies and lack the mentality and grit of winners , are basically are regular starters in many positions.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
As long as we are fitter and sharper than last year and we get that desperately needed CDM then I'm happy with evolution of the squad and keep most of them until the end of their contracts.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A lot of people being taken for a ride already by the Glazer thieves.

Next season might be ugly if we do our typical slow United thing.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think we look fecked. I agree with Rangnick when he said we need a lot of new signings. The ones at the club have been done for years. These are the same players who have failed the club for a long time now and we still expect them to deliver next season? Please.

Of course you can't replace a squad of players in one fell swoop but we need at least 3 new signings. Taking promoting promising reserves into account, that would do for this window.

Problem is, we're wasting far too much time. I don't think the club even knows who they want to get in, such is the state of the scouting system. Probably why we've been heavily linked to players ETH will have concrete knowledge of like FDJ, Antony and Timber.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I think we look fecked. I agree with Rangnick when he said we need a lot of new signings. The ones at the club have been done for years. These are the same players who have failed the club for a long time now and we still expect them to deliver next season? Please.

Of course you can't replace a squad of players in one fell swoop but we need at least 3 new signings. Taking promoting promising reserves into account, that would do for this window.

Problem is, we're wasting far too much time. I don't think the club even knows who they want to get in, such is the state of the scouting system. Probably why we've been heavily linked to players ETH will have concrete knowledge of like FDJ, Antony and Timber.
This.
It makes no difference where I or any other fan stands on transfers. As long as the current owners are in situ we aren’t going anywhere.
We will be linked with every Tom Dick & Harry between now and the end of the window but I will be surprised if we make 3 decent signings.

HoustonRed

Style more than quality at this stage of team building. Get the players with the vision of the style of play. Don’t need the very best in that position with the style, but surely need to have a base team functioning to a specific style, would be pointless otherwise.
Once we start playing to ETH style, we can try to upgrade on individual positions at the later window. That said, ideally would be perfect if we can unearth the top players at the very beginning.

djembatheking

Garner, Pereira and Beek back to bolster the midfield, Martial to cover for Ronaldo and a fit Jones to give us numbers at the back. Plenty for Ten Hag to work with there.

Tango80

I'm quite zen about everything at the moment. It's the middle of June ffs. If we get to the end of July and nobody's come in, then I'll be concerned.

People are getting their knickers in a twist basically because of what Liverpool have done. Last I checked, a successful transfer window isn't one that was done the quickest. We did that in 2011 and guess what? We didn't win anything that season.

What's the point of getting worked up over something that isn't even an issue yet? If I did that over everything in life, I wouldn't sleep at night.

There's a reason why it's called transfer silly season.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I keep wondering whether the ''misfits'' might start firing again under a new manager, and whether some of the youngsters - Garnacho, Hannibal, Pellastri etc etc might start to come good. thus,just a few new signings??

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Posts like this is why we are where we are.

Fans expecting us to sign a player valued at £120m with no CL, no squad.

We are in no position to sign Bellingham.
I know one shouldn't set much store on press reports but I see today that Real Madrid are trying to hijack a deal for £78 m. Bellingham, according to numerous papers.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Posts like this is why we are where we are.

Fans expecting us to sign a player valued at £120m with no CL, no squad.

We are in no position to sign Bellingham.
yes It’s the fans on a football forums fault we’re rubbish, can’t believe I missed that one!

romufc

yes It’s the fans on a football forums fault we’re rubbish, can’t believe I missed that one!
I'm sorry when fans set unrealistic targets, then the club dont sign them, there is negativity which is carried forward towards the team.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m against paying whatever it takes to get players who don’t want to be here. That should be obvious. We’ve been doing that for the past nine years and sucking the soul out of the club.

We have the money but aren’t a Champions League club and mercenaries won’t get us back in it. I don’t expect us to be able to sign the players Liverpool and City can at the moment.

The days of throwing away an extra £10m, £20m or £30m because we can should go the way of Woodward.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I'm sorry when fans set unrealistic targets, then the club dont sign them, there is negativity which is carried forward towards the team.
That's a fair point. But I'm not sure the negativity on RedCafe impinges on the team. Doubt if any players read us anyway! But on the whole, RedCafe is mostly negative, it has to be said.

romufc

That's a fair point. But I'm not sure the negativity on RedCafe impinges on the team. Doubt if any players read us anyway! But on the whole, RedCafe is mostly negative, it has to be said.
I get what you mean, this negativity transcends into Twitter then we start having a go at the club / players. If there is a reason to do so, then its fine however; saying things like sign Bellingham is completely out of tune of where we are. First as a fan base we have to accept our place in the negotiating table, then look to improve.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I’m against paying whatever it takes to get players who don’t want to be here. That should be obvious. We’ve been doing that for the past nine years and sucking the soul out of the club.

We have the money but aren’t a Champions League club and mercenaries won’t get us back in it. I don’t expect us to be able to sign the players Liverpool and City can at the moment.

The days of throwing away an extra £10m, £20m or £30m because we can should go the way of Woodward.
I still think that the manager (or coach) make a huge difference. I reckon our present players would perform better under Klopp or Pep. Hopefully they will under ETH. Fingers crossed.

Long Time Red

Amount of players who have left of free transfers, selling deadwood might backfire, we still need a squad. Our deadwood are actually good squad players, some are very good rotation players and one or 2 would be good in a successful team.

The problem is those players, who are not good enough to win trophies and lack the mentality and grit of winners , are basically are regular starters in many positions.
This is the correct take, after the season we've just had we'd literally be selling at the worst possible time.

If ETH can improve some of them we'd probably get double for them next season.

Swearing Budgie

Depends on the player. If we're willing to pay 70m for FDJ but Barca want 80m and we pull out then we're idiots. There's a time to play hardball on transfers. Players like him isn't the time.
he doesn’t want to come to Utd so we should steer well clear, otherwise the toxic dressing room will never change