Trevoh Chalobah

Trevoh

IMO, he is the best right sided CB Chelsea have. Buying Fofana and Disasi for 120m and selling Chalobah for 25m is wild.

I'm not sure he really has the level to start regularly for a team chasing the biggest titles. But he could certainly be a squad player.

Oh man this would annoy me so much. Chelsea are so fecking stupid. He should be a starter for us.

He’s better than Braithwaite by the way.

Can we please stop helping Chelsea with their PSR situation? We just did last season for a guy who we could have gotten for free this summer and who literally spent the whole season being injured for us. It's not that I don't rate the player but it's terrible business by us spending 55m on Mount with 1 year left on his contract and refusing to extend it.

I like him a lot. For the right price, we should get him.

Edit: or not, apparently injury prone.

Can we please stop helping Chelsea with their PSR situation? We just did last season for a guy who we could have gotten for free this summer and who literally spent the whole season being injured for us. It's not that I don't rate the player but it's terrible business by us spending 55m on Mount with 1 year left on his contract and refusing to extend it.

This is about Trevoh Chalobah

Another injury-prone player who Chelsea can rinse us for. In the season just gone, he missed a total of 32 games through two different injuries.

Would like to hear @Adnan 's input on how he would do for holding a high line and pressing as a team.

Sounds like a sensible plan for everyone bar Chelsea.

Whats the catch? His injury record?

I also dont see us buying before June 30th.

Last edited:
I like him a lot. For the right price, we should get him.

Edit: or not, apparently injury prone.

This season has been the only season his career that he's spent significant time out with injury.

Trevoh

IMO, he is the best right sided CB Chelsea have. Buying Fofana and Disasi for 120m and selling Chalobah for 25m is wild.

I'm not sure he really has the level to start regularly for a team chasing the biggest titles. But he could certainly be a squad player.
You are correct. Never noticed that.

From reports seems INEOS are adopting a Britain First transfer policy.

Trevoh

I had no problems signing Fofana. He's had a disastrous time with injuries so far but I like the player, and I liked the signing. Chalobah had only had 1 season as a fringe player in the first team at that point. He's grown immensely as a player in the last 2 years.

Signing Disasi was kinda needless in the grand scheme of things but he's been useful this season with both Chalobah and Fofana out most of the season, he's also filled in at RB several times when both Gusto and James have been injured. Chalobah effectively relegated him to the bench when he returned to fitness though.

This is about Trevoh Chalobah
And is about to help Chelsea with their PSR situation again. That is why they are looking to sell Chalobah and Gallagher. We'd look like right mugs if we gave them another 50m so they can spend it on hovering young talent again.

Probably a better and cheaper signing than the young lad at Everton. Also what’s the latest on the Fulham centreback who’s out of contract?

Sounds like a sensible plan for everyone bar Chelsea.

Whats the catch? His injury record?

I also dont see us buying before June 30th.
Chelsea's PSR situation. The reason why they are looking to sell Chalobah and Gallagher. Also probably why Poch left as he wanted to keep them.

And is about to help Chelsea with their PSR situation again. That is why they are looking to sell Chalobah and Gallagher. We'd look like right mugs if we gave them another 50m so they can spend it on hovering young talent again.

This is stupid thinking. What Chelsea do with their money is their business. Our responsibility is to get the players we want. If we are so concerned with who Chelsea plan to buy with proceeds of sale, we would be buying those players ourselves instead.

Good player, but given his injuries this season, I would be very wary about making this signing. There must be something Chelsea know if they're willing to do business at the reported 25M, PSR or not.

This is stupid thinking. What Chelsea do with their money is their business. Our responsibility is to get the players we want. If we are so concerned with who Chelsea plan to buy with proceeds of sale, we would be buying those players ourselves instead.
It's literally helping a direct rival with their summer business. If he was our first choice for that position or if he was a cheap punt like 15m-20m by all means go for it. But I don't think either is the case here. They'll try to rinse us the same way they did with Mount and I hope we steer well clear. I'd much rather sign Tosin on a free who Chelsea will probably look to sign as well.

Just missed 30 games for a thigh injury and Chelsea happy to sell a 24 year old, with a contract option till 2029, for £25m?

Yeah okay sounds great, where do we sign?

Big no. Chelsea despite having far more fit options had just as many CB problems as us last season and managed to concede 5 more goals than us. Colwill is the only one I'd take with him being 21 and lots of potential. Would be utter madness to have an interest in any of the others

It's literally helping a direct rival with their summer business. If he was our first choice for that position or if he was a cheap punt like 15m-20m by all means go for it. But I don't think either is the case here. They'll try to rinse us the same way they did with Mount and I hope we steer well clear. I'd much rather sign Tosin on a free who Chelsea will probably look to sign as well.

No, it’s literally helping ourselves, which would be our primary motivation in doing any deal, and reason enough to do so. We would only move for Chalobah if we want him, and if we want him and we can get him, then we should move for him. We’re not just sending Chelsea a cheque as good neighbours. We get a player in return for that cheque.

IF we want him, it’d cost 45-50m if he was fit with no injuries this season. The price of 25m will reflect his injuries. There’s the compromise or the gamble. Do you wait till he’s fit and proven himself? It’s gonna cost double then

Even if people are concern with his injury this season, £25m isn’t a high fees. Worth the gamble and could actually be a good business since he can cover both RB and CB.

IF we want him, it’d cost 45-50m if he was fit with no injuries this season. The price of 25m will reflect his injuries. There’s the compromise or the gamble. Do you wait till he’s fit and proven himself? It’s gonna cost double then
I get the sentiment if this was a Colwill type talent, but if Chalobah costs double in a year's time, then we'll simply move onto other CB targets. I highly doubt that in 12 months time, we'll be kicking ourselves thinking "fecking hell, we could've signed Trevor Chalobah for 25m if only we took a risk on him!"