Trialists

jb8521

Im making this thread to keep track of all the trialists coming to United. So far this season United have had a lot of trialists at the club from all over the world with an eye on next years academy team.

Kjetil Haug (Norwegian) signing with City
James Dunne (Irish) signed for United
James Bree (English)signed new deal with Barnsley
Alonzo Clarke (American) 16 year old CB. Plays for Bethesda Lions has been offered a contract with Blackpool but is waiting until he has his 2nd trial with United in February before making his mind up
Nick Taitague (American) 14 year old Attacking midfielder/winger. Currently playing a year above his age group for the USA under 16 team at the Aegean Cup in Turkey where he scored against Odegaards Norway team the other day
Martin Odegaard (Norwegian) 15 year old attacking midfielder. Plays for Stromsgodset. Played for the senior team in a friendly aged 13. Has trialled with United, City, Bayern and a couple of other teams.
Stefan Velkov (Bulgarian) 17 year old CB. Has played 21 times for Slavia Sofia this season and 5 times for Bulgaria under 21s. Currently out with an ankle ligament injury
Douglas Henrique (Brazilian) 16 year old CB from our feeder club Desportivo Brasil. Was over for trials earlier in the season and is over again at the moment
Joel Asoro (Swedish) 14 year old striker. Plays for Brommapojkarna and has been top scorer in a couple of European youth tournaments. Has been coming over to train with United fairly regularly for the past 2 years
Joaquin Varela (Uruguayan) 15 year old CB. Plays for Defensor. Will come to United for trials in February after being spotted at the under 15 Copa Nacionales tournament last summer. Has a Spanish passport

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
If we are gonna be picky his name is Kjetil Haug (without the E at the end) - but nice initiative

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Nice one. Ødegaard's dad said that Martin's leaving Norway this summer but he's been to Bayern and a few other clubs as well so where he'll end up is anyone's guess.

jb8521

Nice one. Ødegaard's dad said that Martin's leaving Norway this summer but he's been to Bayern and a few other clubs as well so where he'll end up is anyone's guess.
His club also has links with city so hopefully he wont end up there

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
His club also has links with city so hopefully he wont end up there
Ugh. That's a good point, would suck to lose a second Noggie to them on the trot. You sure know your stuff, jb. Impressive.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not sure the point of getting young non- EU players when they're unlikely to get work permits.

KM

Ugh. That's a good point, would suck to lose a second Noggie to them on the trot. You sure know your stuff, jb. Impressive.
Yeah he's excellent.

Jb do you know anything about these players?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Im making this thread to keep track of all the trialists coming to United. So far this season United have had a lot of trialists at the club from all over the world with an eye on next years academy team.

Kjetil Haug (Norwegian) signing with City
James Dunne (Irish) signed for United
James Bree (English)signed new deal with Barnsley
Alonzo Clarke (American)
Nick Taitague (American)
Martin Odegaard (Norwegian)
Stefan Velkov (Bulgarian)
Douglas Henrique (Brazilian)
Joel Asoro (Swedish)
Joaquin Varela (Uruguayan)
feck the Haug kid, money grabber at that age

Is Varela related to the Varela we have who just went back home due to homesickness?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
feck the Haug kid, money grabber at that age

Is Varela related to the Varela we have who just went back home due to homesickness?
Not sure I'd call it homesickness. His parents were gravely injured in a car crash.

jb8521

The 3 lads in the picture are Luis Hernandez (Costa Rica) Douglas Henrique and Julian Chicco they had dinner yesterday in Rafael and Fabios house along with Philippe Coutinho, Fernandinho, Lucas Leiva and Guillermo Varela who has returned from Uruguay

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Do you know anything about how we're adapting our domestic recruitment now that the 90 minute rule is gone, jb? Could we for instance see a pretty boy from Leytonstone with a divine right peg as part of next season's intake?

jb8521

Do you know anything about how we're adapting our domestic recruitment now that the 90 minute rule is gone, jb? Could we for instance see a pretty boy from Leytonstone with a divine right peg as part of next season's intake?
Not too sure to be honest but it doesnt seem to have changed dramatically or anything considering familys used to relocate to nearer Manchester as a way around the rule anyway. It seems we have brought a couple of lads to the club earlier than we would have before but there hasnt been a big overhaul or anything

jb8521

Finnish striker Albion Ademi is on trial this week along with players from Belgium, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and a few others

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Once again, jb; this thread is awesome. Let's hope a few of 'em impress enough to be signed.

jb8521

Once again, jb; this thread is awesome. Let's hope a few of 'em impress enough to be signed.
Yeah its good to see our scouts are doing their jobs all over the world and before anyone complains about it there have also been plenty of English lads on trial as well

Keenst

There was a lad called Josh O'Hanlon on trial, think he scored a brace during a trial game. He was an 18 year old striker for Longford Town but he's signed for Bournemouth since.

KM

According to DM, we've given trials to two indian lads. They impressed the United scouts at the United soccer school in Kolkata.

jb8521

An article translated from Swedish about Joel Asoro

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...v-man-united-chelsea-och-juventus-en-valdigt/

BP's 15 -year-old giant talent hunted by Man United , Chelsea and Juventus , "A very good striker "Joel Asoro is one of the biggest talents.BP's 15 -year-old striker chased by teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Juventus .- On Sunday , he played with 17 year olds and decided against AIK , says Tommy Soderstrom , sporting director of the club's youth activities.Read moreJoel Asoro has just turned 15 but has already been to England and visited Manchester United four times. On Sunday he will meet Chelsea.- He is a very good striker . On Sunday , he made debut in our boys' football teams with 17 year olds . He came in and settled the game with two very good goals , says Tommy Söderström fotbollskanalen.se .In unrelated fotbollskanalen.se battling several major European clubs about the 15 - year-old striker - except Manchester United and Chelsea , there is also interest from Juventus, Manchester City, Everton , Aston Villa and Red Bull Salzburg. In Sweden hope AIK seize giant talent .- Interest is high . I have for 15 years worked as a scout for Manchester United in Sweden and Finland so I have been with him over at United four times.How long will he remain in Brommapojkarna ?- Not so long I think, but we'll see. John Guidetti chose the leave BP at age 16, while Albin Ekdal played one season with the first team before he moved . We'll see what happens. There are various options .How is Joel as a player?- He's a number nine, but can also play on an edge. He's very fast, strong and has good stamina. Moreover, he is a good guy. It's not often that comes up so fast forwards with as good condition, he is good in athletics as well.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
According to DM, we've given trials to two indian lads. They impressed the United scouts at the United soccer school in Kolkata.
Now that's a market worth tapping.
Definitely a market worth tapping, there was a report on football with indian players never been taken up by big clubs, yet in many places the U15 teams (I think it was U15) they were dominating other teams, another bit of "racism in football" sad but definitely worth tapping that market, as it is a vein of riches nobody has bothered to gamble on yet.

mo0

another bit of "racism in football"
bit extreme isn't it? "if you're good enough"... (at least that's the rhetoric for domestic players!)

FA making a big investment into talent ID so clubs can tap into our own Asian communities, instead of picking off imports.

jb8521

14 year old English centre back Max Dunne has signed after being on trial for the past few months