Trialists

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Excellent as always. Great to have some info on the players the club is looking at. Martin Odegaard sounds like a player. Have you any idea what the latest on him is?
He wants to remain in Norway for the time being. He turns 16 in December so I guess something might happen next January.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Cheers. Any idea at all where he will most likely end up when he does move?
He speaks highly of his week at United but his club Strømsgodset has close ties to Man City. Then there's Bayern. Basically, I've got no idea.

Redo91

It seems hell have his pick of clubs
Ya he sounds very impressive based on the small bit you wrote on him. Would be quiet the coup considering the clubs that are after him. Shame Mats isn't still at the club to have a word in his ear.

Edit: Not sure if this is his actual twitter account but if it is he seems to be quiet the Liverpool fan: https://twitter.com/martinio98

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
First team appearance in a friendly at 13! That's crazy. I've seen articles saying he is a Liverpool fan and his twitter suggests the same but I don't think it'll mean much.

How do you know so much about these lads? Do you go to some of the big youth tournaments?

jb8521

First team appearance in a friendly at 13! That's crazy. I've seen articles saying he is a Liverpool fan and his twitter suggests the same but I don't think it'll mean much.

How do you know so much about these lads? Do you go to some of the big youth tournaments?
Yeah but Ole was a Liverpool fan before he came to us as well. Yeah I go to any of the under age games I can get to and a lot of under age Ireland games as well and if you look hard enough you can find streams for a lot of the under age tournaments as well. I saw Youri Tielemans playing for Belgium in an under 16 tournament last year and he was incredible. He became one of the youngest players to play in the champions league a few months ago. Ireland have a few interesting kids coming through as well.

lysglimt

Scout
Ødegaard is considered the biggest talent in Norway together with Dahlie - so he is special. Exciting times ahead for Norway - a lot of really promising youngsters, especially around his age-group. So hopefully we can finally conjure up a decent international side

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Brilliant work jb.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah but Ole was a Liverpool fan before he came to us as well. Yeah I go to any of the under age games I can get to and a lot of under age Ireland games as well and if you look hard enough you can find streams for a lot of the under age tournaments as well. I saw Youri Tielemans playing for Belgium in an under 16 tournament last year and he was incredible. He became one of the youngest players to play in the champions league a few months ago. Ireland have a few interesting kids coming through as well.
Yeah that's what I meant, he may be a Liverpool fan but I doubt it'll have much effect on who he goes to.

Nice, I'll try catch some streams of upcoming tournaments. Damn that Tielemans is already a bit of a regular at 16. They just keep getting younger, makes me feel old and I just turned 20.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Cool. Did you know he was on our radar when you wrote about him in the scouting thread?

Also, has the number of trialists been unusually high this season or does it just feel that way because of this thread?

jb8521

Cool. Did you know he was on our radar when you wrote about him in the scouting thread?

Also, has the number of trialists been unusually high this season or does it just feel that way because of this thread?
No had no idea we were interested. We have a lot of players on trial every year

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Hungarian starlet Martin Puskas admits he dreams of playing in England, after reportedly undergoing a trial with Manchester United.

Both United and Puskas' current club PSV Eindhoven have not commeted on the reports, although Puskas has himself spoken to the media in his homeland.

The 15-year-old is understood to have spent time at United's Carrington training complex last month, with a view to sealing a move to Old Trafford.

Puskas has admitted that he would love to move to England and told Origu.hu: "English football is my favourite because of their honest and fighter mentality.

"I have offers from big clubs but I know that as a Hungarian there's not fortune or tail-wind, the only thing that matters is the hard work."

Puskas - who is not related to Hungarian legend Ferenc Puskas - signed for PSV Eindhoven aged just 12, and in the last 12-months has been conincidenatlly has been coached by former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy - who is current serving as a coach with the club.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ngster-martin-puskas-keen-on-english-football

jb8521

Serbian under 17 keeper Vanja Milinkovic Savic is joining the club on trial. He only recently turned 17 and is already over 6 foot 6 inches tall

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Strømsgodset's Martin Ødegaard came on for the final 20 minutes against Lindegaard's old club Aalesund tonight, thus becoming the youngest ever player in the Norwegian top flight at 15 years and 117 days. He did very well by all accounts.

jb8521

United are continuing to scout Stefan Velkov according to reports in Bulgaria

jb8521

Trialist James Blanchfield who rejected a contract at Arsenal played in yesterdays under 18 game but was unlucky as he had to be substituted after coming on as a sub and needed stitches in a knee injury

Redo91

Have you heard anything recently about Chris Willock jb? Last I heard he still hadn't signed on at Arsenal?

jb8521

He still hasn't signed he's been out injured for the past while.There looks to be a few problems at arsenals academy at the moment with a couple of schoolboys rejecting contracts

Redo91

He still hasn't signed he's been out injured for the past while.There looks to be a few problems at arsenals academy at the moment with a couple of schoolboys rejecting contracts
I heard he was training with the senior team a bit even though I don't think he appeared for their under 21's. Ya I read something along those lines recently. Hasn't Liam Brady left their academy? Might be the cause of the issues.

Count Orduck

He won't be able to sign for us until he's 18 though, even if he turns out to be great.

Drifter

American
Manchester United invite teen who grew up in brothel for trial

THE poverty-stricken son of a sex worker is going from red light to Red Devil - after being offered a dream trial with Manchester United. Rajib Roy, 16, will be flying to the UK on April 25 to train with the Premier League side's academy team, after impressing scouts. The teenager has endured a tough childhood - even by India's standards - growing up in a brothel in Kolkata's notorious Sonagachi neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is home to over 12,000 sex workers and a mere visit to the area is considered taboo. Rajib was relentlessly bullied because of his mother's profession and now attends Rahul Vidya Niketan in Sealdah, a special school for the children of sex workers. Rajib will be attending a 10-day training session with Manchester United and given a tour of Old Trafford, known as the Theatre of Dreams. Videographer / Director: Sanjay Pandey / Swastik Pal, Producer: Aamir Bashir / John Balson, Editor: Ian Phillips.

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video...en-who-grew-up-in-brothel-for-trial/2uxivf0ew

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sunderland defender Loius Laing is on trial with us