Trialists

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
With all the recent talk of long term player recruitment and how players coming through the academy represent the culture of the club, it seems a bit strange that we weren't willing to pay a - relatively speaking - modest fee for what looks to be a very talented young Englishman.

jb8521

With all the recent talk of long term player recruitment and how players coming through the academy represent the culture of the club, it seems a bit strange that we weren't willing to pay a - relatively speaking - modest fee for what looks to be a very talented young Englishman.
I presume you're talking about Borg. From what I saw of him I don't really think he's one that were going to look back on missing out on with a huge amount of regret. It would have been nice to have him for the balance of the u18s and he looked tidy and had a good engine in the games I saw but didn't look anything particularly special and was bullied by the Russian lad in the milk cup game against CSKA. If you're going to bring in a player at that level and pay a fee you want him to stand out above the players you already have or else it can send out the wrong message to your own players

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I presume you're talking about Borg. From what I saw of him I don't really think he's one that were going to look back on missing out on with a huge amount of regret. It would have been nice to have him for the balance of the u18s and he looked tidy and had a good engine in the games I saw but didn't look anything particularly special and was bullied by the Russian lad in the milk cup game against CSKA. If you're going to bring in a player at that level and pay a fee you want him to stand out above the players you already have or else it can send out the wrong message to your own players
Hope you're right about that and if you saw him at the Milk cup you'd know him much better than I do. But I was very impressed by his performance against Bolton in the league. He bailed out his CBs (and even Riley) on more than one occasion and you don't often see such defensive maturity at that level, certainly not from a 16-year-old.

jb8521

17 year old Brazilian defender Luiz Felipe who plays for Ituano was on trial with United last month

jb8521

United have taken 14 year old Benjamin Garre(Velez Sarsfield) and 17 year old Matheus Caliman(Desportivo Brasil) on trial

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

looks like there was another guy on trial with him. The other guy doesn't look 14 either.

khoazany

We are having another round of trials on October so there should be a lot trialists around Carrington atm.

P.S: The other kid on that pic is Benjamin Garre.It's Calliman that looks small not because Garre is that huge (even though he's quite tall for his age).

Last edited:

jb8521

Albion Ademi, Indy Boonen and Brenden Baiye played for United's under 16's against Burnley last night. Luiz Felipe who trialled with us a while ago was on trial with City last week

jb8521

Uruguay under 17 international Robert Ergas from Defensor Sporting is on trial with United he will spend 10 days training with the club

jb8521

United have had USA u17 defender Matt Olosunde and Netherlands u17 defender Lassana Faye on trial

jb8521

United have 16 year old Sead Haksabanovic from Halmstads on trial this week. He's already played twice for their senior team

Joemo

whistling in the wind
United have 16 year old Sead Haksabanovic from Halmstads on trial this week. He's already played twice for their senior team
Is he the Bosnian lad? He's immensely highly rated isn't he?

jb8521

Andy Cole's son Devante is on trial with United. 15 year old Argentinian Benjamin Garre is back on trial again as well

Sid234

Are we still using Desportivo Brasil? I haven't heard much about players from them since Van Gaal came in

jb8521

We aren't going to get to see him though are we? I assume we'll be arranging behind closed-doors U21 games so they can see him?
Yeah they played 1 yesterday against Tranmere and won 2-0 but I havent heard if he played or not. Under 21s dont play a proper game until mid September

jb8521

15 year old Desportivo Brasil players Leo Carvalho and Matheus Marcosi and a 14 year old American named Carson Price are on trial with United

khoazany

These lads seem to have trained with the U15/16s this week at Lilleshall:
- Leo Carvalho (LB,Desportivo Brasil)
- Gabriel Martinelli (Ituano, ex-Corinthians)
- Benjamin Garre (Argentina)
- George Curran (Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland)
- Ethan Galbraith (ST, Glentoran, Northern Ireland)
- Rory Brown (GK, Northern Ireland)
- Connor Haskell (USA)

Last edited: