Tuanzebe Loan watch

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm a bit worried that he won't get playing time as a CB there. Villa fans say Terry-Chester is the best defensive partnership in the championship. I really hope we have assurance he will be an important player for them.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him get more game time at RB or DM

rique_don

Very good loan move, hope he gets plenty of minutes.
I disagree. Selling Darmian and Blind and giving him more minutes here would have been best. I don't trust Jose with loan moves. I don't trust Villa to improve him either. I think Jose is at times unfair to some young lads. I don't think Borthwick-Jackson should've been loaned out either. Pochettino keeps his young players, trains them and when it's time plays them. Tuanzebe is better than Blind and Darmian. He needs to look past reputations and get rid of the older players that aren't going to improve and believe in certain players like Tuanzebe who I think is special.

IrishRedDevil

I disagree. Selling Darmian and Blind and giving him more minutes here would have been best. I don't trust Jose with loan moves. I don't trust Villa to improve him either. I think Jose is at times unfair to some young lads. I don't think Borthwick-Jackson should've been loaned out either. Pochettino keeps his young players, trains them and when it's time plays them. Tuanzebe is better than Blind and Darmian. He needs to look past reputations and get rid of the older players that aren't going to improve and believe in certain players like Tuanzebe who I think is special.
Sell Darmian and Blind to who? Nobody wants them in January.

They will be sold in the summer and Tunazabe will be recalled.

rique_don

Sell Darmian and Blind to who? Nobody wants them in January.

They will be sold in the summer and Tunazabe will be recalled.
Loan those two out or simply bench them or keep them out of the squad and keep the kid. Neither will get any better nor do they deserve more game time than him. Tuanzebe could have gotten more football here had Mourinho had a more open mind on player development and stopped respecting status over actual ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
2nd half under way, 6 pointer type of game. Would be surprised if he gets a runout. Has Bruce said anything about where he'll play? The players they've got, it would look more likely to get games at right back unfortunately.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Came on and played right back.

We weren't great today and were poor defensively.

He won't be starting next week given who we're playing.

manunited1919

2nd half under way, 6 pointer type of game. Would be surprised if he gets a runout. Has Bruce said anything about where he'll play? The players they've got, it would look more likely to get games at right back unfortunately.
Right back would be grand. We will need to replace Valencia soon.

J_Red 11

Came on and played right back.

We weren't great today and were poor defensively.

He won't be starting next week given who we're playing.
Surprised that you don't expect him to start at least as a right back after saying poor defensively against the worst team in the league. I reckon it's a better idea to start him who is more defensive mind ahead of Elmoh who is too attacking mind. When you need a goal then bring Elmoh in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised that you don't expect him to start at least as a right back after saying poor defensively against the worst team in the league. I reckon it's a better idea to start him who is more defensive mind ahead of Elmoh who is too attacking mind. When you need a goal then bring Elmoh in.
Our next game is a derby against Birmingham City. Steve Bruce isn't a manager who just throws teenagers into that sort of game.

It will be our usual back 4 of El-Mohamady-Chester-Terry-Hutton.

Red_toad

Our next game is a derby against Birmingham City. Steve Bruce isn't a manager who just throws teenagers into that sort of game.

It will be our usual back 4 of El-Mohamady-Chester-Terry-Hutton.
He's not a teenager... As a teenager he had an exceptional game against a true world class player, I'd say he'll be a nailed on starter at Villa pretty soon, he's just so good.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah but this is Steve Bruce we're talking about, he loves tried and tested players hence him signing El-Mohamady three times. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
I saw some highlights of their match earlier, played at right back, not at fault for either of the goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some comments from r/reddevlis who copied it from Aston Villa reddit

"Tuanzebe looks quality as a RB. Buckets of pace and knows exactly where his teammates were."

"Yeah currently I'd say our fullbacks are the weakest part of our squad. Hutton makes a run with the ball then gives it away and Elmo is el-mediocre.

"I'd drop Elmo, start Tuanzebe, have Elmo be a utility sub that can play as RM or RB for if Tuanzebe/Snodgrass are tired and buy a good left back in the summer."

"Elmo always puts a decent cross in though, that's what we want him for. Can Tuanzebe do the same? Genuinely don't know."

"Yeah, that's what I mean. He's just ok, not great. He does a job crossing the ball but Tuanzebe looked great when he came on"

"If Tuanzebe can offer the same ball upfront but a sturdier defense then great, I suppose we will just have to wait and see!"

Dion

Yeah but this is Steve Bruce we're talking about, he loves tried and tested players hence him signing El-Mohamady three times. :lol:
He's so passionate about this principle that he doesn't even care if they've passed the test, just that they've taken it a few times. Wish the DVLA were that kind.

Seven Seas Sardines

Doing my head in that there are no YouTube highlights of his first appearance. Only watched the game highlights and saw that he wasn't to blame for the goals, and that he assisted the assister for their third goal after a nice sprint on the flank.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Looks like he'll be a DM in that line up. Interesting.

Classical Mechanic

Highest rated player on whoscored across both sides at half time, says he's playing at right back. Looks like he is containing Sessegnon who is one of the lowest rated players.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Fulham have played him as a left back a lot but as a an attacking left forward he has 9 goals and 2 assists in 12 games. He is playing as an attacking left player so Tuanzebe, as the right back, is marking him today.
Maybe he's evolving a bit like Bale?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
From the Villa forum:
So it would appear that this lad does the football thing pretty well.
Great performance today and a fantastic capture.
Really really good at pretty much everything.
I thought he had a superb game today, BUT...

It was his man who came in unmarked from the left to score the opening goal.
...I'd add that Tuanzebe was a genuine and only bright point of the day. As impressive a debut as I've seen for some time.
Also, 90% voted for him for MOTM.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sounds positive for Axel:drool: Just need him to keep it going and be back for us as an option next season.