g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tuppet vs. 2mufc0 - NT peak draft

Who would win based on their NT peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annahnomoss

Thanks! will do.
You had a great side mate. The only issue in the side for me was that I'd have liked a Jairzinho type on the right, someone who can both provide width, beat a man and then as a bonus roam a bit. I was still really close to voting for you.

Moby

Dick
Agreed. The team is supposed to be built around Garrincha, and that's why I focus on Puskas: Zagallo/Santos, Romario and Andrade behind Mané are spot on. The playmaker/destroyer tandem in midfield works for me (you would prefer Didí, but there's nothing wrong with Bozsik as Plan B). Puskas is the misfit.
Not sure I mind Puskas in a 4-2-4, the calls for the likes of Gullit would massively change the system from what it is (and what Garrincha shone in) so I can see why he went for a support striker rather than someone who would get involved in midfield as a third CM, which wasn't the case for them. I agree more with having someone more dynamic than Bozsik there e.g. someone like Neeskens who would solve most of the issue here.

Moby

Dick
You had a great side mate. The only issue in the side for me was that I'd have liked a Jairzinho type on the right, someone who can both provide width, beat a man and then as a bonus roam a bit. I was still really close to voting for you.
Yeah, wanted to mention that. Goal threat aside, Muller and Jairzinho are quite different and Jairzinho's wing-play, direct running at opponents and getting them to commit was quite crucial to Pele's 1970 incarnation, something that lacked a bit here.

Annahnomoss

Yeah, wanted to mention that. Goal threat aside, Muller and Jairzinho are quite different and Jairzinho's wing-play, direct running at opponents and getting them to commit was quite crucial to Pele's 1970 incarnation, something that lacked a bit here.
Yeah, Müller was quality and ticks some of the boxes with his goal threat and off the ball movement but with Rivellino on the other side you really want that width and dribbling on the right flank. I must say Zambrotta was a daring pick that I absolutely love and with a tricky winger that would have been an enormous threat down the flank.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks.

The plan originally was to try and get Pele, Rivelino and Jairzinho and build the team around that 1970 attack, i got Revilino but Jairzinho got picked first round before i could complete the trio.

Muller seemed a no brainer at the time with the choices left, was close to going for Ribery but Muller's big tournament pedigree is up there with all time standards, plus his work rate would make my team more balanced with Revilino on the other side. Also had Zambrotta behind him he would overlap and bomb down the wing providing width.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Agreed. The team is supposed to be built around Garrincha, and that's why I focus on Puskas: Zagallo/Santos, Romario and Andrade behind Mané are spot on. The playmaker/destroyer tandem in midfield works for me (you would prefer Didí, but there's nothing wrong with Bozsik as Plan B). Puskas is the misfit.
Agree with most of your critique and the Cuelemans call is a sound one. My only quibble is Didi over Bozsik, which obviously benefits from the synergy of the proven partnership and bit more interplay for Puskas. But I think Didi's vertical movement would significantly weaken a two-man central midfield partnership in the land of the trios. Basically on transition poor Mascherano is marooned in a 4-1-5 esque set-up (or 2-3-5), whereas if Bozsik holds more Tuppet always has that double pivot to rely on. Not that Bozsik just sat and sprayed all the time, and used to move towards the edge of the box quite often from the footage I've seen, but he feels a bit more credible in a pivot against a three.

Moby

Dick
Agree with most of your critique and the Cuelemans call is a sound one. My only quibble is Didi over Bozsik, which obviously benefits from the synergy of the proven partnership and bit more interplay for Puskas. But I think Didi's vertical movement would significantly weaken a two-man central midfield partnership in the land of the trios. Basically on transition poor Mascherano is marooned in a 4-1-5 esque set-up (or 2-3-5), whereas if Bozsik holds more Tuppet always has that double pivot to rely on. Not that Bozsik just sat and sprayed all the time, and used to move towards the edge of the box quite often from the footage I've seen, but he feels a bit more credible in a pivot against a three.
True, though if you are really going that Brazil 58-62 route it leaves little room for pragmatism. You'd just bank on that front 4 to keep up the annihilation on their end.

Moby

Dick
Thanks.

The plan originally was to try and get Pele, Rivelino and Jairzinho and build the team around that 1970 attack, i got Revilino but Jairzinho got picked first round before i could complete the trio.

Muller seemed a no brainer at the time with the choices left, was close to going for Ribery but Muller's big tournament pedigree is up there with all time standards, plus his work rate would make my team more balanced with Revilino on the other side. Also had Zambrotta behind him he would overlap and bomb down the wing providing width.
I think Muller was a better choice than Ribery. Ribery played pretty much as an outlet in 2006 and not close to his LW role for Bayern, his goal against Spain pretty much summed up how he was used, it was basically Henry drawing defenders upfield leaving space for Malouda and Ribery to run into. Muller does that better and has more goals doing that. What was needed though was probably a combination of that (less) and a winger who would pick up the ball when needed and create massive in-roads (more). Not really easy to think of many options tbh.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Very few, Lato perhaps. I bought Muller as a functionally wide goalscorer though, especially in a set-up with Pele 1970 controlling matters.

Annahnomoss

Thanks.

Should have been Conti! He would have been perfect for Zambrotta as well with all his defensive work. Bar that I do think a slightly imbalanced approach with Helmut Rahn/Julinho/Littbarski would have made more sense too as you'd get top quality. You'd have had a defensive side with Abidal and Rivellino and then your dominant right side that would do the damage. Rivellino-Pele's ability to together threaten the central areas and the left channel means they would still be effective.

Well Rossi and Pele would be beautiful that is for sure. Rossi dropping deep on the right channel as he often did in which case Pele would be moving forward instead. Loved that part and Rossis World Cup pedigree is top quality. He was a great player even without scoring loads of goals and in that WC he also scored for fun.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should have been Conti! He would have been perfect for Zambrotta as well with all his defensive work. Bar that I do think a slightly imbalanced approach with Helmut Rahn/Julinho/Littbarski would have made more sense too as you'd get top quality. You'd have had a defensive side with Abidal and Rivellino and then your dominant right side that would do the damage. Rivellino-Pele's ability to together threaten the central areas and the left channel means they would still be effective.

Well Rossi and Pele would be beautiful that is for sure. Rossi dropping deep on the right channel as he often did in which case Pele would be moving forward instead. Loved that part and Rossis World Cup pedigree is top quality. He was a great player even without scoring loads of goals and in that WC he also scored for fun.
Aye Conti is class, but wasn't as 'glamorous' as the other options.

Agree about Rossi, he really turned up at 1982 and think he would have worked really well with Pele.

Koeman also seems to be a bit under rated in these drafts, which i was a bit surprised about. Abidal getting slaughtered also surprised me, i can understand Garrincha is top notch but Abidal played a lot of his career at the highest level, he's hardly a championship standard player which it felt like he was being portrayed.

Annahnomoss

Agree about Rossi, he really turned up at 1982 and think he would have worked really well with Pele.

Koeman also seems to be a bit under rated in these drafts, which i was a bit surprised about. Abidal getting slaughtered also surprised me, i can understand Garrincha is top notch but Abidal played a lot of his career at the highest level, he's hardly a championship standard player which it felt like he was being portrayed.
Koeman is really underrated on here. One of my own favorites but it is hardly ever worth picking him up as his match winning passing range that defined the Dream Team rarely gets the credit it deserves. Him and Guardiola were the ultimate risk takers who would spray ball after ball forward and when it was accurate it almost always led to a dangerous opportunity. You've replaced what Carlos Alberto was for that Brazilian side with Koeman which was a great choice.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not sure I mind Puskas in a 4-2-4, the calls for the likes of Gullit would massively change the system from what it is (and what Garrincha shone in) so I can see why he went for a support striker rather than someone who would get involved in midfield as a third CM, which wasn't the case for them. I agree more with having someone more dynamic than Bozsik there e.g. someone like Neeskens who would solve most of the issue here.
Yeah, Neeskens would work. Tempted to say along with a Mascherano upgrade but that is because his passing is underrated.

antohan

I gave up on picking Koeman after a couple of attempts. It's like playing with one CB.

antohan

He does, that's why I didn't call for Bozsik to go but Puskas in favour of someone better suited to bridging that gap.

Moby's suggestion of Neeskens adresses both my hole and your pair robustness issue though. There's still no aerial presence upfront, mind.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Individual quality: Tuppet wins

I've voted for 2mufc because I prefer his midfield.

Mascherano+Bozcik in a midfield 2 to support 2 strikers is light: beasts like Davids would have been the welcome.