Television TV shows that aren't good enough to be recommended but you feel the need to discuss anyway

Dr. StrangeHate

There are some TV shows that don't really need their own thread and can be discussed here.

Dr. StrangeHate

I just watched "Behind Her Eyes". I thought it was a pretty solid 7 out of 10 yet is getting pretty bad reviews.

They took just a single supernatural thing and made a decent story out of it. I think the ending was pretty horrifying though. I wasn't expecting that and Rob to be so evil.

What are people's views about it?

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
I just watched "Behind Her Eyes". I thought it was a pretty solid 7 out of 10 yet is getting pretty bad reviews.

They took just a single supernatural thing and made a decent story out of it. I think the ending was pretty horrifying though. I wasn't expecting that and Rob to be so evil.

Finished that yesterday. Thought it was decent. The show makes a bold move in the middle that probably turns some people off, but it worked for me.
I don't mind supernatural elements, they did not overdo it and the hints were there throughout the show. I had a vague hunch that something like this might be on the cards without it being in any way obvious.
The writing is a bit sloppy towards the end.
Her whole "investigation" and him departing to Scotland felt a bit silly
, but the ending more than makes up for it.

I did not quite buy Louise out-of-body travelling into the house at the end. She just found out that "Adele" is a psycho and they had a big fight on the phone. I guess her character was established to be too good for her own good, so that's a 50-50. But she had just found about her ability and had only used it once. Surely, she was still too freaked out and unsure what to do with it. And what was she going to do there anyway? Have a look? My GF and I both rolled our eyes on that, but quickly forgot about it when the twist happened. The ultimate twist I saw coming after this, but it was still horrible to see it all unfold. Poor James, and even poorer Adam. :nervous::(

Not a masterpiece, but we were intrigued throughout the show. Definitely watchable.

Tarrou

I can't get enough of survival shows lately and by far and way my favourite is Alive

Basically, ten people get dropped off in a remote location and the last one to not tap out or die wins $500k

Bertie Wooster

Apologies if these shows have been mentioned..

A couple that I'd consider 'bonus' shows that I've really enjoyed are Dexter and The Following.

I usually watch the mainstream Network shows, so Dexter had more swearing and nudity than I'm used to in a US drama - but it was a good show with an unusual premise.

And The Following was maybe a little more violent than I normally go for, but, again, an interesting show that focused on and personalised the cult members as much as those trying to catch them.

slyadams

Apologies if these shows have been mentioned..

A couple that I'd consider 'bonus' shows that I've really enjoyed are Dexter and The Following.

I usually watch the mainstream Network shows, so Dexter had more swearing and nudity than I'm used to in a US drama - but it was a good show with an unusual premise.

And The Following was maybe a little more violent than I normally go for, but, again, an interesting show that focused on and personalised the cult members as much as those trying to catch them.
I watched the Following all the way to the end, but it became a struggle tbh, it definitely ran its course by the end.

Bertie Wooster

I watched the Following all the way to the end, but it became a struggle tbh, it definitely ran its course by the end.
Yeah, I agree.
The first two series were good. The third OK. But it ended at the right time and wasn't one of those shows that could run and run.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Just finished watching it now.
Didn't expect the supernatural nature to it. My girlfriend clocked it early in the first couple of episodes about the "weird camera angles"/birds-eye-view of James and Louise's interactions. She stopped watching it after episode 3 though.

The ending is horrifying as hell. Always thought it was bizarre how different Adele is compared to her "flashbacks".

Will probably tell the girlfriend to finish it now, given she clocked something quite significant very early on.