Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think it was probably a mark of respect, all parties involved knew he wasn't good enough to play professionally at a respectable level and he's obviously from a good family. Offer him a contract knowing he'll turn it down and he'll always be able to say he decided against continuing in football and not that he got cast aside. He'll probably be working at the club in some capacity in a few years.
Nonsense.

Or at least if that's true, then we might as well scrap our academy, seeing as he was just nominated our reserve player of the year.

Zen

Who else has won this award? I mean surely most of the great talent kinda skips playing the reserves, at least enough to be nominated for that I'd assume?

Not that I'm saying he's trash or anything, probably earn a great living off the game at this point, just curious who else has won it.

wr8_utd

:'(
sampatricklyon Sam Lyon
Sir Alex Ferguson says neither Tom Cleverley nor Danny Welbeck will be leaving Manchester United on loan this season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Nonsense.

Or at least if that's true, then we might as well scrap our academy, seeing as he was just nominated our reserve player of the year.
And it was deserved too, not just because he is the boss' son or anything like that. Gill put in many man of the match performances last season. He may not be the most technically gifted player, but he showed good determination and willingness to work hard. I thought he'd be capable of playing at a lower level, but he'll probably earn more money by going to Uni and following his dad's footsteps.

wr8_utd

SajChowdhury (works for the BBC I think)
Just been informed by his agent that a €45m bid [inc. €5m bonus] was rejected by Palermo for Javier Pastore. Bidders were..he can't say

forevrared

Who else has won this award? I mean surely most of the great talent kinda skips playing the reserves, at least enough to be nominated for that I'd assume?

Not that I'm saying he's trash or anything, probably earn a great living off the game at this point, just curious who else has won it.
The previous 4 are Ritchie De Laet, James Chester, Richard Eckersly and Kieran Lee. Not some of the biggest talents we've had through the ranks.

I'm not saying he couldn't have had a decent career in the lower leagues if he wanted, but with what he likely is capable of in the business world, lower tier football would be less prestigious and he'd probably not do as well financially.

MPTutd

The previous 4 are Ritchie De Laet, James Chester, Richard Eckersly and Kieran Lee. Not some of the biggest talents we've had through the ranks.

I'm not saying he couldn't have had a decent career in the lower leagues if he wanted, but with what he likely is capable of in the business world, lower tier football would be less prestigious and he'd probably not do as well financially.
Agreed.

wr8_utd

I doubt Palermo would reject that amount, unless it was from Malaga and Pastore had said he didn't want to go there.
Maybe the agent's just trying to drive the price up. I think he'll end up at Inter/Milan.

Serie A has been spending a lot this summer!

Brophs

The One and Only
SajChowdhury (works for the BBC I think)
Just been informed by his agent that a €45m bid [inc. €5m bonus] was rejected by Palermo for Javier Pastore. Bidders were..he can't say
A bonus for who? Why would that be included in the purchase price?

wr8_utd

Saj Chowdhury
Staying with Palermo's €45m-man Javier Pastore, his agent has come back to me & said that two English clubs have shown an interest in him.

Chelsea and City I guess.

Brophs

The One and Only
This is like watching the shittest version of deal or no deal ever.

Kelvin

It is rumoured that Liverpool and Man City have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Aguero. Personal terms have been put forward by Liverpool and Man City and it is now up to the player to decide where he is going by the end of the week.

wr8_utd

Can't see Liverpool spending yet more money without selling players first. And why would they bid for Aguero when they have Suarez (similar) and Carrol already and usually play just one striker? Doesn't make sense.

MUFC07

It is rumoured that Liverpool and Man City have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Aguero. Personal terms have been put forward by Liverpool and Man City and it is now up to the player to decide where he is going by the end of the week.
Where would you prefer him to go?

(Are Liverpool spending more than 120m in a year?)

SATA

Aguero's not very good, is he? Perhaps on the same level of Rossi. He isn't even Alt Madrid's best player for the past 2-3 seasons i think

forevrared

He's very good but if City are getting him to replace Tevez, they'll be worse off than they were last season. I can't see any way that Aguero would step in and carry City the way Tevez has.

SATA

Yeah thought so too. Aguero is perhaps the better dribbler, but Tevez is quite a couple of miles more determined and better player, at least for now. You won't see Aguero chasing down loose balls the way he does

mufcwarm92

Aguero would never fit the Tevez role at City. The City system is nowhere near the same when Tevez isn't in the team because they lack the work rate and constant pressure that he provides. Similarly, Aguero is basically a number 10 so being a lone striker wouldn't work at all, he'd be completely isolated.

dev1l

Zamparini (palermo) is saying (on gazzetta dello sport) that he ll sell Pastore within 10 days.

He wants to sell Pastore before August, because he knows that many Italians take their holidays in august and cannot risk trying to offload pastore on the last days of the transfer window. Not to mention that by then, some of the major teams' would have already made their shopping.

wr8_utd

Cambiasso seems like he'll head to Galatasary for 10m euros. That's a strange one really, he's still quite good! I'd take him at that price..

dan_alex

The latest Sneijder twitter speculation suggests that the deadline for the deal is tomorrow, and if it doesn't go through then we are after Ganso. Also the deal is 80% likely to happen. Courtesy of "1andOnlyWalshy, dan walsh"

Siorac

Cambiasso seems like he'll head to Galatasary for 10m euros. That's a strange one really, he's still quite good! I'd take him at that price..
I'd definitely snap him up for that price, he'd still be great for two or three years. Brilliant player.

wr8_utd

Ingardia Serafino Ingardia
AC Milan may be up for sale. A meeting is currently taking place in Arcore. Silvio Berlusconi is tempted to sell due to the Mondadori issue. I received this news from a reliable source, but don't know anything else as I am in Argentina. Expect GdS & the others to be on it shortly.

dev1l

andersred Indeed vid: bit.ly/nlyNlB RT @BigRed_M Is LFC's new keeper the same Doni that was in net when we put 7 past Roma? fecking outstanding!

wr8_utd

Wesley Sneijder's father has said there has been an offer from #mcfc for him. Tevez/Sneijder swap deal also rumoured in Italy. [talkSPORT]

KM: Are you listening to Talksport tonight?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Wesley Sneijder's father has said there has been an offer from #mcfc for him. Tevez/Sneijder swap deal also rumoured in Italy. [talkSPORT]

KM: Are you listening to Talksport tonight?
I'm pretty sure they said his father said there had been an offer for us. I guess they are talking about that story that was posted on the last page.

Status
Not open for further replies.