Tyler Reid

khoazany

Impressed me tonight especially in the first half.All the talk is about Janko but I think Reid will become a very good right back in the future.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Both very strong. Reid was very good tonight but he does have an advantage in that he's built like a tank. Having said that he never stopped running. Was very positive in his play

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looked our best defender by some way to me in that German 5/6 a side youth tournament a few weeks ago. Was the only player outside of Gomes that really stood out to me.

khoazany

Looked our best defender by some way to me in that German 5/6 a side youth tournament a few weeks ago. Was the only player outside of Gomes that really stood out to me.
That's Ethan Laird from our U14s :p Him and Reid look quite similar to be fair.

Both very strong. Reid was very good tonight but he does have an advantage in that he's built like a tank. Having said that he never stopped running. Was very positive in his play
Same with Janko hence the comparison.Will all due respect to Janko's talent Reid seems to have some intelligent in his play not just kick-and-run.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's coming along and he had a good game last night but I rate his 3 partners in crime quite a bit higher.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Like already said in the "RoShaun Williams Thread"

A shame the informations/rumours in the last months were true :(

All the best to him and i'm sure he'll play Premier League football in the next years.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Like already said in the "RoShaun Williams Thread"

A shame the informations/rumours in the last months were true :(

All the best to him and i'm sure he'll play Premier League football in the next years.
Why did he leave?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I think the club thought that we have better players of his age in his position like Williams, Warren, Mensah, Tuanzabe and Olusunde.

There was no point keeping him.
No…he still has two years of his contract left and club wanted him to stay. My understanding is that he felt Mourinho wouldn't give as many players a chance and that he would have better chances to make it elsewhere.

FromTheBench

Tbh didn't see him making it at United ahead of the above mentioned defenders who all seem ahead in pecking order.

khoazany

From what I heard the club rates Osolunde and Riley higher in his position (not to mention the younger Warren) so not that bother to keep him (though still want him to stay).Of course it will be very tough for him to make it at United but it's still a shame since we have kept many worse players in the U21s in the recent years and I think he has what it takes to become a PL player.And the assessment of him against Osolunde looks questionable to me, although obviously the coaches saw them a lot more on training etc...

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How good is this guy? I got excited by Kyle Bartley a few years ago and he turned out to be a bit crap.

Brightonian

Basically he was just unfortunate to be coming through in an age group full of defensive talent. Reminds me of us letting Daehli go because the likes of Januzaj, Pereira and Harrop were his competition. Reid's potentially a very good player but for me he's never seemed quite as promising as Williams, Tuanzebe, Warren, or Timmy.

spenzo

He is nowhere near them so i dont know why is he included.....there is little or no difference between the talents of Warren and Reid.
Very good going forward, as is Reid however he's comfortably better in defence than Reid ever was so he definitely looks the better prospect. Think he's not that much less of a prospect at right back as Williams and Tuanzebe are at centre back, bit harsh to say he's nowhere near.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Very good going forward, as is Reid however he's comfortably better in defence than Reid ever was so he definitely looks the better prospect. Think he's not that much less of a prospect at right back as Williams and Tuanzebe are at centre back, bit harsh to say he's nowhere near.
I was never really impressed with Warren. To put them in tiers, id have Mensah in top prospect, Axel in good chance tier, Williams in slight chance and Warren in no chance of making it at United.