Tyrone Mings

redrobed

Would you swap him for Varane with hindsight?
Probably not. Varane cost a lot more than Mings would have and the wages are probably 3-4 times more but I think Varane’s done enough to warrant us being patient with him. It’s never easy for a player to come to another country and hit the ground running.

Mickson

I've watched Villa more closely recently thanks to Tuanzebe. I do not rate Mings. He will definitely be exposed if he played for a big team and people watched him every week. He has started this season somewhat sketchy too. The only reason he is in the England squad is that he's left-footed.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I've watched Villa more closely recently thanks to Tuanzebe. I do not rate Mings. He will definitely be exposed if he played for a big team and people watched him every week. He has started this season somewhat sketchy too. The only reason he is in the England squad is that he's left-footed.
Dodgy backpass against Chelsea aside, he's been very good this season and in the summer at the Euros. I'm glad he has this stigma over him to be honest as it means we won't have the big teams circling us for his signature every summer.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dodgy backpass against Chelsea aside, he's been very good this season and in the summer at the Euros. I'm glad he has this stigma over him to be honest as it means we won't have the big teams circling us for his signature every summer.
Always good for a mistake for pretty much a year now, that's why the big boys won't circle. He'd be too expensive for what he is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Big teams target players based on fan's perception?

They won't sign him as they think he isn't good enough for their team. There are many CBs who had very good seasons in league like Tarkowski, Ben Mee who are still at the same club.

Mickson

I thought he was awful against Watford and, as always, avoided some cards for his actions.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he was cheap or free I wouldn't mind him as a swap for Jones or Bailly in our squad - but that's more because I have a fetishism for left footed CB.

Still, would be too expensive for probably what he is.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s not very good and is a tit as well.

MUFC OK

Didn’t realise he was a Liverpool fan until someone else posted it
  1. At fault for both goals
  2. gave the ball away continuously under no pressure inciting attacks
  3. time wasted with a min to go.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Total fecking clown. One of the worst players in the league.
Saw a video that said he had the most defensive errors of any CB in the league over the last 18 months. Something like 14.

If he goes to the World Cup and Tomori stays home, it tells you everything you need to know about Southgate and his favourites.

Thiagoal

Cos he’s a ‘leader’ and got true British grit and determination- Southgate loves him! Shame he’s one of the west defenders in the league!

Pickle85

He's a thug and shite with it to boot. How he's amassed double digit caps for England is a mystery

Ludens the Red

That might be the worse cameo performance I’ve ever seen in my life. Absolute car crash defending. No wonder Gerrard hated him.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's the 2020s version of Titus Bramble.
What I just told a friend. He's the Bramble of the league

I know people like to shit on Maguire and some even had issues with his inclusion in the England team but Mings makes a Maldini out of Maguire

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I can't think of many defenders who have as much of a swing in their performance level. Mings has all the tools to be an absolutely fantastic defender, but he just makes way too many mistakes. It's why one match he can be an absolute brick wall and look like one of the best defenders in the league, then the very next he'll be all over the place and look like one of the worst.

The only time I can think of where he put a bit of a run together was the first half of 20/21 (or maybe it was 19/20?). I thought that maybe he might finally be putting it all together and living up to his potential, but he quickly went back to his usual yo-yo performances. It's actually a bit annoying as he's quite impressive to watch when he's playing well. Of course it's great when one of his bad matches happen against us. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The continual chewing of gum is really annoying.
I swear it's one of those first things you learn as a kid, don't chew gum when doing sport as you can choke.
I wonder if he jumps onto settees head first without checking what's on there too.

Quality contribution yesterday though. Amazing.

Giggsyking

I can't think of many defenders who have as much of a swing in their performance level. Mings has all the tools to be an absolutely fantastic defender, but he just makes way too many mistakes. It's why one match he can be an absolute brick wall and look like one of the best defenders in the league, then the very next he'll be all over the place and look like one of the worst.

The only time I can think of where he put a bit of a run together was the first half of 20/21 (or maybe it was 19/20?). I thought that maybe he might finally be putting it all together and living up to his potential, but he quickly went back to his usual yo-yo performances. It's actually a bit annoying as he's quite impressive to watch when he's playing well. Of course it's great when one of his bad matches happen against us. :lol:
Being long is not a tool to be a defender. He lacks everything needed to be a good defender in the EPL.

stubie

I'd struggle to think of a player I dislike more.
And me!

You just know he will be a broadcasters wet dream once he retires. He will be the new Jenas or Wright getting on every tv channel that broadcasts football.

Worked this wrong one out years ago!