Tyrone Mings

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's decent at times but also a dirty fecker who's a red card waiting to happen. Reminds me of Rojo a little bit in his rashness.

Idxomer

I’ve said a few times in the past he’s not as bad as some here like to make out.

Decent.
People exaggerate how bad he is because they don't want him at the club.

He's also a bit of a thug who so often goes out to intentionally harm other players.

RUCK4444

People exaggerate how bad he is because they don't want him at the club.

He's also a bit of a thug who so often goes out to intentionally harm other players.
Yeah I get that and agree to an extent, he’s a bit of a sh*thouse. Can still be a decent player though and I think he is for the most part.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
People don;t rate him because they consider him a poor player, because he's actually quite good.
It's more the fact that people see him as a abit of a thug.

Trequarista10

I don't mean to scare anyone but would he and Maguire be a good partnership?

I only ask because I have a bit of a interest in left footed CB's. He is decent on the ball isn't he? Or am I remembering wrong and he is a left footed smalling?
He's alright on the ball, certainly better than Smalling in that respect but that's feint praise.

He's at his level really. He'd be an okay squad player at a bigger side and being left footed is a benefit, but not starting XI material, and would presumably cost too much for someone who would be 3rd or 4th choice (at best).

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
People don;t rate him because they consider him a poor player, because he's actually quite good.
Correct. But then they use that to say he's a poor player, it's weird.

James Peril

He is just as good as Maguire, not much in it. What annoys me the most is that people hate him because of the alleged stamp on Zlatan like it was done on purpose (which it might have been), but love Zlatan for retaliating with a cowardly elbow a few minutes later. An act of utter violence non the less. Guess that says more about Zlatan and those who loved that sequence. Pathetic stuff.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is horrible. That whole Zlatan incident should have soured anyone on him. It was horrendous and he meant to do it without a thought for the player. He is cynical.

He is a decent CB, who just so happens to be a dirty thug.

Put him in the same class as the likes of Ben Thatcher, but it isn’t picked up on because he is in the England squad.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is just as good as Maguire, not much in it. What annoys me the most is that people hate him because of the alleged stamp on Zlatan like it was done on purpose (which it might have been), but love Zlatan for retaliating with a cowardly elbow a few minutes later. An act of utter violence non the less. Guess that says more about Zlatan and those who loved that sequence. Pathetic stuff.
I wonder what your reaction would be if someone stamped on your head in the heat of the moment.

No sympathy for him and was glad his behavior had a consequence.

There he is looking down and doing it again, in case you had any doubts.

Remember the geese

Just as good as Maguire :lol:
I love a good troll!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s bang average and a thug. Played well in the first two euro games but he’s a mistake waiting to happen.

gazbradley

He’s not though is he, there’s a reason he was dropped from the England team as soon as Maguire was fit enough to play. He’s a decent premier league player that’s about it

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Mings is the type of player who has all the tools, so he'll have the odd game or even a period of a month or so where he can be genuinely world class. I think it was 19/20 where he was the best defender in the league for the first two or three months of the season. However he's never been consistent, and his bad or even average games tend to involve quite a lot of stupid mistakes.

If he ever puts it all together he could be a great defender, but considering he's 28 now it's unlikely that he'll ever do it.

How can one get so much wrong in just one short post? It’s a sight to behold.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He’s bang average and a thug. Played well in the first two euro games but he’s a mistake waiting to happen.
I think this guy provided the most important contribution to the England Euros campaign.
His first 2 starts before Maguire came back I thought he was England's best player, maybe behind Sterling. Was catching a lot of flak on here before the tournament as being a liability.
Got slammed by 20+ people in Harry's performances thread calling me a troll, etc, for saying that in those first few games Mings looked a bit better on the ball than Harry in the rest of the tournament.

@Regulus Arcturus Black See some United fans love football and use their eyeballs, instead of thinking every United player is world class in everything all the time.

Got slammed by 20+ people in Harry's performances thread calling me a troll, etc, for saying that in those first few games Mings looked a bit better on the ball than Harry in the rest of the tournament.

@Regulus Arcturus Black See some United fans love football and use their eyeballs, instead of thinking every United player is world class in everything all the time.
I mean, you’ve gotta be several different kinds of fecked in the head to think that anyone saying Mings is better on the ball than Maguire is evidence of using eyeballs.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I mean, you’ve gotta be several different kinds of fecked in the head to think that anyone saying Mings is better on the ball than Maguire is evidence of using eyeballs.
You gotta be only one kind of fecked in the head to not make sure you get the context right before writing one-sentence condescending respones.

The context was the euros tournament.

Renegade

Lescott regen in my opinion. His okay, never top level though.

You gotta be only one kind of fecked in the head to not make sure you get the context right before writing one-sentence condescending respones.

The context was the euros tournament.
The euros, in which Mings played 2 games, one against Croatia and one against fecking Scotland. Whilst Maguire played against Czech, Ukraine, Denmark, Germany, Italy and had better passing and dribbling stats in every column.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I genuinely think he's a poor player, how well he played in 2 games at the Euros isn't going to change an opinion I've formed over the course of a few seasons.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Is your middle name Heed-My-Words-At-Your?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Mings better than Maguire?? I surely have heard it all now!

Maguire was in the team of the tournament for a reason, and also got selected over Mings despite not being fully match fit for a reason.

How anyone can suggest that Mings is a better ball player or just generally a better anything than Maguire is beyond me.

Anyone that suggests otherwise should probably start watching football more!

vodrake

I don't think he was even particularly stand out in the 2 matches he did play, just competent. He was immediately dropped for a half fit Maguire the moment he became available who outperformed him in every metric for the rest of the tournament

Aside from purposely stamping on multiple players which could have ended a career or worse... I can't think of anything.
He's certainly robust. I'm not aware of him doing anything that could be career ending.

He seems a fairly standard combative centre back and hasn't done anything others haven't. Is Chiellini a thug? Was Vidic a thug?

LDUred

No. The guy's an utter psychopath who tried to stamp on someone's fecking head.

People talk about Ibra's retaliation, but the whole reasong Mings stamped on Zlatan was because Zlatan humiliated him by casually throwing him to the ground like a ragdoll. It was a macho thing on Mings' part, and if Ibra's head had been rested on the ground there would have been serious damage to the player.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing more than a worse Joleon Lescott, who himself wasn’t more than fairly decent. Pretty sure he is only in the England team for his left foot and his height. His ability as a center half isn’t anywhere near the center backs England had 10-15 years ago.

stevoc

You don't even sound convinced by your own statement, which says it all.

Mings is not as good as Maguire.

One of them is the most expensive defender in the history of football, first choice and captain for one of the biggest clubs in the world and also first choice for England.

The other one is Tyrone Mings.

Ladron de redcafe

You don't even sound convinced by your own statement, which says it all.

Mings is not as good as Maguire.

One of them is the most expensive defender in the history of football, first choice and captain for one of the biggest clubs in the world and also first choice for England.

The other one is Tyrone Mings.
I'm not sure adducing someone's price tag as evidence of their level is sound logic because there are plenty of examples of expensive footballers not living up to their price tags and plenty of examples of world class players who were bought for paltry amounts. But I agree with you. Mings is nowhere near as good as McGuire.

McGuire tends to get criticism perhaps because he gets compared to past all time great defenders like Vidic and Rio, but he is an excellent defender. And I do feel that he is a step above Mings.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's certainly robust. I'm not aware of him doing anything that could be career ending.

He seems a fairly standard combative centre back and hasn't done anything others haven't. Is Chiellini a thug? Was Vidic a thug?
He literally tried to stamp on Zlatan's head and then did it the season after in the championship. That's not me being dramatic, I love a physical CB. I once cheered when Vidic got a straight red when he went through a player. What Mings has done and has tried to do with stamping on a player's heads is about as disgusting as it gets for me. That could genuinely kill someone or at the very least leave a very nasty injury. He's the definition of a thug and if it was up to me he'd of got at least a 10 game ban for those stamps.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Holy shit.

stevoc

I'm not sure adducing someone's price tag as evidence of their level is sound logic because there are plenty of examples of expensive footballers not living up to their price tags and plenty of examples of world class players who were bought for paltry amounts. But I agree with you. Mings is nowhere near as good as McGuire.

McGuire tends to get criticism perhaps because he gets compared to past all time great defenders like Vidic and Rio, but he is an excellent defender. And I do feel that he is a step above Mings.
Not always I'd agree but in this case it's applicable to highlight the difference in these players respective levels.

No one is ever paying £80m or anything close to it for mings.

Ladron de redcafe

Not always I'd agree but in this case it's applicable to highlight the difference in these players respective levels.

No one is ever paying £80m or anything close to it for mings.
I agree. There's a significant enough difference between the two that I don't see the comparison.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The euros, in which Mings played 2 games, one against Croatia and one against fecking Scotland. Whilst Maguire played against Czech, Ukraine, Denmark, Germany, Italy and had better passing and dribbling stats in every column.
I agree with you that it's harder to perform in those high pressure knockouts games, but let's not pretend Czech, Ukraine and Denmark are classes above Croatia or Scotland playing the most important game of their lives and we didn't watch Maguire pass it to Stones, back to Maguire, to Rice, back to Maguire, to Philips, back to Maguire for most of it.

I'm not drawing the conclusion that Mings is better than Maguire based on the few international games he replaced him. I'm just acknowledging Mings was good there and his ability on the ball was slightly better than Maguire's based on those select games.

You'd have to be a moron to conflate the two (am I doing this right?)

I'd happily admit Mings looking better on the ball to me was an optical illusion if you'd show me stats you just mentioned.

However, I'll say right now that I don't put a lot of value into % succesful passes and completed dribbles, because those stats don't really show the quality of the passing and probably the less dribbling both Maguire and Mings do, the better. I know there are some better stats out there, like progressive passing, key passes, etc.

Anyway, show us the columns you've seen.