U18s: Manchester City vs. Manchester United

Leonard17

Well - no reason to complain about the result. City have been a few goals better than us unfortunately
What are you talking about? You're talking absolute nonsense. All they do is play to Sancho and hope he does something. There's very little if anything between the teams.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I agree with datura that gk tackle was a yellow card offense but he can easily get a second yellow for pushing and grabbing afterwards, just like Sancho, City gk and few others + we were lucky that Williams didnt get a red card few minutes before.

bdecuc

City been a little better - not too much. Can't agree with the sending off.

WhoDaGOAT

Then Sancho should have been sent off too as he instigated it.
Players shove each other all the time in The Premier League. You can't grab by the shirt and then continue to assault the person by grabbing his neck after.

Prodigal7

Correct.

We have the better technical players on today's game.

Bad decision making at both ends of the field have been costly.
Perhaps. Sancho, Poveda and Foden are very good technically as are Gomes, Biffonge and Chong. I don't think it's decision making as such. It's the whole concept of working together to construct a goal against a well organised defence that we are struggling with. In the same way we struggled to do it last year under LVG. This is something that can be coached though.

WhoDaGOAT

Wow gangsta.
Number 1 rule in life; don't touch the body without permission.

Hoprfully he'll learn from this. Keep quiet when you've just been involved in a controversial challenge. Lost his head.

bdecuc

Well I thought we played well against a good team. Result could have been better but confirms we've a good side this season.

I know all club channels are biased but weird listening to city's commentator.

In Rainbows

Hoprfully he'll learn from this. Keep quiet when you've just been involved in a controversial challenge. Lost his head.
Don't think he lost his head. Two city players went after him. Then after all that the City keeper went after him.

Prodigal7

The onlt time that commentator wasn't talking shite was when he said O'Connor was our MoTM. Thought he was really good defensively today.

datura

So you would run up behind a player, shove him in that back, then if he reacted you'd 'knock him out'. Keep going, you're quite entertaining.

WhoDaGOAT

Don't think he lost his head. Two city players went after him. Then after all that the City keeper went after him.
It was just a push. He should have pushed him back and moved on. They probably said something that hit a nerve. A good learning curve for the lad.

WhoDaGOAT

So you would run up behind a player, shove him in that back, then if he reacted you'd 'knock him out'. Keep going, you're quite entertaining.
I wouldn't shove him in the first place. But yes, if anyone grabbed me by the neck.

What amazes me is that tough defenders like Chiellini and Ivanović did nothing when Suárez bit them. They would have been well within their rights. That is the very definition of assault.

Prodigal7

Gribbin would have been a big difference in this game. We missed a cohesive unit that could unlock a defense and I have to say, by Gomes' own high standards, I was a little disappointed he couldn't do more this game.

MJJ

The 2 full backs ain't full backs naturally, and our partnership in the middle is new, chill out.
What are you talking about? You're talking absolute nonsense. All they do is play to Sancho and hope he does something. There's very little if anything between the teams.
You need to calm down, both those comments were more than fair.

WhoDaGOAT

The biggest positive to take from the game is that we stopped leaking goals.

jb8521

Thought we did well today up until some poor decision making in the final third. Considering we had a few players playing out of position and most of City's side have been together for a few years and many of ours have only been playing together for a month I didn't think there was a huge difference between the teams. O'Connor was excellent again it's just a pity we were missing Warren,Ercolani and Dunne because I'd like to have seen how O'Connor did at right back against Sancho.

Blzbud

Great game! City were impressive, no two ways about it, and largely in control, though we had our moments and there were good signs for us despite the result. Lee O'Connor was immense and, as this is the first time I've seen him properly, I'm genuinely excited about the player he could become. Bit racist maybe, but I thought there was something Keanoesque about his performance today. Williams was rusty but got better as the game went on and he too is still a player whose development is exciting to think about.

Don't think we saw anything to say that our best players are not as good as City's best players in terms of skill and technique, but as a team we lack a bit on physicality at this level. But I would still give a lot of credit to that City team. Sancho and Foden were their standouts for me in this game and both are first year scholars, I believe, so fair play to them, that's quite impressive. The feckers

WhoDaGOAT

Thought we did well today up until some poor decision making in the final third. Considering we had a few players playing out of position and most of City's side have been together for a few years and many of ours have only been playing together for a month I didn't think there was a huge difference between the teams. O'Connor was excellent again it's just a pity we were missing Warren,Ercolani and Dunne because I'd like to have seen how O'Connor did at right back against Sancho.
O'Connor is going to lead The Republic to glory at a European Championship á la Greece. ;)

jb8521

O'Connor is going to lead The Republic to glory at a European Championship á la Greece. ;)
Haha I hope so. From what I've heard the coaches have been extremely impressed with how well he's adapted to the full time training which can often be a problem for the lads coming over from Ireland

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was thinking the same thing, and also what his ability going forward could've done for our attacking balance. He's been very good at CB but it's a bit of a shame to shackle such a terrific runner.

F the result, the ref screwed us when we were in the ascendancy. Sancho was brilliant and based on that performance looks like a talent perhaps on par with Angel or thereabouts. But today did nothing to indicate that the rest of City's golden generation are more talented than the likes of the clever and exciting Chong, the aforementioned O'Connor, etc. I can easily see us getting our revenge at Carrington.

jb8521

I was thinking the same thing, and also what his ability going forward could've done for our attacking balance. He's been very good at CB but it's a bit of a shame to shackle such a terrific runner.

F the result, the ref screwed us when we were in the ascendancy. Sancho was brilliant and based on that performance looks like a talent perhaps on par with Angel or thereabouts. But today did nothing to indicate that the rest of City's golden generation are more talented than the likes of the clever and exciting Chong, the aforementioned O'Connor, etc. I can easily see us getting our revenge at Carrington.
Yeah we could have done with him as an outlet down the right especially with Chong looking to come inside all the time