U18s Squad Season 2018-2019

khoazany

Assuming we'll still sign a couple more like Sam Greenwood. It's really a bit crowded isn't it?

Striker: Greenwood x 2, Mellor, Elanga, Odubeko?
Wingers/AMs: Ramazani, McGhee, McCann, Haygarth, Neville
CMs: Traore, Garner, Puigmal, Levitt, Galbraith, Vint, Helm
FBs: Laird, B.Williams, Denham
CBs: Bernard, Mengi, Bejger, Hockerhull, Denham
GKs: Thompson, Carney

I was thinking maybe we'll have 3 of this bunch get promoted directly to the U23s. Traore, Garner, Laird? Greenwood is a possibility too. And maybe try Neville at RB? Otherwise there'll be some good talents having to sit on the bench. Thoughts?

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Assuming we'll still sign a couple more like Sam Greenwood. It's really a bit crowded isn't it?

Striker: Greenwood x 2, Mellor, Odubeko?

I was thinking maybe we'll have 3 of this bunch get promoted directly to the U23s. Traore, Garner, Laird? Greenwood is a possibility too. And maybe try Neville at RB? Otherwise there'll be some good talents having to sit on the bench. Thoughts?
Garner certainly doesn't belong in an U18 side. Imo - the most consistent performer last season

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles

Laird and Traore still with U18s? Garner and Greenwood should move up too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Odubeko is still U15 isn't he?

Also do you think we are signing Sam Greenwood? Last I read, he was going to Stuggart.

dr.twinny

Depends on who's going out on loan from the u23s.

Garner, Traoré, Laird and Greenwood would be my pick. Hopefully Puigmal will be promoted later on in the season.

khoazany

Odubeko is still U15 isn't he?

Also do you think we are signing Sam Greenwood? Last I read, he was going to Stuggart.
U16s next season.

I think we'll either sign him or another English talent. Gutted that Ben Knight went to City, I like him a lot.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
2 out Garner, Traoré, Puigmal will surely step up to meet the U-23 shortage in midfield?
I'd have Garner promoted and then with Hamilton, Whelan, Buffonge and Barlow, Gomes, and maybe Gribbin for more attacking role the numbers should be fine.

Traore has barely kicked a ball and should get game time with the u18s and Puigmal has shown very little to warrant early promotion.

dr.twinny

2 out Garner, Traoré, Puigmal will surely step up to meet the U-23 shortage in midfield?
Definitely Garner at the biggest probability of being promoted. Traoré, despite a stop start first season, was included in the u23 squad on a number of occasions last season. So I don't think it's too farfetched he could be promoted as well. Puigmal needs games with u18s, but with his talent I can see him stepping up in the 2nd half of the season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Striker: Greenwood x 2, Mellor, Elanga, Odubeko?

Could you please make a graphic (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/u18s-first-year-scholars-season-2017-2018.428994/#post-20987039) like last season? :)

jb8521

Do you know if there are any plans for the 18s and 23s to go to a training camp in Austria as they did around this time last year ?

Remember reading that the coaches thought it went well having the two age groups together.
Yeah they're going back to Austria next week

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Yeah they're going back to Austria next week
Cheers @jb8521

Seem to recall MUTV did an hour long programme about the Austria trip which they showed before last season started or just after, if they do the same again this year it might be the first chance for some of us to find out who this years new scholars are, have you any idea why there is such a delay making the announcement this year ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Any chance we might see Williams or Laird pushed up to the U23s at some point this season?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Any chance we might see Williams or Laird pushed up to the U23s at some point this season?
You'd have to think so. The backline is looking a bit light in numbers unless I'm missing someone. RoShaun should go on loan. Then we only have Tanner and O'Connor for fullback and O'Connor may be needed at CB with only Warren, Ercolani, and Dunne. So could be in need of a fullback, more likely on the left side for Brandon Williams unless we switch Tanner to the left.

jb8521

Cheers @jb8521

Seem to recall MUTV did an hour long programme about the Austria trip which they showed before last season started or just after, if they do the same again this year it might be the first chance for some of us to find out who this years new scholars are, have you any idea why there is such a delay making the announcement this year ?
The scholarships are normally announced by the club around the 8th/9th of July for some reason so will probably be announced in the next few days I'd say

Class of 63

Sourness
The scholarships are normally announced by the club around the 8th/9th of July for some reason so will probably be announced in the next few days I'd say
Might have missed it but there doesn't seem to have been any leaks about the new Scholars this year as there normally are, there might be an odd player not mentioned but we usually know most if not all of the names long before the club announce them. It can't all be guess work from those that get the chance to watch the 16s on a regular basis.

khoazany

Might have missed it but there doesn't seem to have been any leaks about the new Scholars this year as there normally are, there might be an odd player not mentioned but we usually know most if not all of the names long before the club announce them. It can't all be guess work from those that get the chance to watch the 16s on a regular basis.
Yes, we already knew apart from the new signings. Where else do you think the list on the OP came from :D Those that were released from the U16s already got their new clubs.

Class of 63

Sourness
Yes, we already knew apart from the new signings. Where else do you think the list on the OP came from :D Those that were released from the U16s already got their new clubs.
I did think that when I first saw the thread, but the question mark alongside Mipo Odupenko(and me not knowing his actual d.o.b)I wasn't sure if he'd been offered a Scholarship, or he was still only 15 but you felt he might feature for the 18s this season, that'll teach me not to ask ;)

Is it likely Alfie Hughes will feature for the 18s this season, or is he still young enough to play for the 16s ?

jb8521

I did think that when I first saw the thread, but the question mark alongside Mipo Odupenko(and me not knowing his actual d.o.b)I wasn't sure if he'd been offered a Scholarship, or he was still only 15 but you felt he might feature for the 18s this season, that'll teach me not to ask ;)

Is it likely Alfie Hughes will feature for the 18s this season, or is he still young enough to play for the 16s ?
Odubeko & Hughes are both u16s for this season

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Who are hockerhull and Denham in the OP? Never really heard of them.

Also Sam Greenwood is going to Arsenal, I think.

jb8521

Who are hockerhull and Denham in the OP? Never really heard of them.

Also Sam Greenwood is going to Arsenal, I think.
Ben Hockenhull & Ollie Denham. Both can play CB or RB

jb8521

Odupenko, deary me. That'll teach me not to post when i'm half sleep, and obviously thinking about Russia :lol:

Cheers, thought erm Mipo was still too young for a Scholarship this year, but wasn't sure about Alfie Hughes
:lol: I hadn't even noticed Odupenko. Yeah they're both late 02s so still u16 at club level

settembrini

Have we replaced McKenna yet?

I hope we will have another young, highly regarded coach with the under 18s like we had last season. Watching them was a welcome relief from the first team and Sbragia's dire u23s.

jb8521

Cheers, what's the feeling about Charlie, is he rated as highly as his Dad was ?
From the little I've seen of him he looks decent, very good technically, can play in pretty much any attacking position but could probably do with nailing down a specific position.