U18s: United v City

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Game kicks off at 11pm later today, and should be live on MUTV.

Demaw

Looking forward to it, a big test for us because we probably will make some changes. The question is: will you still be awake for this?!
You must be in Australia as that's the time it comes on here ;)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Quite a few of regulars rested. Mainoo one of them.

GueRed

Looks nice and sunny up north. Could do with some of that down here

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How's Forson getting on this year?

Thiagoal

Kambwala has really regressed since the injuries. He seems cumbersome and technically poor. Hope he has a good spell injury free to get his mojo back

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Kambwala has really regressed since the injuries. He seems cumbersome and technically poor. Hope he has a good spell injury free to get his mojo back
I don't think I really saw him before his injury. Did he look good? He's almost always looked clumsy and a little off the pace when I've seen him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think I really saw him before his injury. Did he look good? He's almost always looked clumsy and a little off the pace when I've seen him
He's a very good young CB that I even watched in France when he was playing for Sochaux. There's much more to come from him as long as he can steer clear from injuries.

SmashedHombre

1-3 is probably not an unfair result. There has been a clear gulf in quality between the players and we've thrown in a few of our trademark defensive errors for good measure.

Mickson

How's Forson getting on this year?
Disappointing season for him, mostly due to injuries. He has not come up to the same level he showed last season but time is on his side still. I would say pretty much the same for Kambwala - too many injuries.

Overall United has been poor. Started off brightly but City used the space behind our wingbacks. I have no idea why they chopping and changing with formations, but I don't think I've been impressed - ever - when they've played three at the back. Ennis is a disappointment so far but Norkett keeps scoring and good to see Hugill back, looks like a threat. I think our left side is really poor with Murray and Aljofree involved in almost all goals we've conceded.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very poor goal to give away at the end of the first half. I thought we should've been level going in at half time before the error from Aljofree.

SmashedHombre

Out of the eleven that are starting for us today, I only see Hansen-Aarøen with a chance of making it with us long term.
Same, if I'm honest. This is a poor group. Oyedele is the only other who looks like he might have something about him.

Robbo*

Same, if I'm honest. This is a poor group. Oyedele is the only other who looks like he might have something about him.
agreed, although as noted above there could be more to come from Kambwala injuries permitting. Haven’t seen enough of Norkett to know how promising he is.

Connor C

He hasn’t really played much since joining. I’d be surprised if he’s played more than 9/10 games since joining last season. We’ve got plenty of games at 18s level so hopefully he can get some more games under his belt and we can see what he’s all about

SmashedHombre

agreed, although as noted above there could be more to come from Kambwala injuries permitting. Haven’t seen enough of Norkett to know how promising he is.
I don't think Norkett has a hope in hell of making it here. He's looked unimpressive every time I have seen him.

Nice to see Mather and Mainoo on. Two players who definitely do have a lot of potential.

SmashedHombre

1-4 with City looking like they've yet to need to get out of first gear.

SmashedHombre

FT: 1-5. Thank god that is over. We put out a poor team but, even so, the gulf in class was huge. Mainoo came on for about 15 minutes and still managed to look like our best player.

Mickson

A coaching miss, the team didn't seem to be well prepared at all which is disappointing. I would have liked to see us be more competitive and smart, but instead, we just gave them goal after goal. I can't figure out why we do that. The only decent ones today were the subs, but great to see Hugill and Kambwala back, as well as Forson who all three has had injury troubles.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Disappointing season for him, mostly due to injuries. He has not come up to the same level he showed last season but time is on his side still. I would say pretty much the same for Kambwala - too many injuries.

Overall United has been poor. Started off brightly but City used the space behind our wingbacks. I have no idea why they chopping and changing with formations, but I don't think I've been impressed - ever - when they've played three at the back. Ennis is a disappointment so far but Norkett keeps scoring and good to see Hugill back, looks like a threat. I think our left side is really poor with Murray and Aljofree involved in almost all goals we've conceded.
Shame, i liked the look of him last season. Hope he can get a run of games under his belt and kick on again.

Mickson

Shame, i liked the look of him last season. Hope he can get a run of games under his belt and kick on again.
Yeah the talent is there but he has not been playing very well. As you say, hopefully, he can kick on and stay clear of injuries.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The City 3rd goal changed the whole complexion of the game imo. It was a bad error from Aljofree at a time when we had chances to make it 2-2 at the interval. And then when you're chasing the game against City and they have very quick wide attackers like Carlos Borges, who is rapid. Then the potential for them cutting you open in quick transitions is a very real threat when we have to take chances and commit more players in attack, hence leaving bigger spaces to defend for the back line.

Mainoo I thought looked very good when he came on and was possibly our best player on the ball.