U18s: United vs Man City | Premier League Cup Winners!

saik

Poor from Scanlon. Don't know whether it was a shot/cross. Could have easily been our 3rd goal.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The consistently high quality and performances across the entire 'squad' is what makes this a strong team, more than any particular standout individuals. You can see that in the way everyone has different favourites, without much consensus on who is 'best'.
It’s quite rare that, especially in youth teams? There’s normally 1 or 2 who stand out but this lot have a good goalie, a few good defenders, midfielders and forwards. You take players out and the replacements are good too.

On the goals, I loved both of them. It could look like “an aimless hoof” but that’s a well aimed kick, a good flick and a player making the run in anticipation of the flick… good goals can be simple and direct.

And the second, I do like a forward who just thinks “bit tight, I’m going to lash it!” Wheatley can score lots of different goals.

A really likeable group?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Regarding the HT subs, of course it was pre-planned and instructed by EtH, but it’s equally nice that those that came on will feel very much a part of the potential success having played half of it.

Last edited:

saik

Biancheri hits the post! Scanlon somehow keeps the ball on the right wing and crosses it towards Biancheri. Getting close to that 3rd goal.

top1whoisman

Scout
Sneaky from the City player there. Saw we were on the attack so he kicked the extra ball on the pitch towards our players in possession.

top1whoisman

Scout
Somehow it feels despite this being very much under control, that we need that third goal soon.

saik

Sneaky from the City player there. Saw we were on the attack so he kicked the extra ball on the pitch towards our players in possession.
I know they are kids so are given a bit of leeway but that kind of dirty play annoys me.

top1whoisman

Scout
I know they are kids so are given a bit of leeway but that kind of dirty play annoys me.
Yeah I get that. It was annoying but I must say I laughed at it. Probably wouldn’t have if this was more tight.

saik

Another offside from City. That's like 5 or 6 tonight.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Scanlon and Bianchieri again linking up well

top1whoisman

Scout
67’

City with a double sub.

Fletcher and Dunbar-McDonald on for Warhurst and Naylor.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Devanay should have looked to pass. Brilliant by Scanlon

top1whoisman

Scout
69’

Devaney’s away and tries to go round Brits. Should’ve passed it to Biancheri there. Would’ve been an easy tap-in and game over.

saik

City certainly have improved in the 2nd half. Getting quite a lot of corners for my liking. It might be just my PTSD from watching the first team defend them though as these lot are defending them well.

saik

Lacey coming on for Fletcher. Hopefully we can put this game to bed soon. We've had couple of very good chances to score in the 2nd half.

top1whoisman

Scout
Perhaps. Would be interesting to hear the reasoning. There doesn't look to be much between them.
To me Kingdon is better, more composed on the ball and more solid defensively. Jackson on his day is decent but I rate Kingdon higher. Maybe Jackson is athletically a little ahead so that could be one reason too.

top1whoisman

Scout
City certainly have improved in the 2nd half. Getting quite a lot of corners for my liking. It might be just my PTSD from watching the first team defend them though as these lot are defending them well.
They are but so far we have defended our box ever so well.

saik

Didn't knew City have a Ake regen. That lad looks so much like him. :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
If only Wheatley used his frame as well as little Biancheri. Another booking for City.

saik

They are but so far we have defended our box ever so well.
Yup, said as much in my post as well that we are defending them well. It's just that watching the first team defend corners makes me nervous as hell. :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
We’ve missed a few chances to put this to bed, but other than that we’re managing the game pretty well. City have most of the ball but whenever we get it, we’re doing well to slow the game down, win free kicks etc.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Lacey still has that bit about him doesn't he! Very fun to watch.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
When most of the under 21s seem to be mainly under 18s and consequently are playing better than earlier in the season, one can only be optimistic for the future....as long as the kids train on. I think there are a few could make it, and a few more who will make a decent living out of football

top1whoisman

Scout
84’

Decent effort from Henderson-Hall, tipped over by Harrison. Half a minute later it’s another good save from Harrison.

saik

Good save by Harrison again. Come on lads, let's see this game out without making it a nervy ending.

Edit : feck. I'm a bit behind it seems.