U18s : United vs Newcastle

saik

Surprised to see no thread on this yet. You are slacking @top1whoisman :p

Edit : Seems like the original tweet got deleted.

Last edited:

Gungerz

U18s are playing Newcastle, it's the 21s playing Blackburn (1-0 up).

lysglimt

Scout
U21's are 1-0 up against Blackburn after an owngoal by Patrick Gamble - a name like that for a defender, must be a bad tabloids dream

Vitek, Murray, Bennett, Aljofree, Kingdon - Shoretire, Gore, Oyedele - Forson, Hugill and Mejia (subs: Williams, Mee, Scanlon, Collyer, Kambwala)

lysglimt

Scout
A bit sad to see we have broken up the Munro / Kingdon partnership that has been so successful - Kingdon moved up to the U21 and Munro starts on the bench

saik

U21's are 1-0 up against Blackburn after an owngoal by Patrick Gamble - a name like that for a defender, must be a bad tabloids dream

Vitek, Murray, Bennett, Aljofree, Kingdon - Shoretire, Gore, Oyedele - Forson, Hugill and Mejia (subs: Williams, Mee, Scanlon, Collyer, Kambwala)
Looks like Gore is back to playing with U21's now that Eriksen and McT are fit again. A shame, would have liked to see more of him for the senior team.

saik

Looks like the Newcastle team turned up a bit late.

saik

1'

Missin with a good run into the box after a poor pass from the Newcastle defenders, but is cleared away. 0-0.

United 1-0

saik

3'

Goal United 1-0. Curley with the goal.

Amass with the cross which Wheatley should have scored but the rebound falls to Curley who scores.

DevTheRed

What’s happened to Ibragimov? Haven’t seen his name around for a while.

saik

6'

Nice bright start from us. Newcastle barely getting a sniff of the ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
1-0 up and a box of McNuggets in hand, do Saturday mornings get better than this?

saik

9'
Amass with a good run down the left again, but the cross is too close to the GK who collects it comfortably.

saik

10'

Newcastle getting into the game a bit more now. Emerson with a nice dribble into the box, saved by Harrison.

United 2-0

AltiUn

Might be blind but I do think the Newcastle player may have got a touch on the ball for that penalty. Wheatley chips it in to make it 2-0.

saik

12'

Penalty to United. Fitzgerald brought down in the box. Wheatley to take it. 2-0. Cheeky panenka penalty.

saik

24'

Poor pass from Harrison. Lucky to get away with that.

United 3-0

AltiUn

Daresay that was a Greenwood-esque finish by Lacey, we must be coaching that kind of finishing in the academy - fantastic goal. Running riot here.

Newcastle score immediately from kick off after a pretty well worked goal.

saik

Daresay that was a Greenwood-esque finish by Lacey, we must be coaching that kind of finishing in the academy - fantastic goal. Running riot here.
Yea, I can't understand people who are not excited by him. By far the biggest talent in our u18's I think.

AltiUn

Lacey is the next one that's a cert to make it to the 1st team?
Not a cert but definitely the most talented we've had in a while.

Amass is ridiculously good on the ball but his defending is suspect and that's putting it kindly.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Newcastle score immediately from kick off after a pretty well worked goal.
I think if my memory serves me correctly, Greenwood would thump the ball cleaner, low back lift.

United 3-1

saik

27'

Newcastle get one back. Amass loses his man who cuts it back into the box for them to score. United 3-1.

AltiUn

I think if my memory serves me correctly, Greenwood would thump the ball cleaner, low back lift.
He scored a few like the one Lacey did, was a deceptively good finish that.

AltiUn

Lacey's bit of play was fantastic there, shame Fitzgerald(?) was pulled back. There's 100% gonna be a sending off here today.

saik

Lacey's bit of play was fantastic there, shame Fitzgerald was pulled back. There's 100% gonna be a sending off here today.
Both FItzgerald and the Newcastle player into the book. Already a couple of yellow cards on both teams.

Borninthe80ts

I do think we have a issue a with concentration sometimes, but it’s to be expected at this level I suppose. We need to be careful playing out too, sometimes one touch will do.
I do like Mcallister though. Very committed.

AltiUn

That's a ridiculously soft yellow, feck off Ref.

Newcastle a pube away from a second goal :nervous:

saik

35'

Another yellow card for United. Curley booked.