U18s : United vs Newcastle

saik

That's a ridiculously soft yellow, feck off Ref.

Newcastle a pube away from a second goal :nervous:
Their attacker basically left alone at the edge of the box. Newcastle very close to a 2nd there. Remains 3-1 for now.

saik

41'

Amass with good defensive work. Corner to Newcastle. Nothing comes of it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think we did well to endure the Newcastle pressure after their goal, Missin does a lot of the dirty work for this side.

Half time

saik

HT.

United 3-1 Newcastle. A couple of iffy moments where the defence had lapses of concentration where Newcastle could have scored another but a very good half from United.

saik

Think we did well to endure the Newcastle pressure after their goal, Missin does a lot of the dirty work for this side.
Yea him and Amass look like they have good understanding down the left. Amass certainly looks good going forward but not too sure about his defensive work.

lysglimt

Scout
Strange game - we were completely in control of the game and a stupid goal to give away - and now you feel this could be tight. Jackson and Nolan have not been at the top of their game - Wheatley has been fairly quiet and Curley has given away the ball a few times.

I would also say that they one thing this team really lacks - is a lot of pace. Our left-side is very quick - but going forward, Missin is our only really fast player. But with the ball at their feet, there are a lot of really good players

lysglimt

Scout
Yea him and Amass look like they have good understanding down the left. Amass certainly looks good going forward but not too sure about his defensive work.
He is 16 years old - he has a lot of time to learn. Alvaro Fernandez at 18 looked a lot worse defensively than Amass at 16.

saik

He is 16 years old - he has a lot of time to learn. Alvaro Fernandez at 18 looked a lot worse defensively than Amass at 16.
Not disputing that. Just that his attacking game is more rounded. The whole defence looked shaky at times though, giving the ball away with poor passes, losing their man. So not going to put all blame on Amass.

AltiUn

U21s are drawing 2-2 against Blackburn, OG and Shoretire with our goals.

saik

U21s are leading 4-2 now. Forson with the fourth for United.

saik

46'

Great work from Amass and Missin again down the left. Cross from Amass falls to Wheatley who fails to get it on target.

saik

49'

Brilliant goal from Curley. United 4-1 now.

saik

55'

Missin with some wonderful footwork, gets a shot in which is saved by the GK.

AltiUn

Newcastle aren't at the races at all at the minute.

saik

62'

Substituion for United. Wheatley goes off for Musa.

AltiUn

I see this referee decided to put his brain in the microwave at HT

saik

I know Lacey scored that wonderful goal but I'm much more impressed by Missin. Has put in so much of the dirty work helping out Amass and has been involved a lot more in our attacking play. Lacey seems to go quiet for parts of the game.

saik

70'

Good work by Lacey but his shot is weak and straight at the GK.

saik

71'

Substitution for United. Fitzgerald is replaced by Baumann.

saik

75'

Good run from McAllister. Should have crossed earlier but it goes out for a corner.

AltiUn

75'

Good run from McAllister. Should have crossed earlier but it goes out for a corner.
Went out for a corner but Lacey did a lovely little turn before ref said it was out, genuinely one of the best dribblers we've had at this level in years.

saik

76'

Amass is now substituted for Kukonki. Good game from Amass. Him and Missin most impressive for me from todays game.

saik

Went out for a corner but Lacey did a lovely little turn before ref said it was out, genuinely one of the best dribblers we've had at this level in years.
On the ball, he is the best player in this team but I'd like to see more of him off the ball. Like I said earlier, Missin is so much more involved that Lacey. Hopefully comes with age.

Zlatans Knee

There are a few really good prospects in this u-18 squad. Can’t wait to see the progress of Lacey and Amass if they can stay fit. McAllister at right back has been brilliant as well.

AltiUn

How does McAllister look natural in every position he plays?

Missin has been sensational today.

lysglimt

Scout
Misisn' really is something special - pace, hard-working, dangerous and even good defensively

saik

How does McAllister look natural in every position he plays?

Missin has been sensational today.
Wait, what was his original position? He has looked really good at right back. :lol:

AltiUn

On the ball, he is the best player in this team but I'd like to see more of him off the ball. Like I said earlier, Missin is so much more involved that Lacey. Hopefully comes with age.
He's a bit like Angel Gomes in that regard, was always one of my biggest gripes with him.

saik

86'

United 5-1. Lacey with the easiest of the tap ins. Great work from Missin again, lays it on a plate for Lacey's 2nd goal.