U18s: United vs Stoke

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Saturday 13 April
11:00 BST
Live on MUTV

We need six more points to guarantee the PL North trophy and access to the league final, most likely against Chelsea.

Looking forward to Lacey making his comeback.

top1whoisman

Scout
No McAllister of Wheatley. Glad to see Lacey, Thwaites & Plunkett on the bench though.

Edit: Only 10 starters mentioned in the tweet.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wonder why are England u16/17 matches scheduled in a crucial stretch of league.

KM

No McAllister of Wheatley. Glad to see Lacey, Thwaites & Plunkett on the bench though.

Edit: Only 10 starters mentioned in the tweet.
He says in the follow up tweet that McAllister is starting.

top1whoisman

Scout
I think McAllister might be at CB today, Nolan at LB.
Think it’ll be Nolan at CB, Kamason at LB, but we’ll find out soon enough. Could theoretically even be Williams at LB and McAllister at CM but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Gungerz

Uh oh, they have a trialist keeper so you just know he'll turn into Lev Yashin reincarnate.

saik

Kamason should have squared there. Got greedy. But we end up scoring moments later anyways. Biancheri with the goal.

Gungerz

Uh oh, they have a trialist keeper so you just know he'll turn into Lev Yashin reincarnate.
Well, I'm not sure Yashin was particularly well-known for his ball playing ability to be fair.

saik

Good pressing by us. Scanlon wins the ball and finishes it well. 2-0.

top1whoisman

Scout
It’s pretty impressive how effortless McAllister makes it look regardless of the position he plays.

Borninthe80ts

Devaney’s close control and passing range continues to impress me. Really composed.

top1whoisman

Scout
I've not watched the U18s regularly since I lived in Manchester. But everything I hear from this bunch sounds promising!!
Yeah it’s a good group of players. The best we’ve had since the Gomes days but this lot are so much better defensively than that one.

KM

Looks like Wheatley on bench for first team today.

saik

Wonderful goal by Scanlon again. Fletcher does well to pick him out. 3-0.

lysglimt

Scout
Strange thing is - a lot of our players have been at least 2 levels below their usual levels, and we are still heads and shoulders above Stoke

top1whoisman

Scout
Strange thing is - a lot of our players have been at least 2 levels below their usual levels, and we are still heads and shoulders above Stoke
I think that’s a bit harsh. The defense has been as solid as ever, Devaney & Scanlon totally bossing the game, Biancheri being a nuisance…

We haven’t been superb no, but in my opinion only perhaps Kamason and Sharpe have been a bit underwhelming. And in Sharpe’s case it’s more of the same we’ve mainly seen from him since he joined.

Williams hasn’t done anything special but keeps the ball moving and makes the right decision in possession every single time.

Ekeke

Both fullbacks doing well going forward. A great run earlier with Kamasson in behind the defence and Nolan playing a long pass in for him to take down and get a shot away. A few passes. But Nolan has constantly played some nice passes in behind and a good cross with his left for Biancheri

Williams some loose touches and not so great decisions but also his press led to one of Scanlon's goals, Jack Fletcher a bit quiet and not too involved but has come deep to help clean up a few times.

Scanlon some very nicely taken goals and a good crosss for Biancheri's goal

McAllister loving playing at the back and getting some nice physical challenges in. Kingdon has taken care of the ball in the air and McAllister has confronted the forwards on the floor

Biancheri's movement good as ever, 1 goal but he might have had a few more

ariel

This team really is great. everything is ticking no matter who is playing.
Obviously Scanlon is having a good game with two goals and an assist. McAllister slotted in as a CB as if he always plays in that position. Nolan is also having a very good game, though he did have that silly yellow.
Williams is fairly anonymous and Kamason is a little poor

Ekeke

I think that’s a bit harsh. The defense has been as solid as ever, Devaney & Scanlon totally bossing the game, Biancheri being a nuisance…

We haven’t been superb no, but in my opinion only perhaps Kamason and Sharpe have been a bit underwhelming. And in Sharpe’s case it’s more of the same we’ve mainly seen from him since he joined.

Williams hasn’t done anything special but keeps the ball moving and makes the right decision in possession every single time.
The ball has bounced off him and his first touch to an opponent several times, he lost the ball running at his man as well. He's played some correct passes too but I expect more from him at u18 level. A mixed bag at best

top1whoisman

Scout
The ball has bounced off him and his first touch to an opponent several times, he lost the ball running at his man as well. He's played some correct passes too but I expect more from him at u18 level. A mixed bag at best
That’s fair.