U18s v. Wolves

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A very mature bunch of players -- very patient in swinging the ball from side to side, probing in trying to break down a team that isn't doing anything else but defend with 10 men.

mancsarered

Saw it mentioned somewhere that McNeil has a better goal scoring record this season than Mason Greenwood did in his spectacular season with the 18's.

lysglimt

Scout
I gave mcNeill a lot of criticism at the start of the season for being lazy - my GOD how he has improved in that respect. What a player that guy is

Drainy

I gave mcNeill a lot of criticism at the start of the season for being lazy - my GOD how he has improved in that respect. What a player that guy is
I'm sure the coaching staff agreed at the time!

I am concerned that the City assessment of him might prove to be the case in the end, but he's been a great goal scorer at this level.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Saw it mentioned somewhere that McNeil has a better goal scoring record this season than Mason Greenwood did in his spectacular season with the 18's.
He has, but also doesn't pass the eye test to anywhere near the same extent Greenwood did. Also he doesn't stand out as head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch like Greenwood did.

lysglimt

Scout
He has, but also doesn't pass the eye test to anywhere near the same extent Greenwood did. Also he doesn't stand out as head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch like Greenwood did.
I think Greenwood played less than McNeill did - correct me if I am wrong, but I have a feeling Greenwood had something like 22-23 goals 9-10 assists in less than 20 matches in all competitions.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
I think Greenwood played less than McNeill did - correct me if I am wrong, but I have a feeling Greenwood had something like 22-23 goals 9-10 assists in less than 20 matches in all competitions.
That might be it alright, only reason I know McNeill has equaled (and now surpassed) the record is because the commentators on MUTV mentioned he had. Would make sense that he done it in fewer games as McNeill certainly looks nowhere near the same level. It also might be to do with the type of goals too, Greenwood often was scoring great solo efforts where McNeill seems to love a first time finish, much more of a poacher than Greenwood ever was.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
allegedly they assessed that his goal scoring won't translate to higher levels
I get that feeling a bit myself, obviously United's coaches rate Hugill higher as well since he is the one they promoted to the U23 team. Hopefully we will be proven wrong though.

lysglimt

Scout
Getting a bit tiring watching Fernandes give away goal after goal

lysglimt

Scout
Iqbal copying Paul Scholes goal against Blackburn in 2006-2007 by dancing past 3 defenders and slotting home

NYAS

Iqbal proving himself to the jokers on here who said that he wasn’t talented and that being Asian was the factor that “may have tipped the balance” in giving him the pro contract

lysglimt

Scout
I might be wrong here - but I think Pye, Kambwala, Bennett, Jurado, Vittek, Hansen Aarøen, Shoretire, Iqbal, Forson, Hugll, McNeill and Garnacho all are young enough to play in the FA Youth Cup next year

That can be a scary FA Youth Cup side next season

lenny_1248

Seems like we have a nice balance in middle of the pitch: Svidersky/Savage are more defence-oriented CM's and Hansen/Iqbal are more attack-oriented CM's/AM's.
Though Hansen lookes more and more better defensively.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I'm glad I'm not the only one wary of Fernandez. Has had some cracking games but bloody hell he makes some terrible decisions (i know its youth football)

jb8521

I might be wrong here - but I think Pye, Kambwala, Bennett, Jurado, Vittek, Hansen Aarøen, Shoretire, Iqbal, Forson, Hugll, McNeill and Garnacho all are young enough to play in the FA Youth Cup next year

That can be a scary FA Youth Cup side next season
All eligible next season apart from Iqbal