U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament

Blzbud

Wasn’t on high horse, just think his inside info. Was a useful addition to all the opinion based on limited available info. Clearly had worked in the game or had a boy in the system, because he used to drop in some good exclusives. Keep your enemies close as they say.
Well, while some of what you say is true - and he clearly had insider info from having had a son in the set-up - his reason for leaving was bizarre. A twitter post about an injury to an u16 player, the implication seemingly that it was an unethical thing to do. You can certainly argue for that point of view, but when you post messages in an online forum about individual players in the youth set-up and their ‘inadequacies’ (as Beaucoup often did) the moral ground becomes a bit shaky. It’s wrong to post injury information about youth players, but fine to slag them off for not being good enough players!? Doesn’t add up, at least by my reckoning.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Well, while some of what you say is true - and he clearly had insider info from having had a son in the set-up - his reason for leaving was bizarre. A twitter post about an injury to an u16 player, the implication seemingly that it was an unethical thing to do. You can certainly argue for that point of view, but when you post messages in an online forum about individual players in the youth set-up and their ‘inadequacies’ (as Beaucoup often did) the moral ground becomes a bit shaky. It’s wrong to post injury information about youth players, but fine to slag them off for not being good enough players!? Doesn’t add up, at least by my reckoning.
Yeap, good points. Lacey himself retweeted the tweet and replied to it, so I take the info as legitimate. Quite often these aggregator accounts fish for the info directly from the players via DMs. I kind of have an issue with that to be honest.

But as he retweeted the info himself, I have no clue what Beaucoup’s problem was. Well apart from being bitter towards Cox, Binnion and the whole academy because his son was apparently released/not rated.

Drainy

Wasn’t on high horse, just think his inside info. Was a useful addition to all the opinion based on limited available info. Clearly had worked in the game or had a boy in the system, because he used to drop in some good exclusives. Keep your enemies close as they say.
Had a son in the academy, now at another club the last he said.

He seemed bitter about how the academy staff appraise and value some players over others so I always took his opinions with a pinch of salt, but he did have insider info occasionally

stealthy

Fair point young lads ability shouldn’t be negatively commented on 100%