U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
15 mins left. Hope they keep going and don't settle for holding on to the lead.

top1whoisman

Scout
What on earth is going on. May be undeserved but considering we're 3 players down due to injury they're putting in a really spirited performance.
Absolutely. Coming back from two goals down against a well-supported home team after a poor performance shows spirit, whatever happens in the last 8 minutes. And all that after the disappointment of conceding late yesterday. Very good experience for the lads.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Managing the game very well at the moment. One of the hardest things to do often for young players. Keeping the ball whenever possible, winning free kicks and running down the clock. Clearing the lines and booting it long when necessary. A couple of minutes to go. Dinamo look shocked, understandably so.

top1whoisman

Scout
We've done it! FT 5-4 (Musa 2, Williams, Biancheri, Scanlon). 4 minutes of added time but we held on.

Final tomorrow at 10:30 BST.

Gungerz

Final will be against Feyenoord, who are managed by a certain Robin van Persie.

10:30 is a really short turn around mind you. Playing 4 games (80 mins) in less than 4 days is a real ask, especially for a squad of just 16 outfield players (13 now).

top1whoisman

Scout
Feyenoord’s results from the group stage:

4-1 vs Club Brügge
2-1 vs Flamengo
1-0 vs Rapid Wien

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Final will be against Feyenoord, who are managed by a certain Robin van Persie.

10:30 is a really short turn around mind you. Playing 4 games (80 mins) in less than 4 days is a real ask, especially for a squad of just 16 outfield players (13 now).
Heard there’s some pretty good players in this Feyenoord team, big test for the lads.

What’s everyone’s opinion on Musa? Looks a bit of a gem to me.

Demaw

Beaucoup has provided a lot of stuff we never hear about as he had a lad with the academy a few seasons ago. He does know the groups and I enjoyed him offering things at times.

Pearson

seems like some hectic game. Three injured? That cannot be good for the final.

top1whoisman

Scout
Happy birthday, RvP. There’s no shame in celebrating that with a silver medal. :p

To be honest though I feel we need to do something special to beat them. Defending better would be a start as I don’t think we’ve got another five-goal performance in us.

Borninthe80ts

Sounds like it was a good game of football and again another good fight back. It was a characteristic I thought we have lacked at times at this level.

Interesting to see the 3 at the back is a tactical switch we are still using. I like that we are improving this area of the youth teams too. It’ll add to the flexibility of the team and improve in game management and intelligence.

A final against Van Persie’s team should be fun, does his son still play at this level?

top1whoisman

Scout
Sounds like it was a good game of football and again another good fight back. It was a characteristic I thought we have lacked at times at this level.

Interesting to see the 3 at the back is a tactical switch we are still using. I like that we are improving this area of the youth teams too. It’ll add to the flexibility of the team and improve in game management and intelligence.

A final against Van Persie’s team should be fun, does his son still play at this level?
Very entertaining 80 minutes of football. The pitch looked much better than before. Had a glimpse of the 3/4 playoff and it seems wet & soft again.

Yeah Shaqueel is still there but I believe he missed this tournament because of an injury.

top1whoisman

Scout
XI vs Feyenoord

1 Harrison

3 Ogunneye
5 Munro
4 Jackson
2 Kamason

6 McAllister (C)
15 Devaney

9 Musa
16 Scanlon
11 Williams

18 Biancheri

top1whoisman

Scout
1 Harrison

2 Kamason - 5 Munro - 4 Jackson - 3 Ogunneye

6 McAllister - 15 Devaney

9 Musa - 16 Scanlon - 11 Williams

18 Biancheri​

top1whoisman

Scout
We were already down by this time against both Monaco and Dinamo, so nice to see we haven't conceded any chances yet. Quite a careful start from both.

top1whoisman

Scout
11'

Harrison saves a decent effort from the edge of the box comfortably to his left.

top1whoisman

Scout
Still no big chances for either team. Feyenoord one shot on goal and a couple of speculative crosses and corners.

top1whoisman

Scout
United's playing out from the back is very risky and Feyenoord get the ball in the box. Good cross and a decent header but Harrison makes a wonder save to keep it 0-0.

top1whoisman

Scout
I like how McAllister demands the ball constantly no matter how close his marker is. A good trait to have.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our only chance so far. Williams cuts it back from the left and Musa has a decent left-footed effort saved by the Feyenoord keeper with his feet.

Gungerz

Need to get Moorhouse on 2nd half, assuming he's fit. Scanlon has hardly been in the game.

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 0-0. A final-type of a half. Feyenoord the better team but apart from the Harrison save not much in it really.

top1whoisman

Scout
Need to get Moorhouse on 2nd half, assuming he's fit. Scanlon has hardly been in the game.
Devaney even less. I'd maybe drop Scanlon deeper or if Fitzgerald and Moorhouse are fit perhaps we could and should sub both of them.

top1whoisman

Scout
Sorry one sub.

Fitzgerald on for Kamason, I think.

McAllister back at RB, Ogunneye LB.

top1whoisman

Scout
Williams with a peach of a pass to Musa who fails to get a shot off and a goal kick to Feyenoord is all the attack results in.