U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit of a poor goal to concede.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Against the run of play completely but that's what you get for not putting the match to bed when you had the chances to. Kamason fails to clear the ball and the Udinese striker finishes really well without giving Myles any chance.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 1-1.

What a disappointing end to the game, but kind of felt that would happen with United just playing down the clock for the whole of second half. The most difficult group game presumably to come tomorrow when we face the hosts Dinamo.

top1whoisman

Scout
Munro, McAllister good again. Williams much better than yesterday, we lost any threat we had when he came off.

Borninthe80ts

Nice to read some positive messages in the youth forum for a change.

And yeah rotation will happen as it should be in youth football, but I get what you’re saying. In some positions (mainly the midfield) we’ll have decent depth, but other than that I think we will see quite permanent selections. Injuries always play a part though so who knows.
An mate fair play to you, keep up the energy and great updates if you can as there are folk that appreciate it.

It’s probably a mindset thing, generally there’s positives you can find while working on the rest. Anyway it’s good to see again certain names playing well even if the game ended with us conceding.

Do think we could do with a number 9 though. It’s crazy the parallels to the first team at the minute.

top1whoisman

Scout
An mate fair play to you, keep up the energy and great updates if you can as there are folk that appreciate it.

It’s probably a mindset thing, generally there’s positives you can find while working on the rest. Anyway it’s good to see again certain names playing well even if the game ended with us conceding.

Do think we could do with a number 9 though. It’s crazy the parallels to the first team at the minute.
Yeah we are, or have been, missing proper #9 on all levels for a while now. Especially when both McNeill and Hugill were away on loan. Norkett had his strengths but overall not good enough.

Borninthe80ts

Yeah we are, or have been, missing proper #9 on all levels for a while now. Especially when both McNeill and Hugill were away on loan. Norkett had his strengths but overall not good enough.
I think if we had someone that could hold the ball up the field when we progress the ball it would definitely help. Either a back to goal centre forward or a midfielder that who can spread play under pressure. I do like Hugill though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

A general lack of proper strikers in world football at the minute. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be a striker, now its the inside forwards that catch kids eyes.

top1whoisman

Scout
This was nice to see. Quick thinking from Myles and another good run from Missin.

Borninthe80ts

A general lack of proper strikers in world football at the minute. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be a striker, now its the inside forwards that catch kids eyes.
I fully agree the profile has changed from when I was watching as a young un also. Everyone went from Shearer and Van Basten to Henry and Neymar! I kind of miss partnerships too. Hoping Rasmund can buck that trend for us though.

Pearson

What's McAllister's position? He is pinned in right back now?

By the way, thanks for the update.

top1whoisman

Scout
Dinamo beat Monaco 6-2 yesterday, so we need a win today if we want to advance to the final. A draw would take us to the 3/4 playoff.

Pearson

He seems as natural as a right back, but I’d say he’s still better in midfield.
Thanks. Good to know that.

I have not got many chances to watch him because of his untimely and prolonged injury last season, but I have heard of really good things about him.

Always like a young boy in our academy with an old-school outlook of the old Manchester United.

khoazany

First time I've seen him McAllister played was when he's 11 or 12 and he played right back in that tournament so he's certainly not unfamiliar to that position.

top1whoisman

Scout
XI vs Dinamo

1 Harrison

6 McAllister (C)
4 Jackson
14 Fitzgerald
3 Kamason

8 Moorhouse
12 Baumann

9 Musa
16 Scanlon
11 Williams

18 Biancheri

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
1 Harrison

6 McAllister - 4 Jackson - 14 Fitzgerald - 3 Kamason

8 Moorhouse - 12 Baumann

9 Musa - 16 Scanlon - 11 Williams

18 Biancheri​

top1whoisman

Scout
14'

1-1. McAllister crosses the ball in the box and Musa heads it in with a deflection from Dinamo defender's back.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sounds like quite the start.

top1whoisman

Scout
Sounds like quite the start.
It's been lively. By far better quality from both sides than in the previous two games. You can see both teams want to go to the final, good intensity and a lot of physical battles.

top1whoisman

Scout
Very much end to end stuff. I'll be very surprised if we don't see more goals in this one. Aaaaand it's 2-2 (32').

top1whoisman

Scout
We're very open at the back again and the Dinamo player gets an open run to the box and puts it past Harrison.

top1whoisman

Scout
The hosts have been very much the better side after our two quick goals. We're lucky to be level.

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 2-2

Could easily be 4-2 or 5-2. Dinamo very good, applying relentless pressure and we're struggling to keep possession, let alone string some passes together.

top1whoisman

Scout
49'

3-2 Dinamo. Way too easy. Decent left-footed finish to the far corner, but we could've defended that better.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our playing out from the back has been poor today. So many blind passes straight to the Dinamo midfield. The only way we're even getting to the opponent half is by someone making a long run with the ball. And we've done none of that this half.

Must also say that Dinamo is very good. Much stronger than us in battles, pressing very well and moving the ball quickly. The opposite to what we're doing really.

54'

4-2 Dinamo. Again weak defending inside the box.

top1whoisman

Scout
57'

4-3 Musa. Totally against the run of play. Musa gets the ball on the right flank, cuts inside and shoots with his left foot. A nice slice of deflection from a Dinamo defender and the ball flies over the diving keeper.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Missin comes on for McAllister.

Kamason RCB, three at the back. Missin RWB & Williams LWB , Musa upfront with Biancheri.

Gungerz

What on earth is going on. May be undeserved but considering we're 3 players down due to injury they're putting in a really spirited performance.

top1whoisman

Scout
Musa hits the post and Scanlon gets to the ball first and passes it into the empty net.