U21s: Crystal Palace vs United

Borninthe80ts

Hoping for a similar performance from the under 21s as we got from the 18s, though I’ve probably jinxed it now. We should see players like Gore and Hannibal, also hoping to see more of Collyer this year.

KevinJoh

Hoping for a similar performance from the under 21s as we got from the 18s, though I’ve probably jinxed it now. We should see players like Gore and Hannibal, also hoping to see more of Collyer this year.
I really doubt Gore, Forson, Fernandez and Hannibal will be tested and risked with U21 at this stage. They are looking to stay or leave on loan, so playing for U21 at the moment is big risk. And I would not be surprised to see 1 or 2 in the first team squad tomorrow.

Borninthe80ts

I really doubt Gore, Forson, Fernandez and Hannibal will be tested and risked with U21 at this stage. They are looking to stay or leave on loan, so playing for U21 at the moment is big risk. And I would not be surprised to see 1 or 2 in the first team squad tomorrow.
You may be right and I hope that players like Gore and Hannibal are part of the Wolves squad. However with a full first team squad available I was thinking more about game time, regardless of the level. Unless as u say they have moves lined up but we’ve not heard nothing concrete as far as I know. If they stay, I can see them getting game time at this level anyway.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Palace XI:

Whitworth; Kopra, Francis, Richards, Trialist A, Reid, Wells-Morrison, Raymond, Umeh, Ola-Adebomi, Rak-Sakyi

Subs: Izquierdo, Sheridan, Trialist B, Nascimento, Imray

Chris Richards is a €12m signing (2022) from Bayern, he was on the bench for their PL opener. Nine PL appearances last season, ten caps for the US national team already. Played ten times for Bayern's first team and 34 for Hoffenheim on loan.

Last edited:

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Palace XI:

Whitworth; Kopra, Francis, Richards, Trialist A, Reid, Wells-Morrison, Raymond, Umeh, Ola-Adebomi, Rak-Sakyi

Subs: Izquierdo, Sheridan, Trialist B, Nascimento, Imray

Chris Richards is a €12m signing (2022) from Bayern, he was on the bench for their PL opener. Nine PL appearances last season, ten caps for the US national team already. Played ten times for Bayern's first team and 34 for Hoffenheim on loan.
Richards played quite well against Utd's senior team. Think it was the away leg

top1whoisman

Scout
I presume that means Mee & Harrison are in the first team setup, one of them will be on the bench tonight.

Bertie Wooster

Good to see Ethan Williams in the 16 (I assume that's not Brandon on the bench for the U21's!)

And no Hannibal, Gore, Fernandez or Harrison bodes well for them being included in and around the first team matchday squad.

Gungerz

Rak-Sakyi for Palace scored 15 goals on loan in League One last season. Very good player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is the trialist not allowed to be called by his proper name? :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
Is the trialist not allowed to be called by his proper name? :lol:
Nope. Well it’s not about being allowed but they don’t publish those names. Clubs are always trying to keep the trials under wraps.

top1whoisman

Scout
Good to see Ethan Williams in the 16 (I assume that's not Brandon on the bench for the U21's!)

And no Hannibal, Gore, Fernandez or Harrison bodes well for them being included in and around the first team matchday squad.
Yeah it’s Ethan. Deserved his place in the squad.

AltiUn

There's no way those PL 2 rule changes are real? Sound like something you'd make up while stoned in your uni halls of residence.

AltiUn

Nope. Well it’s not about being allowed but they don’t publish those names. Clubs are always trying to keep the trials under wraps.
Not sure why but I find it comical the commentators having to refer to him as "trialist".

AltiUn

Take it this referee is from South London? Now they've clarified they're clamping down on that sort of thing maybe not.

top1whoisman

Scout
12’

Very good attack from United’s left. IHA plays a nice through ball to Hugill who sends a decent ball towards the far post but Mejía fails to slide it home.

AltiUn

2 very early yellows for United, need to be careful.

top1whoisman

Scout
26’

Emeran uses his pace on the right touchline to get away from his marker and plays a great through ball to Hugill but it ends up in a goal kick to Palace.

top1whoisman

Scout
Palace started brightly but United have been the better team for the last 15 minutes or so.

Gungerz

With Myles now on these might be the two shortest keepers you'll see in a PL2 game.

top1whoisman

Scout
Looks like our Croydon-born U15-U18 lead scout Stephen Ajewole who we took from City is in attendance.

Ace of Spades

I thought Mengi and Emeran had some teams interested in loaning them. Not sure it is good risking playing them, with their injury record.