U21s: Crystal Palace vs United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Interesting considering how liberally he's been handing out yellow cards to our lads.
That could’ve easily been a booking but I don’t think there’s any valid complaints about our three yellows so far.

top1whoisman

Scout
I thought Mengi and Emeran had some teams interested in loaning them. Not sure it is good risking playing them, with their injury record.
They need games regardless, plus clubs scout PL2 matches too, so it’s a shop window opportunity for them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should've been 2-0, that was a great ball by Emeran.

Ace of Spades

They need games regardless, plus clubs scout PL2 matches too, so it’s a shop window opportunity for them.
I was just going by some of the rumours. Some of our players are cursed by injuries. Really need to catch a break to get a decent career going.

Looking at Emeran, could have been an option at RW if he had not been near constantly out injured.

top1whoisman

Scout
41’

Another great piece or work from Emeran on the right. Accurate cross to Mejía who fails to tap it in.

top1whoisman

Scout
I was just going by some of the rumours. Some of our players are cursed by injuries. Really need to catch a break to get a decent career going.

Looking at Emeran, could have been an option at RW if he had not been near constantly out injured.
They are but you can’t not play them because they are injury-prone. The opposite really. If they get injured so be it. Could easily get injured in training too.

cj_sparky

This ref did the Bromley v Barnet game at the weekend and was total shite.

AltiUn

That was naughty from the Palace player.

AltiUn

Fair play to Palace, they've scored with their first attack in 40 minutes :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
45+3’

1-1. Well-worked goal. Their second chance of the afternoon.

HT. We should have a comfortable lead. A good opening 45 minutes of the season even if we conceded that goal.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Nice to see how the club helps players who's got it rough. Paul Woolston there in the set at half-time. Former academy player, retired at age 23.

The club has put together a robust support programme for Paul. Various informal and formal education sessions have taken place. Woolston has received support with his coaching badges and will have the opportunity to travel abroad with younger age groups to aid his learning process.
A variety of work-experience placements have been set up both within the club and externally. Paul has also received significant mentorship from across Manchester United to guide him into the next stage of his career.

Borninthe80ts

Emeran, Collyer and A Hansen have been impressive for me. I used to think he was passive for all his skill, but his been pressing and putting in work. I’m a little disappointed with Shola though and Hugill.

It’s good to see in both youth games more of the tactics employed by the first team. High press and interchanging of positions being notable.

top1whoisman

Scout
Emeran, Collyer and A Hansen have been impressive for me. I used to think he was passive for all his skill, but his been pressing and putting in work. I’m a little disappointed with Shola though and Hugill.

It’s good to see in both youth games more of the tactics employed by the first team. High press and interchanging of positions being notable.
The best half I’ve seen from him in a United shirt.

top1whoisman

Scout
47’

United done very well there to come forward under the Palace press. If only the cutback from Emeran was a bit better…

top1whoisman

Scout
Whitworth should’ve been booked for the antics before the penalty as per the new rules. Very good save though, it wasn’t a bad pen from Jurado.

top1whoisman

Scout
A bit unnecessary from Gardner and Thornley to keep on criticising the earlier Palace trialist. Hard enough for him as it is.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The Onana effect. Well, let us see if there is any difference in how we play, apparently ETH wants the academy to play in a similar style to our 1st team, let us see if there are any changes.
Not sure its an Onana effect, Wooster has been doing that for a long time already.

top1whoisman

Scout
72’

Palace creating much more than in the first half. United started the second half well but it’s anyone’s game really.

top1whoisman

Scout
75’

Williams comes on, Mejía off. Good start from the Colombian but faded away after that.

top1whoisman

Scout
76’

2-1 Palace. The trialist winger gets the goal he and the hosts deserve. Disappointing defending from Ogunneye.

top1whoisman

Scout
90’

2-2. Good one-two from Emeran and Jurado and Emeran finishes well.

Brilliant run from Emeran and above all he kept moving after the pass to Jurado.

Gungerz

If anyone's interested the Palace Trialist 'B' is Roshaun Mathurin, ex-Spurs. Was considered a big talent few years ago but had a nightmare with injuries.

top1whoisman

Scout
If anyone's interested the Palace Trialist 'B' is Roshaun Mathurin, ex-Spurs. Was considered a big talent few years ago but had a nightmare with injuries.
He’s been their best player. Could’ve had a hat trick.