U21s: Crystal Palace vs United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Big save from Myles who has been very good since he came on.

Crucial block from Mengi a minute later. Palace getting close to that winner.

top1whoisman

Scout
90+7’

3-2 Palace. Very disappointing way to end the game after working so hard to get level.

lysglimt

Scout
We are so poor defensively - same as last year, we have learned absolutely nothing :)

top1whoisman

Scout
FT Palace 3-2 United.

Good opening 55-60 minutes from United, probably the right result in the end as Palace were much better in the second half. We had the chances in the opening half to take a bigger lead and we paid for missing those opportunities in the end, as it often happens.

Good performance from Collyer. Nothing spectacular but kept it ticking with very good passing and movement all game.

Emeran the other obvious standout for me.

Shoretire underwhelming.

Gungerz

The difference between Hugill & McNeill is enormous. McNeill just cannot retain the ball under pressure & offers far less in terms of pressing + running in behind. If Joe played the full 90 I do think we win that game.

top1whoisman

Scout
The difference between Hugill & McNeill is enormous. McNeill just cannot retain the ball under pressure & offers far less in terms of pressing + running in behind. If Joe played the full 90 I do think we win that game.
Yeap. McNeill’s work rate is barely 50% of that of Hugill’s.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Mejia seems to have regained the bust of speed that he had before the whole series of injuries the past few years.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeap. McNeill’s work rate is barely 50% of that of Hugill’s.
McNeill doesn't seem to have improved or kicked on a few levels in the past year or two -- despite going on loan.
A 600 goal phenom when he came back but seems to have levelled out.

Gungerz

Shite this season too I see. I'm not particularly thrilled about any player in this team.
We might be but I really wouldn't read much into this game at all. There's a good chance around half the players on the pitch today won't be involved at this level next month.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
FT Palace 3-2 United.

Good opening 55-60 minutes from United, probably the right result in the end as Palace were much better in the second half. We had the chances in the opening half to take a bigger lead and we paid for missing those opportunities in the end, as it often happens.

Good performance from Collyer. Nothing spectacular but kept it ticking with very good passing and movement all game.

Emeran the other obvious standout for me.

Shoretire underwhelming.
Becoming a bit of a running theme this.

dutchred

Is Kwambala injured, not featured for the under 18 or under 21

Ace of Spades

Emeran looked very good, hope he gets a good move. Any idea why the keeper was changed ??

Also, did any of their players even get booked ??

Red_toad

Anyone know who trialist 2 was, as what a baller, he completely changed the game for Palace. I'd imagine they'd be wanting to sign him up based on that performance.

top1whoisman

Scout
Anyone know who trialist 2 was, as what a baller, he completely changed the game for Palace. I'd imagine they'd be wanting to sign him up based on that performance.
If anyone's interested the Palace Trialist 'B' is Roshaun Mathurin, ex-Spurs. Was considered a big talent few years ago but had a nightmare with injuries.

khoazany

Is the weird cloak and dagger stuff where they're referred to as "Trialist" supposed to prevent that sort of thing from happening?
Considering he was at Chelsea and then Spurs if we were not familiar with his name already something must be very wrong at the academy scouting department.