U21s Final: Chelsea vs. United

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Same. For starters, bringing a load of new faces in would probably make us play worse - that same hotch-potch of players a bit beyond U21 level was the reason we started the season poorly, after all - it was only when we shifted them out on loan and brought the more cohesive unit of 'U19s' in that we started playing better.

And even aside from that, you should always play the lads who actually put the work into getting you there, it would be unfair to do otherwise.
It's true, these kids have been better than those who left mid-season, it would be cruel to take them out at this point.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Was thinking of coming down for this game. Only one exam after that and I could use a break from revising.

I'd have to leave early to get the train but it's free entry so no big loss missing a little bit.

Anyone else heading down?

lysglimt

Scout
Who will be available for this game who wasn't for the last?

Personally I hope we play basically the same team we did against Liverpool, Lingard is the only one that pops into my mind as perhaps deserving a start.

Lawrence came in though, first chance after his loan spell ended, so it's certainly possible.
The most obvious choice is Michael Keane - but we also have Nick Powell (if he isn't injured), Tyler Blackett to mention some

Dante

Average bang
So I've texted them and now I'm waiting for turnstile information.

They've said it's free entry, but would I need to bring membership numbers/cards or anything?
Any ideas lads?

Do you need to be a member to go or can anyone who's texted show up?

Brightonian

The most obvious choice is Michael Keane - but we also have Nick Powell (if he isn't injured), Tyler Blackett to mention some
Keane is the only one I'd consider. Not only do I think we should let the lads who actually got us to the final play in it, but the players in Powell and Blackett's positions, for example, were two of the best performers against Liverpool (Rothwell and James).

jeston

Does anyone know if MUTV will be freeview for Sky subscribers for this game?.
It's on MUTV, Chelsea TV & BT Sport but it's usually only free when we play Liverpool as LTV is free-to-air, so I doubt it will be.

Sir A1ex

Just got the text through:

Unreserved seating, turnstiles N40 and N41.

Anybody meeting up for this? Was going to head down with a couiple of mates, but they may not be able to make it now.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Phil Nev will be doing the co-commentary. Much better than the alternatives.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I'm really excited to see Ekangamene back in centre mid. For a very long time, I had no opinion on him and couldn't work him out. In the last couple of months, having looked at him more closely, the guy is a fecking colossus of a player and an excellent reader of the game. The way he has been playing at centre half, you would think he's been playing there all his life as he seemed so natural at it, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs in his more favoured role.

dutchred

Went off injured at Anfield. Omitted from the latest England u19s squad. Hope it's nothing serious.

We're significantly weakened without him. Shame.
He has been so unlucky with injuries. When fit he is a fantastic player. He, Pearson and Pereira form a great midfield

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He has been so unlucky with injuries. When fit he is a fantastic player. He, Pearson and Pereira form a great midfield
Yeah, he's had more than his fair share of injuries. He's been fit all season, though, so hopefully it's nothing serious and he's in the process of outgrowing the problem.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Don't quote the post. If he deletes it, they will stay be in the quote
I altered them, those links don't lead to streams.

Is that not good enough? Happy to delete them.

(edit: actually they did still lead to the streams even though I put about 7 x's in the website name...weird. I changed them further. Huh, that didn't work either, as long as I changed the text within the red link text it would still go to the site.)