U21s: Manchester United vs Manchester City

Sir A1ex

Fantastically myopic and victim-complex infused account of the "trouble" last night from a City fan in the BBC piece:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32716950

Manchester City fan Andy Savage, who was at the game with his son, said he witnessed "very, very ugly scenes".
He said: "After half an hour, United fans were streaming in and the stewards were putting them closer and closer to our left, where we were being boxed in.
"Fights broke out and basically it was a free-for-all. There were kids screaming in the City end."

"Boxed in" indeed... like at every football match, where home fans are on both sides?
Doesn't mention that the fans to his left were still miles away, spread-out and mostly families who hadn't been able to get into the South Stand. All the touble was with fans to his right... y'know, the ones that the City fans were trying to get across the gap to fight with when the Stewards grabbed them?

I'd presume that the two arrests (other than the pitch invader, who was formt he United section) were the guys bundled by the stewards, and they came form the City section. No mention of that in the article though. And as for screaming kids... yeah right, everybody in the area was lapping it up!

Sir A1ex

If you're man enough to sit through it, here's a few seconds video I took of the horrific scenes from last night. Won't somebody think of the children? (Oddly mine didn't seem too peturbed)

Brightonian

Christ, spoiler that @Sir A1ex! I nearly soiled myself. Horrifying scenes.

Absolutely chuffed with that result. I didn't have time to watch this in the end, I'll probably try and find a full match video somewhere if I can. Eight United goals in the last two MSC matches!

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
I read somewhere (yeah, I if you read my posts, I do read alot) that the city fans were chanting Munich chants. They can't be a city fan or they would know one of their own died in the crash.

Edit: Read a comment "How would they know that, most of them have only supported city since the Arabs bought the scum club".

thelemon

If you're man enough to sit through it, here's a few seconds video I took of the horrific scenes from last night. Won't somebody think of the children? (Oddly mine didn't seem too peturbed)

Were you in the east stand then? Where was the song we were asking for? :)

Sir A1ex

Just realised I missed a bit from our heroic victim of a city fan:

He said fans "were being kicked and trampled on and it was very, very ugly scenes"
Given that the fans remained segregated throughout, that's some pretty poor behaviour by city towards their own. :nono:

thelemon

Yeah it was pretty quiet compared to the north... there was a group of lads at the back, by the city on the corner fans giving it quite a bit, but I was mostly busy trying to control my kids!
It was probably for the best that you weren't near us, some guy almost lost his kid!

thelemon

Where were you, down the east end near the city fans?
My 5 year old daughter could have taken the lot of them, but my 2 year old son is a bit soft.
:lol:
We were basically on the very edge of where all our fans moved towards the barrier. It was a nice spot because we got all the atmosphere but weren't quite caught up in the worst of it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yaay we've won the title! Happy for the lads.

jb8521

Doed Carrington hold some sort of curse? Do you reckon a new Kehinde scenario will come? Gribbin with a place for example.
They might be back I don't know how serious their injuries are. Gribbin was with the u21s for a game a couple of weeks ago but didn't make the final squad and Williams was on the bench last week. I wouldn't be surprised if Reid gets a chance

khoazany

Maybe we can let those lads that were picked for the Tour to train full-time with the first team from now and play the rest vs. City?

hebegebe

Anyone know where you get tickets for the game tomorrow? can't find it on the City website