U21s: United vs. Aston Villa

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Grealish. Is he the one who absolutely tore us a new one in the academy game earlier this season?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I need to stop pronouncing Januzaj as "Janujazz"

I keep imagining him running around whilst playing a saxophone.

jb8521

Grealish. Is he the one who absolutely tore us a new one in the academy game earlier this season?
Yep thats him. Im just hoping the Ireland under 19s manager doesnt annoy him into quitting the Ireland underage set up like has happened with a couple of others

dr.twinny

Henriquez has been so isolated so far. These long balls out of defense don't help either.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
:lol:
I guess it's because he's the senior man on the pitch tonight.
:D
Of course with several reserve players making the trip to Turkey it's not as much of a compliment as it might be otherwise.

I shouldn't tease him, I'm only picking on him because it seems no one wants to defend him anymore!

In fairness to Bebe, the first team squad has gotten quite packed. He's no worse than Obertan, who was given a fair few games for the first team. But back then we had little depth in the winger position.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Never noticed how much Michael Keane looks like a young Ian Brown before.

dr.twinny

:D
Of course with several reserve players making the trip to Turkey it's not as much of a compliment as it might be otherwise.

I shouldn't tease him, I'm only picking on him because it seems no one wants to defend him anymore!

In fairness to Bebe, the first team squad has gotten quite packed. He's no worse than Obertan, who was given a fair few games for the first team. But back then we had little depth in the winger position.
Yeah, I understood what you were saying GD. I don't see it as a compliment either. He's definitely a special case. I don't have high hopes for him. His technical ineptitude no longer surprises me. See Bebe cross from earlier today :lol:

You made a thread the other day asking whether players like him are blocking the progress of several promising youngsters. I say yes but it's a puzzling scenario. It's obvious he needs first team games but which professional team will take a punt on him after witnessing him in the reserves? I hope a club (even a League 1 club) comes in for him or we just let him go nicely at the end of the season a la Manucho and Dong.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would have been so easy to dribble past the keeper there. Players don't do enough of that.

Brightonian

Januzaj seems like one of those who needs to get himself in the mood with a couple of good moves. He's twice as up for it now as he was ten minutes ago, and looking very dangerous.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah, I understood what you were saying GD. I don't see it as a compliment either. He's definitely a special case. I don't have high hopes for him. His technical ineptitude no longer surprises me. See Bebe cross from earlier today :lol:

You made a thread the other day asking whether players like him are blocking the progress of several promising youngsters. I say yes but it's a puzzling scenario. It's obvious he needs first team games but which professional team will take a punt on him after witnessing him in the reserves? I hope a club (even a League 1 club) comes in for him or we just let him go nicely at the end of the season a la Manucho and Dong.
I can see Bebe becoming worth 2-3 mil in a situation like Newcastle buying Obertan, but really that's looking fairly unlikely at this point. But I think we're hanging onto that hope and that's why he's still with us.

The people in that Bebe/Macheda thread have swayed me, I think we'd get more out of the spot in the squad/team developing other players.