g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

U21s: United vs. Leicester

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

Barclay's U21 Premier League
Manchester United vs. Leicester
Monday, 3 November, 7 PM BST
Leigh Sports Villiage

Live MUTV coverage starts at 6:30.

khoazany

Forgot the U21s play this week.That's how shit the schedule is.

Anyway wonder if we'll see Wilson back on this after the substitution yesterday?Pearson and Rothwell better be back asap.

Patchbeard

When was the last U21 game? The last one I watched was when Januzaj got a hat-trick at least a month ago.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
When was the last U21 game? The last one I watched was when Januzaj got a hat-trick at least a month ago.
We played and won against West Ham last Friday. Wilson and Keane got the goals in a 2-1 win and Carrick played an hour in that. We played Spurs before that where we also won 2-1 thanks to goals by Adnan & Thorpe

stubie

Could someone PM a link when the game starts?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That thing about loanees never playing their own club doesn't apply in U21s football, does it?
I doubt it to be honest. Youth loans tend to be very informal/flexible. Players can come back and play for there parent clubs at U21 level if I'm not mistaken while still on loan. I'm sure we have had players back and playing in Youth football during loan spells before.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I doubt it to be honest. Youth loans tend to be very informal/flexible. Players can come back and play for there parent clubs at U21 level if I'm not mistaken while still on loan. I'm sure we have had players back and playing in Youth football during loan spells before.
Would be crazy if they had to sit it out, so I hope you're right. Especially because that would mean Powell playing even less football for the Leicester U21s than he would if he'd stayed at United!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be crazy if they had to sit it out, so I hope you're right. Especially because that would mean Powell playing even less football for the Leicester U21s than he would if he'd stayed at United!
Technically speaking, I think he could even play for us tonight if we agreed it with Leicester.

Either way it would be good to see him. Surely there will only be one conclusion if he continues to struggle get games at Leicester.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Guess we'll get to see Nick Powell in action, and Tom Lawrence too
I thought Lawrence went on a permanent deal? Or am I mistaken?

Powell really hasn't kicked on has he? Should be able to hold down a place in Leicester's first team by that age. To be honest, I never felt he would make it at United - seems a Darron Gibson type player

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's not on a youth loan, he's on a standard season-long loan, and the rules regarding the latter are much less flexible. I'd be surprised if he was eligible for tonight.

Sid234

I thought Lawrence went on a permanent deal? Or am I mistaken?

Powell really hasn't kicked on has he? Should be able to hold down a place in Leicester's first team by that age. To be honest, I never felt he would make it at United - seems a Darron Gibson type player
Lawrence joined on a permanent deal, but I like keeping track of our former youth players.

And to be fair on Powell, Leicester have a good choice of midfielders, including two of our former academy players, Daniel Drinkwater and Matty James. I agree that he should seen more game time by now, and I hope we recall him from Loan in January is Leicester are not intending to promote him to the 1st team and give him game time

khoazany

But Jones, Evans, Smalling & Rojo are all out against Crystal Palace

At least one of Blackett and McNair will play. Maybe both (I would play both to be honest and Blind+Carrick infront of them).
Yes so they better play in this match to get some match sharpness wouldn't that be the case?The Palace match is 5 days away.We could easily take them out after 60 min or so if we feel worried about their staminas.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yes so they better play in this match to get some match sharpness wouldn't that be the case?The Palace match is 5 days away.We could easily take them out after 60 min or so if we feel worried about their staminas.
Of course i see your point.
But at the minute i just feel we're getting a injured defender in every possible match.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Lawrence :drool:

This is going to be a tough match, looks like they are putting out a similar line-up to the one that trounced City. Should be a good test.

Sir A1ex

Am I mis-remembering, or did Vermijl get a fair bit of playing time pre-season?

Has he been fit since then? Odd that he's not been around the first team, given we have one right-back who is always injured.

m1y2

whats capital A at Pereira's name? asistent of captain? Wilson is usually captain these days or does it mean that he already earned his regular place in the first team so he pplays in u-21 just to get his fitness..

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
whats capital A at Pereira's name? asistent of captain? Wilson is usually captain these days or does it mean that he already earned his regular place in the first team so he pplays in u-21 just to get his fitness..
A for Andreas maybe since there is also Joel.

stubie

How long are we playing at the Leigh Sports Village? Facilities look great!

Dazzmondo

The fact that McNair and Adnan aren't in the squad today, but Blackett and Wilson are tells me that both will be starting against Palace. Probably Carrick and McNair at cb, which is fine with me. I think Carrick will be more valuable as a cb this season anyway. James and Tyler will most likely make the bench against Palace. Glad to see Harrop back and great to see Tom and Jack playing today.