U21s: United vs. Spurs

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Was quite impressed by Fletcher for the first 70, think he's looked knackered since then.

redmeister

It wasn't a dreadful decision. I think Paddy is getting carried away and it's influencing the viewers. The players collided and Kane didn't dive. It's one of the decisions that could go either way. I'm not saying it was a stone wall pen or anything, but Kane didn't con anyone and it isn't a terrible decision.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It wasn't a dreadful decision. I think Paddy is getting carried away and it's influencing the viewers. The players collided and Kane didn't dive. It's one of the decisions that could go either way. I'm not saying it was a stone wall pen or anything, but Kane didn't con anyone and it isn't a terrible decision.
Nobody on here's saying Kane conned anyone. He didn't expect that anyway I'm sure.

And yes it was a dreadful decision

redmeister

Nobody on here's saying Kane conned anyone. He didn't expect that anyway I'm sure.
So if Kane didn't dive, then I don't think it was a terrible decision. It really depends on who the ref see's as more responsible for the collision. He might not have got it right, or he might have, it's tough to see. But either way, it's not the terrible decision being suggested. He might of got it wrong, but it's hardly one of those obvious decisions that somehow the ref gives the wrong way.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
On the penalty, it's a dreadful decision because Kane clearly just ran into Wootton. Whether or not it was a dive is irrelevant - the ref should've seen that.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Ft 2-1.

Not a great peformance really I suppose the minutes for Evans/Buttnerr/Fletcher is more important.

Spurs played some nice football and were unlucky in the end, although we could of actually scored 2 or 3 more ourselves, especially first half.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Will GlastonSpurs be turning up to tell us how Spurs were the real winners this evening?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Spurs had more of the ball and showed a lot more patience than we did. We rushed our passes way too much, and needed to play some safer passes instead of trying to break every time they got the ball.

That being said, Spurs only tested Lindegaard when he made that impressive double save, so I can't say the deserved a goal, but they play was pretty good.

SkeppyRed

In my opinion Wootton, Brady, King and Macheda will all go on to have decent careers but I very much doubt any of them will be at United in 2/3 years time. Tunnicliffe will have his work cut out also but his drive and determination may take him further. These players desperately need loans.

charleysurf

In my opinion Wootton, Brady, King and Macheda will all go on to have decent careers but I very much doubt any of them will be at United in 2/3 years time. Tunnicliffe will have his work cut out also but his drive and determination may take him further. These players desperately need loans.
Wooton could make it. We've seen that you can never have enough CBs, and he has a good mentality.
King might make it if he could stay fit.
Can't see any chance for Brady etc though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Büttner showed skill, pace and bravery in abundance. Looks a decent tackler too. Beaten in the air a few times and Spurs didn't really attack all that much down their right, but that was a good debut.

SkeppyRed

Wooton could make it. We've seen that you can never have enough CBs, and he has a good mentality.
If King didn't have incredible pace and strength he wouldn't stand out a all. Technically he is nothing special. He has too much work to do to become one of the best in the world at his position which is what we require. He can still go on to have good career at a high level.

Wootton is the same age as Smalling and older than Jones. He will also be a good player but I doubt it will be here.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
If King didn't have incredible pace and strength he wouldn't stand out a all. Technically he is nothing special. He has too much work to do to become one of the best in the world at his position which is what we require. He can still go on to have good career at a high level.

Wootton is the same age as Smalling and older than Jones. He will also be a good player but I doubt it will be here.
Also, his legs. If he didn't have legs he'd be shit.

Decotron

Dont think theres a hope Tunnicliffe will make it here. Cole is far more interesting prospect. Bit early to write off Brady with the rest considering hes a few years younger than some of those mentioned.

charleysurf

Well, Jones is a freak case. Very unusual to be a first team CB at a top club so young. Wooton has plenty of time.
And, while its boring to harp on about him, could King do better than Ashley Young if he could stay fit? Maybe.

Overall, yes, the odds are against both of them. But I think there's a chance at least.

SkeppyRed

Also, his legs. If he didn't have legs he'd be shit.
Haha yes but you see what I mean, his passing, control, vision, movement and finishing are all just above average imo. He will be a very good player, just not here.

SkeppyRed

Dont think theres a hope Tunnicliffe will make it here. Cole is far more interesting prospect. Bit early to write off Brady with the rest considering hes a few years younger than some of those mentioned.
Tunnicliffe is 19, Brady 21. Brady's best chance is at left back in my opinion. If can convert and improve his positioning and concentration he be a useful future wing back for us.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

He is two years younger. Would love to see him break through as he was on Liverpool books.

SkeppyRed

He is two years younger. Would love to see him break through as he was on Liverpool books.
Yes he is actually and the ex-liverpool thing would be a good incentive. Rafa released him I think.

If he keeps improving then he has a chance but I just cant see it when you look whats in front of him in Evans/Smalling/Jones and then the very promising Keane/Thorpe/Mcullogch right behind him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hearing good praise for Tunnicliffe - apparently was one of the best players on the field tonight? I have high hopes for him - wouldn't be suprised if he'll play a few games in the COC* Cup this season.

*:lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Thought there was a horrendous lack of composure on the ball throughout the team really. Buttner was the only one who looked comfortable in possession with any consistency at all. Though was impressed by him.

Fletcher did his now trademark sit so deep that what's the point in him playing in midfield at all trick. He should be kept away from the first team until he stops doing that.

Still not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in Powell. Looks hurried and uncomfortable all the time. Hopefully just settling into things.

jb8521

Still think if it all clicks for King he could be an exceptional player on form hes close to unplayable but needs a lot more consistency in his finishing and his all eound play but hes a real handful in every game even when not on form. Im surprised there isnt more interest in him as I think even at championship or maybe even premiership level in the right system he could be extremely effective even if not scoring goals he would create a lot of problems for defenders and create space for others

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Haha yes but you see what I mean, his passing, control, vision, movement and finishing are all just above average imo. He will be a very good player, just not here.
I think his control is quite good, actually. His touch might not be silky, but it's decent, and coupled with the brilliant way he uses his body, he's able to maintain control in some very tight situations. I rate his movement too, but you can tell he's not a winger. If he can stay clear of injury and improve his finishing, who knows what level he can reach. He has stagnated a bit though and needs to play regularly at a high level this season.