U21s: United vs. Stoke

mo0

Tunniclife shaded the mom tonight, put some good effort in. Powell does look like he's wasted at this level & Macheda still struggles with staying on side and playing as a lone striker.
he did have a full season in the Football League you know :)

Ekeke

Sometimes you have to roll the dice. Juventus have done with Pogba, we should at least give him a shot, in one game, IMO.

I agree about his positioning though. I actually think that there is a Berbatov-esque arrogance about him, kind of like he thinks that he is good enough for the game to come to him, he needs to get a bit more intensity in his play.
Powell closes people down well. Cant say I ever saw that from Berbatov

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I wouldn't say so. He made it for himself really.

Edit: but the pass to him was played by Januzaj, if I remember correctly
Hmm, is there an official ruling on what qualifies as an 'assist'? I like to be generous and give it to whoever supplied the ball even if the goal was just down to individual brilliance.

Drainy

Hmm, is there an official ruling on what qualifies as an 'assist'? I like to be generous and give it to whoever supplied the ball even if the goal was just down to individual brilliance.
Well if I remember, Januzaj slipped him the ball in the inside right channel- he tehn beat about 3 players and finished it.

Might want to wait for the video, but I think it was Januzaj

Minkaro

Do u21s highlights tend to get posted in match threads, or the videos thread (if they get posted at all)?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
There's a guy on Youtube/Facebook called Mr MUJac or something who has videos and compilations of most of the matches.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Was quality. Top marks to Paddy Crerand for somehow managing to restrain himself from saying 'triffic' there, too. :D

Will Absolute

When it began I thought it was some kind of funky music video.

The great goal was the obvious highlight, but Powell had a good game generally. I think as he settles in and gains confidence he's showing us more of what he can do.