U21s: West Brom vs United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
HT 0-2 (og, Ennis)

Not much in it. West Brom were the better side early on but as the game went on United started finding holes inside their shape amd especially behind the defense.

Aljofree out best player so far. Think Baumann’s been decent too and the two forwards have worked their socks off and been dangerous in their box.

saik

2-0 at halftime. Fairly comfortable game for us with the only moments of trouble coming during that flurry of shots when they hit the cross bar.

Solid game from Ennis, McNeil and Forson. As said above, McNeil has been pressing like crazy and his off the ball movement was good and contributed towards our first goal.

Forson has been playing pretty much wherever he wants. Few good moments with the ball, nothing too crazy.

Collyer and Baumann have been good in midfield with Collyer wasting a very good chance to score that he created himself by pressing.

Id like to see Missin get on the ball more. Very quiet game from him so far.

top1whoisman

Scout
Would be fun to see Williams and Mantato in those WB positions in the second half :drool:

khoazany

Looks like Kwambala and Forson have been instructed to play a certain way that ETH wants them to do in the first team.

top1whoisman

Scout
47’

Williams almost scores from the edge of the box, but the shot goes a bit wide.

top1whoisman

Scout
Looks like we’ve changed to 4-2-3-1 now.

Ogunneye-Kambwala-Aljofree-Murray
-———-—Baumann———-Collyer
Missin—————-Forson———-Williams
—————————McNeill——————-

top1whoisman

Scout
Aljofree has played close to ten brilliant balls both to the wings as well as behind the defensive line. Looks so effortless.

top1whoisman

Scout
67’

3-0

Wonderball this time on the floor from Aljofree, McNeill is away and gets the goal he deserves. Tidy finish.

top1whoisman

Scout
Guess the most interesting thing now is whether we can keep our first(!) clean sheet of the season. So far we’ve been pretty solid defensively.

top1whoisman

Scout
85’

Fredricson back after being out for almost a year and a half, Ogunneye off.

Mantato on for his U21s debut, replaces Missin.

saik

Good half from us. There were a few nervy moments right at the start of the half but we controlled the game well and more or less put it to bed with the 3rd goal. Aljofree had a wonderful game with all his passing. McNeil probably MoM. A goal and couple of assists. Not too shabby.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 0-3 (og, Ennis, McNeill)

Aljofree the PotM for me. Pinging accurate balls from a QB position for fun all night long. McNeill very good too.

Bertie Wooster

Very enjoyable game.

As has been said, good performances from a few - especially Aljofree and McNeill. And watching Harrison on the ball is much better than Myles! Though he loves to come out so far that I wasn't surprised to see him almost lobbed from half way line late on. :lol:

Was a little disappointed with Williams performances in the 2nd half - tried to make things happen as he always does, but thought he looked a bit looser on the ball compared to usual. Good to see Mantato make his U21 debut.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
2-0 at halftime. Fairly comfortable game for us with the only moments of trouble coming during that flurry of shots when they hit the cross bar.

Solid game from Ennis, McNeil and Forson. As said above, McNeil has been pressing like crazy and his off the ball movement was good and contributed towards our first goal.

Forson has been playing pretty much wherever he wants. Few good moments with the ball, nothing too crazy.

Collyer and Baumann have been good in midfield with Collyer wasting a very good chance to score that he created himself by pressing.

Id like to see Missin get on the ball more. Very quiet game from him so far.
would you say he’s been Missin?

lysglimt

Scout
MOTM for me was Harrison I think - his passing is superior to every outfield player we have in the team. Insanely gifted with the ball