U23s Liverpool v United - Diallo scores twice on debut

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
At least we are consistently poor at defending through the age groups.

so, so bad defensively
Good players who don't concentrate 100%, and don't do simple things like boot the ball out. We'd concede fewer if our defenders don't think they're Franz Beckenbauer

K Stand Knut

Good players who don't concentrate 100%, and don't do simple things like boot the ball out. We'd concede fewer if our defenders don't think they're Franz Beckenbauer
I suspect it’s instructions and playing style above anything else.

You clearly see the styles of both first teams being played out by younger, less experienced players.

Clearly worked in the end today but I couldn’t believe we got ourselves in to any winning position in the first half.

Diallo looked good though, albeit at that level

Inigo Montoya

I suspect it’s instructions and playing style above anything else.

You clearly see the styles of both first teams being played out by younger, less experienced players.

Clearly worked in the end today but I couldn’t believe we got ourselves in to any winning position in the first half.

Diallo looked good though, albeit at that level
I agree but I do feel they need to make n instant risk assessment, whereby playing out under severe pressure is a huge risk and just requires safety first. Vidic was class because he assessed that quickly, kicked the ball out and got back into position

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
For once it was worth watching a debut even though it was only U23
Don't suppose there's anywhere to show highlights? Maybe someone will put something on YouTube because of the Diallo hype.

K Stand Knut

I agree but I do feel they need to make n instant risk assessment, whereby playing out under severe pressure is a huge risk and just requires safety first. Vidic was class because he assessed that quickly, kicked the ball out and got back into position
Agreed. It’s a fine line but they are all just so comfortable on the ball and clearly want to play football rather than hoofing it.

They just need to make decisions about when to do either. Especially when it comes to relieving a bit of pressure

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sensational. I’d say it be quite a while before he even makes the first team bench. Still got a boy’s physique. Presumably stopped growing by now, so will start to fill out. His finishing was absolutely class today.
He's only 17 so is likely gonna still grow.

RashyForPM

Hugill is excellent. A worthy backup to Haaland and Ronaldo after 4 seasons in my United FM21 career :D

The Red Thinker

I remember when Hugill joined from Sunderland and scored a bunch of goals for the U18s and thought - "Wow... Kid knows where to be in the box"

Now he's doing that in the U23s WITH EAAASE... We got ourselves a proper striker lads. And he's HUGE. Lad's 17 and like 6'2 with the that silky touch.

We need an rvn

Anyone know what the value of our U23 squad is in terms of youth players bought? Probably bought for more than some top Championship squads or Fulham etc.

Not complaining here as they play for Utd and one of our strategies is to buy the best young players in the world for the near future of course

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone know what the value of our U23 squad is in terms of youth players bought? Probably bought for more than some top Championship squads or Fulham etc.

Not complaining here as they play for Utd and one of our strategies is to buy the best young players in the world for the near future of course
Somewhere between £10m - £15m, with the majority of that being spent on Mejbri, was another £8m for Pellistri who's going out on loan. Hard to guess tribunal fees for players like Puigmal, Kovar and the like. If you're including Diallo he likely cost just under our entire squad combined.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

It’s definitely very big money for that level but I think that’s the future for us. We’ve tried buying ready made over the last few years and it’s mostly flopped.

RedDevilRoshi

Really impressed with Amad. Think it’ll be only a matter of time before we see him in the 1st team. Superb two goals and overall a fantastic debut.

Another player that impressed me was Joe Hugill. Fantastic hattrick and absolutely clinical. Looks like a proper number 9.

Bojan Djordjic

Well youth football is for development and isn't it better that they learn how to do it at this level and make their mistakes there. Don't know why people get so worked up about youth team results when the only thing we should be worried about is if players are showing improvement.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Not really. I know he's young but he's not really shown anything at all at U23 level. He got promoted beyond his level, he needed more time in the U18s.
This line of thinking infuriates me. Much better for a player who the coaches think had potential to struggle in u23 games than cruise around the pitch for the u18s.

city-puma

Don't suppose there's anywhere to show highlights? Maybe someone will put something on YouTube because of the Diallo hype.
There is a Diallo video from this game on YouTube. I watched it. Diallo looked playing kind of walking-jogging football. Very relaxed and did some Grealish work, attracting several opponents and releasing the ball to the teammates.

city-puma

I was saying a while back I think Hugil will make it here. It’s a pity he’s so young because we need a big mobile striker right now
Is he cavani like player? I saw some highlights and basically he is doing a lot of puncher stuffs in the box.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There is a Diallo video from this game on YouTube. I watched it. Diallo looked playing kind of walking-jogging football. Very relaxed and did some Grealish work, attracting several opponents and releasing the ball to the teammates.
Thanks.

city-puma

Hannibal impressed me today honestly.

Diallo looked good but wasn't on the ball enough, can't wait to see him in the first team.
I have no way to watch the whole game but the highlight of Diallo. From it, it seems that his play brings out the best of the others during the attacks.

Mickson

Not really. I know he's young but he's not really shown anything at all at U23 level. He got promoted beyond his level, he needed more time in the U18s.
He has more yellow cards than goals and assists combined, which says a lot considering how hard is to get booked at that level.

Inigo Montoya

Well youth football is for development and isn't it better that they learn how to do it at this level and make their mistakes there. Don't know why people get so worked up about youth team results when the only thing we should be worried about is if players are showing improvement.
Except I was talking about the mens first team, not youth

Dve

In my opinion Mejbri's like Pogba, at his best when he keeps it simple.

Hugil's looked a player all season, I've got a very good feeling about him.
Mejbri reminds me a lot more of Fernandes. A great engine, looks for the creative pass, loses the ball quite a bit.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
12 pages because of the result or Diallo? :lol::rolleyes:

6-3 win is always interesting and to beat Liverpool is great too.......but we must improve our defending (The second goal for Liverpool was totally laughable) or we will go in the relegation zone in the next matches.