U23s Liverpool v United - Diallo scores twice on debut

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's a fantastic save. Kovar's got his mojo back.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Amad has about the same experience as all the players present, except Williams. He's a rookie
He's played in the champions league, and 4 games in the Italian division, as well as training with higher quality players on a consistent basis.

Dve

Who needs a defence when you´ve got Mejbri, Hugill and Diallo. Fantastic performance by all three.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who needs a defence when you´ve got Mejbri, Hugill and Diallo. Fantastic performance by all three.
Puigmal was also very good.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hannibal impressed me today honestly.

Diallo looked good but wasn't on the ball enough, can't wait to see him in the first team.

Glorio

I'm guessing Pellistri's loan deal is close considering he didn't play today

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's played in the champions league, and 4 games in the Italian division, as well as training with higher quality players on a consistent basis.
He had a cameo in the UCL. Let’s not exaggerate things

Red_toad

Kovar getting his magic back, his defenders certainly didn’t help him at all. Enjoyable game, good to see the Diallo not sure he’ll get many games if that’s how he’s going to perform. Our attacking trio were excelent.

Glorio

Hannibal impressed me today honestly.

Diallo looked good but wasn't on the ball enough, can't wait to see him in the first team.
I think Diallo visibly tired towards the end which is understandable considering he hasn't played that many full matches recently

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mejbri and Diallo excellent and 'Smoking Joe Hugill' with 4 goals which is another demonstration of his ability in front of goal, prolific.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Is it fair to say Hugill is a bit of a Haaland in terms of physique and style? Looks big and awkward but is a hell of a finisher?

Inigo Montoya

I think Diallo visibly tired towards the end which is understandable considering he hasn't played that many full matches recently
My feeling is that he’ll play one or two more to get match fitness. His skill is evident

mav_9me

Diallo was so good but that's to be expected against this level.

He is clearly first team level.

Once his match fitness is upto the requisite level, he should start for first team.

Hoof the ball

Mej-Bruh was my MOTM, even though Huge Hill was as clinical as Jack the Ripper today. And as for Diallo....... we didn't get him the ball that much because for whatever reason our youth coaching must suck too, but mein gott! Different level that kid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Credit to Liverpool, they've only had 2 players deserving of a red card instead of the usual 5 or 6.

Our attacking was about as good as you could ask, our defence was the same old story. Hugil, Puigmal, Mejbri and Diallo were the standouts. Mejbri's tenacity and technique continue to impress me, once he sorts his temper out he won't be far off a first team cameo. Hugil's been a quality addition to this side, we were sorely lacking someone with his presence last season, his instinct and awareness is top notch. Falls somewhere in the middle of a youth Will Keane and Haaland, in terms of style, very interested to see how his career pans out because the early signs are good. Puigmal reminds me of a really talented version of Herrera, I think he'll do well when he eventually steps up to the men's game. Diallo's dribbling, technique and pace was the perfect foil to Mejbri on the opposite side, even off the back of that game you can see how good he is, it's almost a shame that he likely won't be playing at that level much longer because those 4 have the makings of a hell of a front line.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Amad seems composed and arrogant in a good way. He needs this in abundance playing for United. The confidence whilst watching his penalty was a pleasure to watch.

Irrational.

Credit to Liverpool, they've only had 2 players deserving of a red card instead of the usual 5 or 6.

Our attacking was about as good as you could ask, our defence was the same old story. Hugil, Puigmal, Mejbri and Diallo were the standouts. Mejbri's tenacity and technique continue to impress me, once he sorts his temper out he won't be far off a first team cameo. Hugil's been a quality addition to this side, we were sorely lacking someone with his presence last season, his instinct and awareness is top notch. Falls somewhere in the middle of a youth Will Keane and Haaland, in terms of style, very interested to see how his career pans out because the early signs are good. Puigmal reminds me of a really talented version of Herrera, I think he'll do well when he eventually steps up to the men's game. Diallo's dribbling, technique and pace was the perfect foil to Mejbri on the opposite side, even off the back of that game you can see how good he is, it's almost a shame that he likely won't be playing at that level much longer because those 4 have the makings of a hell of a front line.
That summary is spot on.

Would love to see Hugill and Hannibal break into the first team, especially Hugill. We're missing a striker that has that kind of presence and finishing ability.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Hugill reminds me of Rashford when he was coming through. Gangly, awkward. Rashford has obviously blossomed, hopefully Hugill will follow the same route. Puigmal got through a lot of hard work today, too.

Okey

Great game! Lovely to turn over the dippers at any level. Diablo and Hugill look like stars of the future.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Is it fair to say Hugill is a bit of a Haaland in terms of physique and style? Looks big and awkward but is a hell of a finisher?
Incredible finisher. Doesn't have the same strength or pace but Haaland developed super quickly physically as he was working with Cristiano Ronaldos nutritionist and strength coach from 16. If Hugill is smart off the pitch, then he could become a superstar.

BestRed

Great win, some very good performances in there, Diallo looking the business.

Inigo Montoya

Hugill reminds me of Rashford when he was coming through. Gangly, awkward. Rashford has obviously blossomed, hopefully Hugill will follow the same route. Puigmal got through a lot of hard work today, too.
Rashford’s pace was scary at that level and at senior level he’s nigh on impossible to catch in full flight. Hugill doesn’t have that pace but is nearer a Kane in that he just accelerates enough to make space and finish more clinically.
I’d say he’s a more natural centre forward while Rashford is better from wide

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Considering these ones smashed us early in the season 5-3 it was good to give it back. Still too many errors at the back but our pressing and movement up front was great. Would love to see a front 3 of Elanga, Hugill, Amad one day!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm a little confused. Hugill scored a hat trick, we won 4-2 and Diallo scored 2?