U23s - Manchester United vs Fulham

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The twat who got sent off is called Jayden Josiah Mundle-Smith??? WTF

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow that’s one of the worst decisions ever

Irrational.

If they scored that pen it would've been an absolute robbery.

Fulham with some really shitty tactics tonight. Ref ruined a decent performance in the last 10-15 mins.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Fulham with some really shitty tactics tonight. Ref ruined a decent performance in the last 10-15 mins.
Yeah, twice our players had chance to go down in the box but they stayed on their feet. Fulham player without any contact just dived.

Anyways in the end deserved win.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Nothing changes when teams play Utd. They all seem to want to prove a point and refs give them far too much leeway.

You want a level playing field in terms of officiating but I do think some of these jobsworths just love putting the boot into Utd

Irrational.

Nothing changes when teams play Utd. They all seem to want to prove a point and refs give them far too much leeway.

You want a level playing field in terms of officiating but I do think some of these jobsworths just love putting the boot into Utd
Expect the same tomorrow. I don't even think we can rely on VAR these days.

OohAahMartial

Crappy game. The U23 without Gomes and Chong lacks a bit of guile up front to unlock a parked bus defence.

We were well below par.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Ye likely just keeping the seats warm on the bus again. Fully expect him to go with 'Static', 'doesnt really Mata' and 'Ash'' tomorrow
I'm not sure why anyone would think Gomes or Chong are a better option than any of those players?

I mean I like both and rate Gomes in particular, but the only one either of them could conceivably play instead of is Mata, and at present he is better than either of them. If we were going to suddenly throw one of them in I definitely wouldn't want it to be in a league game with half our senior players missing, against a potential top 4 rival.

Garner is a bit good.
Yeah he looks a level above everyone whenever I watch him, even when he has a not so good game. Too soon for him to be in the first team mix but he must be making Ole and co take notice.

I think the problem is a lot of these players find it a bit too easy playing at this level in the lower league. It doesn't really look like a challenge for them. The performances have already started to reflect that.

nav_10

I must say....the puns in this thread tonight, really have been the dog's pollocks!

Spaghetti

Mom's
What was the score?

Chong and Gomes didn’t play, right? So they could be in for tomorrow. I’d rather see Garner in, I like what I’ve seen of him.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
What was the score?

Chong and Gomes didn’t play, right? So they could be in for tomorrow. I’d rather see Garner in, I like what I’ve seen of him.
Garner was injured and needed tonight to get some mins under his belt ahead of our Europa League.

lysglimt

Scout
Impressed by Fish - he didnt fall hook, line and sinker a single time despite being a small fish in a big pond. The Fulham-players at times were like piranhas around our box, but he didn't dive in and not once did he flounder. I expect he will try to knock Ercolani and Bernard off their Kelp perch now.

lysglimt

Scout
On a more serious note - 3 players stood out today. Fish, Mengi and Williams. Fish and Mengi individually were excellent, but struggled to make a good partnership. Which makes sense as they are young and haven't played that much together. Mengi's top-speed cant be far behind the quickest at the club. Williams had a couple of defensive errors, but his driving runs and the way he pushes the team forward is superb. They were our 3 best players

Kovar also deserves a mention for that brilliant penalty save - but that was basically all he had to do in the game. I was never really impressed with him last year, but now he is looking the most talented together with Henderson.

Ramazani had that one flash of brilliance but was otherwise poor, Elanga almost tries to hard. What comes naturally for him at U18-level doesn't here. Garner was poor by his standards. Galbraith and Levitt also well below normal standards.

BlackBen

Herring good things about Fish, does this mean he didn't play like a fish out of water? And also is his middle name Nimo because I couldn't find him on YouTube.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What was the score?

Garner would get banged up in CM in a Premier League game. Hopefully he'll get some first team minutes at some point though. If we just throw him in at the deep end I think he'll flounder due to the physicality. Technically he'd look less out of plaice.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He might be small fry right now but if we loan him out to a minnow for a whale then he might become something more than just a common molly given the charnce.

Diplodus holbrooki.