U23s - Manchester United vs Fulham

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
At Leigh Sports Village
Kick off at 7pm
Live on MUTV

We are at the top of the table with 10 points after 4 games. Fulham is 10th with 3 points.

RedDevilRoshi

Won’t be surprised if Williams, Garner, Gomes & Chong don’t play as they may be required for the 1st team tomorrow due to the number of injuries we have.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gomes I think will likely miss out because otherwise we'd have no attacking midfielder on the bench. I reckon Chong will make the bench too.

Mark Pawelek

Last match, O'Connor played right FB in place of injured Ethan Laird. But O'Connor was sold to Celtic. Williams was left FB. We have a mini-FB injury crisis with 5 injured full-backs: Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Laird, Shaw, TFM. Saturday Leicester squad could see 2 of Young, Rojo, Demetri Mitchell, Williams as FBs with 1 on the bench. Tonight we may see one or two U-18 full-backs promoted unless we play a CB at FB. Or Arnau Puigmal who's played right FB before.

Last edited:

AltiUn

Last match, O'Connor played right FB in place of injured Ethan Laird. But O'Connor was sold to Celtic. Williams was left FB. We have a mini-FB injury crisis with 5 injured full-backs: Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Laird, Shaw, TFM. Saturday Leicester squad could see 2 of Young, Rojo, Demetri Mitchell, Williams as FBs with 1 on the bench. Tonight we may see one or two U-18 full-backs promoted unless we play a CB at FB. Or Arnau Puigmal who's played right FB before.
I think there’s a chance we promote Devine and put Williams at right back.

AltiUn

Devine got a red card last U18 game, so im guessing he cant play today
Ah forgot about that, didn’t he get sent off after the final whistle too? Yeah suspensions might carry over.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d guess Puigmal will play full-back.

AltiUn

Oof, Will Fish making his U23 debut already. No Gomes and Chong basically confirms they're with the first team in some capacity.

red4ever 79

Oof, Will Fish making his U23 debut already. No Gomes and Chong basically confirms they're with the first team in some capacity.
Ye likely just keeping the seats warm on the bus again. Fully expect him to go with 'Static', 'doesnt really Mata' and 'Ash'' tomorrow

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Hopefully not missing out again just to sit in the stands. Hope one or both at least makes the bench then starts vs Astana.

Just looking at the lineup, is Elanga the one that looks like he'll be a good player? Think he may have had a thread about him recently? Hopefully Hoogewerf gets some minutes. Not seen him yet but how has he looked so far? Looked talented from the clips at Ajax.

lysglimt

Scout
That is a seriously young defense....Fish is 16, Mengi is 17, Williams just turned 19 and McGhee turns 19 tomorrow.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surprised to see Williams and Garner in there under current circumstances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That is a seriously young defense....Fish is 16, Mengi is 17, Williams just turned 19 and McGhee turns 19 tomorrow.
Yeah, same with midfield too.

I think oldest outfield player is 19 years old.

Btw is Fish highly rated?

Allas8

Surprised to see Williams and Garner in there under current circumstances.
Maybe they want to give Garner 90 min before starting against Astana, as he comes back from injury. Hopefully Wan-Bissaka is cleared to play tomorrow. Atleast that is my takeaway from them playing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maybe they want to give Garner 90 min before starting against Astana, as he comes back from injury. Hopefully Wan-Bissaka is cleared to play tomorrow. Atleast that is my takeaway from them playing.
That’s true, good point about AWB too, perhaps there’s hope.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, I think AWB will play tomorrow. Ole didn't rule him out.

pascell

No way he starts that game, it'll be Matic and Fred.

I think AWB will have an outside chance of making the game tomorrow, he was only a doubt, it's just whether we want to risk it.

lysglimt

Scout
Will Fish has been really good in the first 20 minutes. Looks a proper talent

lysglimt

Scout
Several of our players looking well below par in this first half. Galbraith and Levitt been really sloppy both of them - unusual.

lysglimt

Scout
it's good not to cheat - but why Elanga jumps away from the goalkeepers out-stretched leg I will never know ? And then he turns around and blasts the ball over goal. It's a bit strange why Elanga looks like he lacks composure at this level - when he appears to have a lot of tt when he plays at U18-level. Secons later Williams with a brilliant run before hammering the ball wide of the post

lysglimt

Scout
Sonny Hilton has had an awful first half...he could have had a hat-trick but he has wasted 3 chances through poor ball-Control

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely love Williams!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How are we missing 3 full-backs and yet Williams is still playing for the U23s?

Allas8

No way he starts that game, it'll be Matic and Fred.
Hopefully they will start against Astana, its just that if Pogba is still out for the West-Ham game, we might not want to risk Matic for that one. But I don't know ofcourse.

lysglimt

Scout
Elanga and Ramazani not having a good game so far - but both have so much quality that either can decide this game